• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What are you feeling today?

NowhereManNot

Mar 5, 2012
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou for your kind words LovedSparrow, your prayers are very appreciated, I know stuff happens when people pray, the atmosphere is very different at home for no apparent reason to me appart from the fact peole are praying. Your right I have been throwing a few 'fixes' out there for people on this forum, am I as arrogant as I have been told I am? Sorry to anyone out there who I probably offended. PS my wife nursed her previous husband at home as a quadraplegic and raised their 3 children. She said she felt so close to God in those times. They actually laughed and joked together, people who knew them couldn't understand. I guess God can meet us in our hour of deepest need

Upvote 0

NeverEnder

Jun 15, 2010
New York City
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I feel okay so far.

I went outside to the store - It's sunny and noisy, people walking around, driving; I try to avoid all of that. It all triggers my brain in the wrong direction.

I am inside again, on CF, having coffee and I feel alright. :)

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou for your kind words LovedSparrow, your prayers are very appreciated, I know stuff happens when people pray, the atmosphere is very different at home for no apparent reason to me appart from the fact peole are praying. Your right I have been throwing a few 'fixes' out there for people on this forum, am I as arrogant as I have been told I am? Sorry to anyone out there who I probably offended. PS my wife nursed her previous husband at home as a quadraplegic and raised their 3 children. She said she felt so close to God in those times. They actually laughed and joked together, people who knew them couldn't understand. I guess God can meet us in our hour of deepest need

You're very right- The results of prayer can be baffling! 'My ways are not your ways and your thoughts are not My thoughts' came to mind. Especially in times of great suffering this rings true! I love how the Word says the Holy Spirit hears our groans and 'translates' them to God when we don't have the words. I think those are prayers too.

You're right- I feel we have a bond that maybe only people in caretakers' situations can understand. Like a bond of life just changed dramatically, and not a lot of people understand it all being on the outside. I hope this is where God shines through the most. I pray that God is glorified through my husband's accident. I really have to check my attitude. He has kept a great attitude about it, I respect him so much. If I were in his position, would I keep the same optimistic attitude? (probably not...) :sorry:

If I can ask, you do not have to answer, how are things with your wife going? Praying for wisdom and peace and comfort today.

LovedSparrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am feeling OK. Been feeling a bit better in the last few days :)

God is teaching me to draw close to him, to try to pray more and to try to spread peace.

-Matthew-

That's wonderful!! :thumbsup: Sometimes we need hard days to appreciate the good days, even though it stinks sometimes!

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm all better now except for clogged ear with some ringing, feels like my ear needs to pop, and a little cough. My eye is almost all better too!

It feels like rambling as I write for like 45 minute, but I read back and it's only like 4 sentences. I need Siri so I can just talk instead of type!

I can't imagine all you two have been through, but we are with you in spirit!

How are you doing? I hope your ear is better. My best friend here has a clogged ear for about a week and from her I know it's tough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NowhereManNot

Mar 5, 2012
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're very right- The results of prayer can be baffling! 'My ways are not your ways and your thoughts are not My thoughts' came to mind. Especially in times of great suffering this rings true! I love how the Word says the Holy Spirit hears our groans and 'translates' them to God when we don't have the words. I think those are prayers too.

I struggle with the line of what is giving advice and what is not helpful. I don't want to throw things at people. I guess I'm naturally tuned to help and encourage, (I love psychology) but I hope it doesn't come across as invalidating their feelings or throwing a quick fix, as you said. :confused: Do you struggle with this too? I need to start asking, "Are you venting or do you need some advice?"

You're right- I feel we have a bond that maybe only people in caretakers' situations can understand. Like a bond of life just changed dramatically, and not a lot of people understand it all being on the outside. I hope this is where God shines through the most. I pray that God is glorified through my husband's accident. I really have to check my attitude. He has kept a great attitude about it, I respect him so much. If I were in his position, would I keep the same optimistic attitude? (probably not...) :sorry:

If I can ask, you do not have to answer, how are things with your wife going? Praying for wisdom and peace and comfort today.

LovedSparrow

Re giving advice yes I do struggle with that, your just so desperate to feel relevant and validated that you have to get your opinion out there, to the detriment of the conversation. Ironically it actually achieves the opposite of what you intend. I am trying to learn to listen and really wait for people to ask me for my opinion.

Having said that here is an opinion for you anyway LOL. I wonder if AS is really more of a learnt thing, a bad habbit that carries on generationally. I have read that NT children with AS parents can develop the same traits. What if AS is really a SYMTOM OF SELFISHNESS that is triggered by a predesposition to that kind of behavior? I only say that not to have a go at anyone but because I can see now how selfish I have been in life. I know the texts also say there are physiological differences in the mind of someone with AS but even there what if those differences too are a result of our behavior rather than a cause. I am lead to believe that lessons we learn and memories we retain can actually affect the physiological makeup of your mind. But then perhaps this is just wishfull thinking on my part because I am unwilling to accept this thing is incurable, but hey why not.

