• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Ironically I think I've lost a couple pounds since, lol.
However the weight usually bounces back.
I remember watching a Bill Nye the Science guy on the topic of weight. He had some health experts and then contestants from biggest loser (some old show i know). Anyways the health experts said that whatever weight you naturally are at when eating regular meals (obv not mcdonald's every day but also not 5 pieces of lettuce either) then that is your healthy weight. That being said exercise can't hurt but even with that you will begin to plateau around a certain weight. I would worry too much about what you weigh

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Dealing with some seasonal depression. I get this nearly every year in December. It might be due to a lack of sunlight as I live in MN. It's not nearly as bad as a place like Sweden or Alaska, but it's only light out for about 10 hours a day here. From 5 PM to about 7 AM it is dark. It doesn't help that I don't usually get up until the crack of noon. So I really only have about 5 hours of sunlight. I was taking vitamin D and I thought it was helping until I started getting depressed even with taking it every day.

I guess I just feel down, unmotivated, numb, sad. All those things that come with depression.

• Prayers
Reactions: Brad D.
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Dealing with some seasonal depression. I get this nearly every year in December. It might be due to a lack of sunlight as I live in MN. It's not nearly as bad as a place like Sweden or Alaska, but it's only light out for about 10 hours a day here. From 5 PM to about 7 AM it is dark. It doesn't help that I don't usually get up until the crack of noon. So I really only have about 5 hours of sunlight. I was taking vitamin D and I thought it was helping until I started getting depressed even with taking it every day.

I guess I just feel down, unmotivated, numb, sad. All those things that come with depression.
i'm sorry man, just know i am here for you and Jesus is with you always, in the midst of the sadness. been feeling sad my self for financial reasons and feeling inadequate as a husband struggling with mental illness and not feeling like i can provide. i'm sorry i will sit here with you

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1672664670866.png

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not good.
I thought things would change.
I can't control it.
I feel powerless
I feel miserable
It's not getting better
I am stuck
People can't help.
God won't help
I want to cry
It won't get better
It won't change
I failed.
I am a failure
I lost.
I am a loser
I'm tired of pretending everything's okay.
I can't change it.
No one can help
I am not good enough
I feel like crying
I lost
I want things to change
It'll never get better

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel terrible.
It never changes.
I am so frustrated
I’m not good enough.
I will never be good enough.
I hate all of this.
Things never change
It never gets better
I feel like a loser.
I lost.
I feel like a failure.
I failed.
I'm a failure.
I feel miserable
I can't see it getting better
I feel defeated
I feel so miserable

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Today is awful
I feel like crying.
I want to cry.
It never changed.
It won’t change.
It didn’t change.
I can’t fix it.
I couldn’t fix it.
It never changes.
It never got better.
I lost.
I failed.
I’m a loser.
I’m a failure.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is really bad.

I don't think I've eaten for a few days now. Just nothing sounds good.

Everything seems fake. Everything I was told was a lie. Everything I believed in was a lie. Everything I was taught was a lie. I feel betrayed.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The world is quiet here

God is so good & has been so good to me. God is always patient & loving. Nothing is a surprise to him. "morning by morning new mercies I see, all I hath needed thy hath provided."

I need to be patient

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 1 is so depressing

The world is quiet here

God is so good & has been so good to me. God is always patient & loving. Nothing is a surprise to him. "morning by morning new mercies I see, all I hath needed thy hath provided."

I need to be patient
?

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you guys struggle with depression? Do you think you were born with it & just have a depressed spirit? Was it learned over time? Did things not work out? I have been feeling down the past week, but isn't it amazing what this can do for our testimony?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0