CA-Conservatives
That He will perform His Word.

Psalm 145:14-16 (NKJ)

14 The LORD upholds all who fall,
And raises up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look expectantly to You,
And You give them their food in due season
16 You open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Romans 4:20-22 (NKJ)

20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's hard but I really don't want to have expectations. I'm always wanting to ask different things of Him but I'm always reminded that if He never did another thing for me in my life I'd still never be able to repay Him for what He's already done in my salvation.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I think that many people see the word "expectation" as a "demanding" word. So when it's asked, "what do you expect of God" there is the idea that to "expect" anything of Him is to make demands.

While I think that it can be viewed that way, I believe that God expects us to expect Him to fulfill His promises to us. Much the same as if your dad says he's going to buy you a bicycle for your birthday that on your birthday you have a bicycle. You don't go around saying "my dad says he'll get me a bicycle for my birthday, but I don't really expect that he will" :scratch: That makes him sound finicky and/or untrustworthy.

I don't "demand expect" that God does anything other than what He's promised. I do "trust expect" though, that if He's told me He's going to do something, then I can trust and expect that He will follow through.

Upvote 0

Child of JC

Created to Love, and be Loved
Dec 31, 2004
Northern Ontario
Visit site
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be with me. To love me. To take care of me. To give me life. To let me know Him. To reveal Himself. To communicate with me....
I guess I expect Him to be in a real relationship with me and to enable me to be in relationship with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be with me. To love me. To take care of me. To give me life. To let me know Him. To reveal Himself. To communicate with me....
I guess I expect Him to be in a real relationship with me and to enable me to be in relationship with Him.

NICE POST :amen::clap:

Upvote 0