• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sad & a loser. If you lose, by definition you are a loser. It never changes. It never gets better.

sorry you are feeling that way. life can be not great sometimes for sure! but you are not a loser! maybe you have a purpose you just havent found yet - who knows what is around the corner! try not to believe the lies of the enemy that he will be using to try to bring you down and keep you down. you are worth way more than that!

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sick of people doubting my abilities. I've always been easily dismissed by others because of my appearance and my speech disability, people treat me like I'm stupid. I've had it all my adult life. I always open my self up to people to take advantage of me and can never make any actual friends. Last year my new year's resolution was to cut people out my life because all's they did was use me and take advantage and talk down to me or treat me like I'm a child and stole from me. I don't need that in my life. I'm sick of trying and now I just want to be on my own that way I don't have to deal with people. Alls it brings me is problems. I've been a lot happier on my own. Even the people who I met in church started taking to me like I was a child although not to be horrible but because they genuinely thought I was a bit simple. That is me done.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sad & a loser. If you lose, by definition you are a loser. It never changes. It never gets better.
I would suggest to look at the things you have got and the things you have achieved rather than what you have failed at because you'll find there is always somebody else somewhere out there who did much worse like for example some people are homeless with nothing at all. Sometimes we are made to feel that life is a competition.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I thought that going back to my old depression meds would make me better off since that med didn't make me a zombie and helped my depression better than other depression meds, but it doesn't seem to be working like it did before, and I'm so fatigued that it has caused me to miss church for a full month, let alone a very important holy day of obligation this year, and it breaks my heart. I wanted this med to work like it did the last time and I'm worried it's not. I'm really let down by what I thought would be a successful reinstatement of my med. I feel some of my old depression and it's not fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe finding a hobby could help with depression, keep your mind occupied doing creative things? there are many fantastic things people can be doing which can be very enjoyable such as treasure hunting, arts and crafts old computers etc...

• Agree
Reactions: Susie~Q
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been feeling used and unappreciated and made to feel like I've done something wrong after helping get a computer back up and running at a center which was very slow because its over a decade old running Windows 7. I then get emailed an hour later by the manager who asked me to come back immediately because the computer crashed and I got the blame for it and nobody wanted to listen to me or acknowledge what I had to say about the fact that the computer is old and only has 2GB of RAM plus its running Windows 7 which Microsoft ended support for long ago and somehow its all my fault because I helped to get it running as somebody couldn't get online. I do something good then I'm made to feel like a criminal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cn.ssl-images-amazon.cn%2Fimages%2FI%2F71KhjxlgoWL._AC_SY879_.jpg&refer=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-cn.ssl-images-amazon.cn&app=2002&size=f9999,10000&q=a80&n=0&g=0n&fmt=auto

• Friendly
Reactions: Mia Asa
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I thought that going back to my old depression meds would make me better off since that med didn't make me a zombie and helped my depression better than other depression meds, but it doesn't seem to be working like it did before, and I'm so fatigued that it has caused me to miss church for a full month, let alone a very important holy day of obligation this year, and it breaks my heart. I wanted this med to work like it did the last time and I'm worried it's not. I'm really let down by what I thought would be a successful reinstatement of my med. I feel some of my old depression and it's not fun.
I think that I'm finally getting out of that awful feeling. It took 10 weeks and I finally feel similar to how I did when I was on this med before. I was worried that reinstatement would be unsuccessful. I admit that I tend to "worry" more when I'm on this med, but it's not anxiety.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Worry can leave the door open and make you feel uncomfortable. When I worry my mind really acts up and it wears me down. When my mind is wrapped up in Jesus I don’t go there so much, I sleep better and I have energy to feel good. Please don’t worry, I’m sorry, it makes you suffer. Please read you Bible and be uplifted from you every day life. Humble yourself to Him and He will lift you up. God is good , He does help.

Today I feel like I want to do something in my hobby. Casting. But I don’t know. Spiritually I feel that I need to pray about if I should retire from part time ministry. I over state. I like writing and I feel more effective now but every Tuesday I get under attack. I listen to the lies of the adversary and it brings me down. When I go ahead and do it I feel better and useful. For twenty years God has helped me fight this battle and His Will prevails and it is good. But the battle remains.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think this comment belongs here but I'm feeling guilty because I just ate some food that was over 55 grams of fat and I hope I don't gain weight now.
Don't focus on the slip ups focus on the main goal, the big picture, you'll see past the bumps in the road like today and realize you're still in the race

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Don't focus on the slip ups focus on the main goal, the big picture, you'll see past the bumps in the road like today and realize you're still in the race
Ironically I think I've lost a couple pounds since, lol.
However the weight usually bounces back.

Upvote 0