Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
John 3:16 is special to me because I was saved on March 16 (3/16) in 1997. It covers both the virgin conception/birth and death/resurrection of Jesus, including why both miracles happened.

"For God so loved the world He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life."

But there are many others to love about a variety of topics, obviously including verses typed in red letters. List and quote all of your favorites here, no matter what they are about.

• Informative
Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Captain Ahab

Aug 7, 2020
Southeast
✟6,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some of my favorites I can think of right now.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:58

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 54:17

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:1

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1 Peter 5:6-8

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Matthew 6:20

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
John 12:25

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
Philippians 4:4

In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee. And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast shewed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead. Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude. Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great? And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king: Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
2 Chronicles 1:7-12

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Revelation 22:13

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:7

Upvote 0

Johann@P

Apr 27, 2022
Durban South Africa
✟20,731.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My favorite ones

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
The whole chapter and contain precious promises for the believer in Christ Jesus.
Blessings
J.

Upvote 0

Wayne Gabler

Jan 26, 2020
Calgary
✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Christian Forums
Ephesians 4:30
King James Version

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Does that apply to the people that are alive for the 1,000 years, if so these verses also apply. It is the names of the people that will be alive for the 1,000 years, that is the sweet part, the bitter part is the names are a small segment of all of Adam and Eve's children. The names not read at that time are read 1,000 years later at the Great White Throne event.
Re:11:14-18:
The second woe is past;
and,
behold,
the third woe cometh quickly.
And the seventh angel sounded;
and there were great voices in heaven,
saying,
The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord,
and of his Christ;
and he shall reign for ever and ever.
And the four and twenty elders,
which sat before God on their seats,
fell upon their faces,
and worshipped God,
Saying,
We give thee thanks,
O Lord God Almighty,
which art,
and wast,
and art to come;
because thou hast taken to thee thy great power,
and hast reigned.
And the nations were angry,
and thy wrath is come,
and the time of the dead,
that they should be judged,
and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets,
and to the saints,
and them that fear thy name,
small and great;
and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Re:10:7-10:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel,
when he shall begin to sound,
the mystery of God should be finished,
as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again,
and said,
Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
And I went unto the angel,
and said unto him,
Give me the little book.
And he said unto me,
Take it,
and eat it up;
and it shall make thy belly bitter,
but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
And I took the little book out of the angel's hand,
and ate it up;
and it was in my mouth sweet as honey:
and as soon as I had eaten it,
my belly was bitter.

The last verse in Da:11 is referencing the 7 vials, the Re:20:4 resurrections are the next event on that day:
Da:11:45:
And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain;
yet he shall come to his end,
and none shall help him.
Da:12:1-3:
And at that time shall Michael stand up,
the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:
and there shall be a time of trouble,
such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
and at that time thy people shall be delivered,
every one that shall be found written in the book.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
some to everlasting life,
and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament;
and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

AbramSailor

Flower Chase the Sunshine!
May 7, 2021
Colorado
✟19,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel I preached to you, which you received, on which you have taken your stand 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I passed on to you as most important what I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

*Proverbs 18:24 "One with many friends may be harmed, but there is a friend who stays closer than a brother."

*John 15:13 "No one has greater love than this: to lay down his life for his friends."

*Romans 12:21 "Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good."

*1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Test all things. Hold on to what is good."

*Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen."

*Ephesians 1:13 "In him you also were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed."

*Ephesians 2:8-10 "For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— not from works, so that no one can boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time for us to do."

*Galatians 5:22-23 "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The law is not against such things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums