• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What are you feeling today?

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I know it is difficult for us to express our emotions to others, but didn't know if it is more helpful on these forums.

Hope you guys are doing okay.

I am sleepy today, waiting on God and trying to hold on to hope.

What are you feeling today? What is God teaching you?

Last edited:
May 29, 2011
✟15,225.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Trying to get over being sick. We've all been sick on and off since October.

I agree about bad days. I'm borderline and for me it has a lot to do with stress. For example if I'm stressed my eyes are more light sensitive, or if I have a headache. I've never had a problem with flapping, but if I were to drink a large dose of caffeine I'd be flying south for the winter. I sometimes can't even handle decaf.

Hope you get some rest and have a better day tomorrow!:amen:

Upvote 0

NowhereManNot

Mar 5, 2012
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know it is difficult for us to express our emotions to others, but didn't know if it is more helpful on these forums.

Hope you guys are doing okay.

I am sleepy today, waiting on God and trying to hold on to hope. My symptoms of autism are every day but it seems like they're worse some days than others.

What are you feeling today? What is God teaching you?

I think these forums are great...
God is very real, he knows your heart better than you do, please don't lose hope he never ever gives up on you no matter how much you might think you've missed it, the very fact that you can express yourself as openly as you have here is actually encouragement for others who feel the same way. You are one of the brave ones. I think we as members of Jesus 'body' the church are intended to be 'Jesus' to one another. How about that, you have not with-held Jesus from others here in this forum but revealed him to others for others, god bless you as you have blessed me, keep it up your a fantastic person.

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never had a problem with flapping, but if I were to drink a large dose of caffeine I'd be flying south for the winter.
:D

I'm glad you feel the same way about symptoms too. I didn't know if others experienced it either. Yes. Some days good and some days not. I feel like I go crazy. It just feels like a merry-go-round sometimes. Do you feel the same?

I hope you feel better soon, too! Do you have allergies or just general colds, flu, etc?

NowhereManNot, thank you for your kind words. :thumbsup: They were much needed today. God knew what I needed to hear today. It's exactly the spot I am in right now.

God is good!! :clap:

How about you?

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
TalusJumper,
Sorry you're feeling numb, it's a Catch 22, sometimes good to be there but a hard place to be. Its the place we realize we lean on God the most. Hope you're having a better day. Hang in there.

How are you all doing today?
LovedSparrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
✟15,225.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
My husband was driving in a head-on car crash on Saturday.

Sorry to hear!: eek:

Glad he is doing as good as he is doing. Praying for quick healing!!

Suddenly my illness doesn't seem so bad.

I hope you feel better soon, too! Do you have allergies or just general colds, flu, etc?

I think I might have allergies and a cold combined. I went to the doctor Friday (first time in about 10 years) and I have bronchitis, sinusitis, pink-eye, and the bronchitis cough complicated the pink-eye. Taking antibiotic and meds. Doing better.

Thursday night the sinus problem caused me to lose 90% hearing in my right ear. Painful and my ears were ringing. Head clogged. Again an example of how symptoms can be worse at times - certain sounds pierced to the core of my head and nervous system. I feel bad for anyone with autism who deals with something like that continually.

BUT... in the middle of all this I caught a glimpse of how I want life to be for my family and I saw that it is within our reach! Very excited to get all better and begin working towards a new start! It will be very hard, and there are obstacles, but I'm praying to handle it all properly.

Sorry to ramble. This is why I usually don't write, it's so much work to gather thoughts and write it all down.

*** Forgot to say I'm almost all better now, maybe by the end of the week. Thanks for asking!***

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Glad your hubby is OK.

I'm feeling financially raped ... had to work on my taxed the last couple of days! LOL

Ugh. Yes. Taxes are NO FUN! :doh: (I guess, unless, people like doing that stuff.) You're getting it done early though, that's good!

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear!: eek:

Glad he is doing as good as he is doing. Praying for quick healing!!

Suddenly my illness doesn't seem so bad.

