• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
with what is going on with Covid-19 at the moment it be a while i until i can get to church . can watch them online which is great but i was hoping to get there at some point my Husband was going to let me this weekend as well :sigh:

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
with what is going on with Covid-19 at the moment it be a while i until i can get to church . can watch them online which is great but i was hoping to get there at some point my Husband was going to let me this weekend as well :sigh:
Have you checked out any other forums on CF?

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes i post in a few of them but i am not a big poster , been here for a while , i sometimes post about my OCD and mental health i was away for two years but i came back ,
Besides church how are things going?

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
A side from church , i am OK most of the time at the moment, tomorrow I see my support worker for two hours then i see her on Friday , for another two hours, she is here, so my husband can take a break from me and i can talk to her about my mental health, I was going to ask for more hours with her as id like to do something with her than just going for a coffee every time (my support started just at the start of covid lockdowns in the uk) the only place nearby is a shop and coffee place.

Reactions: IWalkAlone
Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A side from church , i am OK most of the time at the moment, tomorrow I see my support worker for two hours then i see her on Friday , for another two hours, she is here, so my husband can take a break from me and i can talk to her about my mental health, I was going to ask for more hours with her as id like to do something with her than just going for a coffee every time (my support started just at the start of covid lockdowns in the uk) the only place nearby is a shop and coffee place.
Its good to hear you are well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
feeling alone again my husband is athist he doesnt really understand about needing fellowship with other Christians , i use to have Christian friends but i had to step away from them as they where LGBT i though i was , but am not , am just was confused now am a new /renewed Christian Born Again And i know little about the bible as i was old not to read because of my OCD i did tried to but i always seemed to worry about if i will go to heaven or hell , something that makes me really upset about it as i used to think i was evil now i dont feel that I feel i am fully following Jesus now

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That in about an hour, it will be yet another year of the same misery.

I can't take another year of this.

Hi Meliora,

I know it can be hard, my life has been a constant struggle for many years and it's only through God's power that I have survived this far. I do manage to hang onto hope despite my hardships, it has been a trying time for me, but through it I have grown & matured and I so appreciate that. Suffering can refine us into pure gold if we let it.

Try not to think too far ahead Meliora, you have to learn to take things one day at a time - like I do, otherwise you will get overwhelmed and pray everyday, pray for wisdom, pray for spiritual growth, pray for forgiveness & love, pray that you move forwards spiritually and that you grow from your circumstances so that you get something out of your struggles and are not left empty in your life. Seek out God through his scriptures and be nourished in your heart so that he may carry you through your life.

I wish I could change your circumstances Meliora, but I don't have that power, but I can offer you understanding and a kind word of support. I pray that God will guide you through this misery you are going through and I pray things will change in your life for the better. God be with you!

Yours truly,

Victor.

Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0