Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't normally come to this area of the forum. But I am a part of the Pentecostal movement. I just thought I would share some of my story with you. And wonder if you would like to share your journey with us.

I grew up in a Christian home but was slow at adopting the faith of my parents. I was not a bad person, I did not rebel as such. I think I was just afraid of what people would think of me if I got serious with Jesus.

But my mother's strong faith gave me a solid foundation for my life, and when many years later I surrendered my life to Jesus in an AOG church it had given me a good model to work with.

I have been a Christian for probably around 20 years now. The first 10 spent as a lost sheep, wandering around in my own wilderness. But now I feel connected to God, and although there are a lot of things I could improve, I feel confident in my walk with God.

If you have your popcorn ready, you can listen to a rather long testimony on youtube here.

Please feel free to share your story.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My involvement with the AoG goes back to my student days when I used to attend a service at a local church in the town with friends from the university. I helped out at the church a lot, visiting and supporting the elderly at home and playing the piano for some of the services. They were a very friendly and caring church family.

My background is in the Church of England where I am a confirmed member and where I attended ever since I was a child. Theologically, I lean towards Anglo-Catholicism, with its emphasis on the liturgy, the sacraments, and the Real Presence in the Eucharist. However, I have always believed the church is not limited to one particular denomination, but is made up of people of different backgrounds who love and serve Jesus in faith. Our Christian life is like a journey. None of us have reached the destination and there is always something new to learn and discover.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
FAAH,

I was reared in the Catholic church. My father’s family is Baptist but my grandparents were Catholic and we followed suit. The parish priests were extremely kind and permitted me to spend time in the rectory discussing the Lord. They answered my questions and provided my first bible. I had a hunger for God and was drawn to the wisdom texts. They were my favorites.

On occasion I spent weekends with my aunt. She watched Christian programming, listened to the bible on tape and attended events in the city. Some featured preaching or prayer meetings. I really enjoyed them. I didn’t recognize domination at the time. I was quite young. But she’d fall in the Pentecostal fold.

In spite of my beginning it was difficult to sate the need within. I didn’t have the words or experiences to explain my lack. I searched to and fro through many denominations and religions until I reached the end of myself and wound up in a synagogue.

I realized what I desired most was relational. I wanted to know God and experience Him completely. I needed to know He was real rather than hinge my faith on belief. By the time I arrived I was ready to hear from Him.

The Holy Spirit took me by the hand and led me back to Himself. Precept by precept and line by line. I was finally Home with the Beloved. I experienced the greatest peace and certainty I’ve ever known.

The Lord directed me to wonderful teachers and resources. Derek Prince is my favorite. His work and story have ministered to me on many levels. The simplicity of his faith mirrors my own.

All the facets that were instrumental in my makeup are found in my walk with God. He knit a tapestry which honors my beginning and the end we’re walking towards.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was born in London and moved with my family when I was two and a half years of age to a New Town in UK,where I lived on a Council estate. Mum and Dad sent me from the age of four to Sunday School at the local Presbyterian Church. I learnt about Jesus and 'gave my heart to him' as a child,but did not have the assurance of salvation until I was 14 and invited to a youth event at the local AOG Pentecostal Church. The ex pop singer Terry Dene was testifying and singing of his new found faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord. I responded to the gospel appeal and confessed my faith in Christ and started a brand new life which is still changing me today in 2020. It was 1965 when I repented for my sin and turned to His way. It has stood the test of time. I recommend my Saviour to you!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My Grandparents had a strong foundation and my own personal love of God to where I thought I had received Jesus through a single verse at a very young age wasn’t enough. With no discipleship, nor hunger for the things of God, word of God, examples proved incapable to write His will on my heart to provide an immovable and rich, trustworthy rock of growth. Instead, it was replaced by a heathen lifestyle nurtured along by a secular circle of school friends. So, throughout the school years I progressively worsened to adopt my first measurable success in God’s word

What fruit did you reap at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed?

(Romans 6:1)​

Answer? A living misery that exhibited all the traits assoc with folks who find themselves cultivating the works of the flesh. That portion of one’s testimony may be taken as inspirational to some, to “overcome” the evil one, but isn’t required to open oneself to others over that journey of shame.

But, the resulting journey is encapsulated quite easily, publicly receiving and confessing Christ and participating in His baptism was the surest means to commence putting on Christ. But immediately thereafter immersing myself in memorizations (which contributes to meditations) of His word are invaluable. But the area to which I was economically bound was 98% resistant to the full-gospel message of Baptism with the Spirit. It would take a full twelve years before God opened the door of the fullest biblical integrity to bring oneself under.

Those three primary obstacles brought yet one more that sampled yet another primary setback to God’s will, one that included them all; the non-existent hunger for the unity of the Spirit for those who may have exceeded our own full persuasion, albeit exceptions do occur along the way, though that long-lived resistance continues to decimate so much for that same call placed upon every Christian for the unity of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I was born in Exeter, Devon, England, where at a very young age I had, quite literally, become an orphan. I grew up in a children's home and wasn't adopted until my teens.
Scripture says that God is the Father of the fatherless and protects the orphans. How very true that was for me. He certainly made it very clear to me that He was there and that He cared. He put some of the most kind, dedicated, people one could ever know into my path. They were not just caregivers, they were people who loved and treated me as if I was one of their own. And later on I came to understand the gospel and commit my life to Jesus Christ.
Nowadays, if I get any thought or fear in my mind that God has abandoned me, I just look back at my life and I soon realise how God, through all the highs and lows of my life, has faithfully held me, protected me, and sustained me with such a jealous love.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was born in Exeter, Devon, England, where at a very young age I had, quite literally, become an orphan. I grew up in a children's home and wasn't adopted until my teens.
Scripture says that God is the Father of the fatherless and protects the orphans. How very true that was for me. He certainly made it very clear to me that He was there and that He cared. He put some of the most kind, dedicated, people one could ever know into my path. They were not just caregivers, they were people who loved and treated me as if I was one of their own. And later on I came to understand the gospel and commit my life to Jesus Christ.
Nowadays, if I get any thought or fear in my mind that God has abandoned me, I just look back at my life and I soon realise how God, through all the highs and lows of my life, has faithfully held me, protected me, and sustained me with such a jealous love.
Wonderful testimonies! So good to hear!

Upvote 0