I think I might have allergies and a cold combined. I went to the doctor Friday (first time in about 10 years) and I have bronchitis, sinusitis, pink-eye, and the bronchitis cough complicated the pink-eye. Taking antibiotic and meds. Doing better.

Thursday night the sinus problem caused me to lose 90% hearing in my right ear. Painful and my ears were ringing. Head clogged. Again an example of how symptoms can be worse at times - certain sounds pierced to the core of my head and nervous system. I feel bad for anyone with autism who deals with something like that continually.

BUT... in the middle of all this I caught a glimpse of how I want life to be for my family and I saw that it is within our reach! Very excited to get all better and begin working towards a new start! It will be very hard, and there are obstacles, but I'm praying to handle it all properly.

Sorry to ramble. This is why I usually don't write, it's so much work to gather thoughts and write it all down.

Goodness gracious! You're not feeling well, either! No, nothing to downplay. We all have our aches, pains, and issues. ;) I hope you feel better soon!!! It is especially difficult with our hearing too. Things can feel like drums pounding in our ears when we are sick. Are you able to move around or are do you just have to sleep a lot?

That's great about your vision! Yes, God will guide you and bring his purpose to prevail. 'The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.' Psalm 138:8. :thumbsup:

You're not rambling at all. This is what this thread is for. Keep going! I hope you find it helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NowhereManNot

Mar 5, 2012
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm glad you feel the same way about symptoms too. I didn't know if others experienced it either. Yes. Some days good and some days not. I feel like I go crazy. It just feels like a merry-go-round sometimes. Do you feel the same?

NowhereManNot, thank you for your kind words. :thumbsup: They were much needed today. God knew what I needed to hear today. It's exactly the spot I am in right now.

God is good!! :clap:

How about you?

Misserable
I am loosing my wife, she wants a divorce one minute, threatens a divorce the next We have only been married 9 months. I just have not been able to meet her needs please pray for us.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
✟15,225.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Misserable
I am loosing my wife, she wants a divorce one minute, threatens a divorce the next We have only been married 9 months. I just have not been able to meet her needs please pray for us.

Sometimes it takes time to learn to live with another person. There is a period of adjustment. Hopefully she can hang in there and make it through. Praying for you two!

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
✟15,225.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Are you able to move around or are do you just have to sleep a lot?

You're not rambling at all. This is what this thread is for. Keep going! I hope you find it helpful.

I'm all better now except for clogged ear with some ringing, feels like my ear needs to pop, and a little cough. My eye is almost all better too!

It feels like rambling as I write for like 45 minute, but I read back and it's only like 4 sentences. I need Siri so I can just talk instead of type!

I think sometimes people think after something like this happens, the person wants to be left alone. I find the opposite is true. We're wishing people came! ^_^

How are you all?
Loved Sparrow

I can't imagine all you two have been through, but we are with you in spirit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 29, 2011
✟15,225.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I prayed to God for purpose in my life the year before this happened, and boom!! Be careful what you pray for! ... ^_^

How about you guys?

Hahaha! :D
(sorry, I laugh the old fashioned way)

We're all doing much, much better, just little coughs here and there. Thanks for asking. :)

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hahaha! :D
(sorry, I laugh the old fashioned way)

We're all doing much, much better, just little coughs here and there. Thanks for asking. :)

Sure! I'm glad you're better. Flu's and colds have a way of knocking us. But I got to say sometimes the rest is nice. Sometimes I feel with me God is saying, "SLOW DOWN, WOULD YOU?!" ^_^

We don't normally have them til spring. A lot of my friends/family are complaining that their allergies are flaring up a lot.

Feel better soon! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Misserable

I'm sorry, friend. How are things going?

I don't want to throw another 'fix' to you, or if you're already on here, but Christian Forums here has a thread for such issues. You may find some help or understanding here. http://www.christianforums.com/f610/ I don't feel qualified to give advice, as I've only been married for less than 2 years. Praying for you, though. :crossrc:

Last edited:
Upvote 0