What are your favorite movie or tv show fandoms?

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know that after like 25 years they actually brought Twin Peaks back lol? That move is as strange as the show was haha, same main character and he's like 50 now lol, I haven't seen the new one and I barely remember the old one, maybe they actually explain everything in the new one.

Yeah, I heard of the Twin Peaks remake. I'm almost as skeptical of it as I was about the return of the X-Files. But much to my surprise, the return of the X-Files was not too bad.

Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes great show! I actually found that a few of the Negan episodes are flat out disturbing and almost unwatchable. In short he needs to die and die soon lol. The episode where he killed Glenn was too much for me.

I started watching The Walking Dead because some of my fellow Potterheads were into the show. I thought I would check it out on Netflix and then I was hooked. I watch the new episodes on Amazon Prime because I don't have cable or satellite in my home. The episodes with Negan are extremely violent and disturbing. I have to admit that I liked the actor who plays Negan a lot better when he played John Winchester in Supernatural. He was a lot less scarier and violent in that show.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I loved the beginning and the end of the new X-Files, what was it like 6 episodes? I wish there was no fluff episodes there, I wish every episode was based on the main plot/storyline.

Yeah me too. I really liked that show when it first came out. I watched it from its beginning to its end and every once in awhile, I'll binge watch the show on Netflix, just for nostalgia's sake.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's funny when somebody has character lock with you, I never watched supernatural so if I ever do watch it I'll be the reverse of you, I'll keep thinking that Negan is out of place and he is more natural when he's more scary & violent lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's funny when somebody has character lock with you, I never watched supernatural so if I ever do watch it I'll be the reverse of you, I'll keep thinking that Negan is out of place and he is more natural when he's more scary & violent lol

Yeah, I do have a character lock on my favorite actors. Another example of that would be Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy on Harry Potter) having a role in CW's The Flash during the show's third season. I kept half expecting his character to say "My father will hear about this!" HP fans will get that reference.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My all time worst character lock was Keanu Reeves, it took me forever to not see him as Ted from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure lol.

I love that movie! It's a classic and still my favorite. Did you know there's talk of another movie?

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you know there's talk of another movie?
Haha that would be hilarious...and after watching it all of those years that it took me to pull away from my Keanu Reeves character lock would go up in smoke lol

• Haha
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haha that would be hilarious...and after watching it all of those years that it took me to pull away from my Keanu Reeves character lock would go up in smoke lol

I will always love Bill and Ted (and their air guitar).

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One American TV series I watched was Twin Peaks . I persevered in watching it to the end hoping to make some sense of it .

I still ask what on earth was it all about ?

Here's your human interest story of the day. While I've never watched the show Twin Peaks I did compete in the Western Regional Ultimate Tournament under the shadows of the real Twin Peaks, featured in the introduction of Twin Peaks, just outside Seattle, Washington.

I became a man that day. I played like a stud.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Any The Walking Dead fans here? If so, any thoughts about the new season eight? And by the way, I learned the hard way NOT to eat anything while watching this show.

Nope, never watched a second.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I confess, even though I was typically several years late to the show I have watched the reruns of every episode of Breaking Bad several times. I've learned to skip over the overly long, dramatic, emotive, long shots so you can break down a bad episode to ten minutes or less and it's not a complete waste of time. I was mostly fascinated with the really bad parts.

I have been following Better Caul Saul which is not as gnarly as Breaking Bad and a little more compelling, but like Breaking Bad I suspect the acting is really bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here's your human interest story of the day. Star Wars influenced much of my early Lego building although Lego didn't come out with their first Star Wars set until 1999. When Star Wars Lego sets did become available, on the inaugural night, I sneaked out of my house at midnight, I slipped into a Toys R US, dodged the TV cameras, and purchased one of the my first Lego Star Wars set. Fortunately my ruse worked, I didn't show up on the nightly news and my wife knew nothing about it.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I did enjoy the first two Star Wars movies. I saw them in the theaters when they first came out. I got off the Stars Wars bus at the third movie, however, with that planet of violence prone teddy bears that would inexplicably simultaneously break out in song.

In my later years I did drag my wife to some other Star Wars prequel. I was looking for cool spaceships but all I got out of it were stupid speed racers and the friends of the young Anikin Skywalker, crying "Annie, Annie!"

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After the first three seasons, Portlandia got too weird for even me, but being married to a girl from Portland, and a frequent and fond visitor to the same, I found Portlandia to be hysterically typical of the place. Brunch Village being the exemplification of such.

Here's your second human interest story of the day. That's Tim Robbins from The Shawshank Redemption.

My wife hates Portlandia.

I tell her it's her own fault. She made Portland what it is today.

The funniest moment came when we were both watching one night. I was laughing hysterically, and I looked over at my wife and she just looked mad. She was sitting on one of the same large red rubber balls (they're supposed to be good for your back, I'm sitting on one right now) that the mayor of Portlandia (Kevin McLaughlin) sits on in the mayor's office.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have some friends who are all hyped up about the new Star Wars movie. I listen to them go on and on about how excited they are and I do my best to look interested too. I'm actually very supportive of them immersing themselves in the Star Wars fandom because these friends are and have always been very supportive of my HP fandom over the years. They patiently listened to me go on and on about the latest Harry Potter movie release or have always taken my continuous HP references in stride. So, I think I owe them my loyalty when they now go on and on about the new Star Wars movie and I take their Star Wars references in stride too. With all that being said, I don't get excited about new movie premieres anymore like I use to while I was growing up and into my early adulthood.

Grant it, I did get overly excited when a new Harry Potter movie premiered though. I think I may have been just as excited as my children were. We would go to the midnight showing and then proceed to see the new movie two or three more times after that. I'm pleased to say that we, that is my family and I, now have the Fantastic Beasts movie premieres to look forward to for the next 8 years or so. Our favorite fandom involving Harry and his magical world gleefully exists in our home and almost everywhere else it seems, so we never experience any kind of withdrawals from it. It seems like we're always running into other enthusiastic Potterheads wherever we go, who like to exchange their favorite HP moments and well wishes with us. Where was I? Oh yeah, the new Star Wars movie premiere and other movie premieres. So, I was wondering... does anyone else here get excited about a movie premiere or even go to a midnight showing of their favorite movie fandom?

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0