Re things with my wife...Hmmm I am kind of on probation (she is a very caring giving optimistic person by nature but it is like I have sucked her dry - according to the literature this is very common scenario with male AS's who find a partner) she described it as a pot plant where everything above the surface has dried up but the roots are still there - she is amazing, its like the door is always left a-jar for me but I really think this cat is up to his 9th life!

Other than that I have been encouraged by other people in my church and dialoging with you and the others here in this forum so thankyou so very much, I do struggle much more with depression these days. My ignorance used to be bliss but not anymore. But God is on the throne as they say.

Upvote 0

NeverEnder

Jun 15, 2010
New York City
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am feeling OK, so-so.

I just got done reading a reply to a post of mine; The person is all-knowing and all-seeing, it seems and has the right to judge me and my faith/or lack of. Where do these particular "Christians" come from?? It is due to people like this that I fear religion and the Church.

God/Christ lives in my heart & body, not a building (A Church). How dare someone judge that I do not regularly attend Church. :nono:

-Matthew-

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am feeling OK, so-so.

I just got done reading a reply to a post of mine; The person is all-knowing and all-seeing, it seems and has the right to judge me and my faith/or lack of. Where do these particular "Christians" come from?? It is due to people like this that I fear religion and the Church.

God/Christ lives in my heart & body, not a building (A Church). How dare someone judge that I do not regularly attend Church. :nono:

-Matthew-

Was someone chastising you for not going? :doh: Yeah, it is annoying when people who don't know us or our situations or our thoughts gives us advice of what we should do (although I struggle with knowing when..), as we were talking about above with NowhereManNot. It is hard for us, especially when we struggle with social situations, the environment, and having people not understand us.

Sorry that you encountered that. I hope they had your best interests in mind, but sometimes people just like to argue just to argue or be right.

Hope you had a better day today! :thumbsup:
---
How's everyone doing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sure see what the important things in life are now. I guess I struggle with patience when a customer gets upset that they were waiting in my line too long. But I have to remember they're human, they have their bad days too. Have to remember to give them grace, also.

LovedSparrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
✟15,225.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Sure! I'm glad you're better. Flu's and colds have a way of knocking us. But I got to say sometimes the rest is nice. Sometimes I feel with me God is saying, "SLOW DOWN, WOULD YOU?!" ^_^

I don't know where you live, but in the Chicago area we've had 70 degree weather, only snowed a few times. The deep freeze hasn't happened in a while, so we already have mosquitoes. We don't normally have them til spring. A lot of my friends/family are complaining that their allergies are flaring up a lot.

Feel better soon! :thumbsup:

I'm originally from NJ where allergies only bothered us is the spring, but now we live in Texas where you can get hit as early as January sometimes. We forgot and spent a lot of time outside walking our daughter home from school each day.

I haven't been around lately. My wife was out of town for 11 days and I was home with 3 kids - 20 months, 4 and 5 years old. I thought it would be fun to go somewhere new and get pizza. I'm normally not into going out with the kids by myself - if something happens I'm not good at multitasking. And something always happens when I try to go out alone with them. Well everything went fine until we all started getting sick again. My 20 month old son had a temp of 103.4, strep throat, and an ear infection in both ears. My 4 year old and me have a bad cough, mine looks like it's turned into bronchitis. I wish we never went out for pizza! I'll just stay inside and kill the ants in the kitchen for now. We have all been sick on and off since October. I really want to get out of "survival" mode and maybe start living our lives. Make this house what it should be.

I'd like to write more on this forum. I have a lot I'd like to say and share, but finding the time and mind frame to sit down and write is rare. And there is the fear that some things I say will turn into a dispute.

So anyway... you actually have REAL problems - how is your husband doing?

Upvote 0

NowhereManNot

Mar 5, 2012
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NoWhereMan ... regarding your comment about sucking your wife dry. I can relate to that. Are you thinking her for what she does? Are you making comments about how you love her and like things she is doing? Etc.?

Good advice DAYHIKER your right I don't do it enough I was listening to this greAT cd today on the way to work, saying the very same thing, God really is concerned about every aspect of our lives. Thx again mate.

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to give advice: if anyone is ever in an accident, and it's someone else's fault, do NOT settle with the insurance company until you are completely 'healed.' The insurance company will try to settle as quickly as possible, and you're still stuck with injuries. When you have to get extra doctors appointments or physical therapy after you settle, you're stuck with the bills. Also, go through your health insurance rather than the car insurance company. They may have a deal with hospitals, ambulance companies, doctors, that they'll charge a lower price.
How are you doing?

How is everyone else doing? I miss seeing how everyone is. I've been away from the forums for a while.
LovedSparrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0