• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jeshu had been doing well - but he presently has Covid. Please say extra prayers for his quick and complete recovery. Yvonne had a bad case and now he's fighting it. I know your prayers will be heard louder than many - and how much he keeps you all in his heart and thoughts.

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How good here is a good League (Union) formed by weaker members. Weaker produces Truer、Stronger and more Friendly. Amazing work of Christ.

Greetings to everyone here.:wave:
Hi - I have sent you a pm - please check your inbox.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was doing really good but now I feel terrible again. So many negative thoughts the past couple days. I’ll never be good enough. :(
I feel like a failure.
I am a failure.
It never changes
What if you are not good enough :(

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,369.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was doing really good but now I feel terrible again. So many negative thoughts the past couple days. I’ll never be good enough. :(
I feel like a failure.
I am a failure.
It never changes
What if you are not good enough :(

I sincerely hope this is encouraging as I have been feeling similar but there is that verse that says God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.... that is all things even our failures God is working together for good so we dont have to be perfect.
you are an amazing creation of God. God loves you very much.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It never changes.
It hasn't changed since middle school.
I'm not good enough.
I hate all of this.
I am sad
What if you are not good enough?
It's too hard for me

I sincerely hope this is encouraging as I have been feeling similar but there is that verse that says God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.... that is all things even our failures God is working together for good so we dont have to be perfect.
you are an amazing creation of God. God loves you very much.
I'm not sure you understand. This is due to a situation & not "just b/c" like I know how some people are affected by sadness.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,369.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It never changes.
It hasn't changed since middle school.
I'm not good enough.
I hate all of this.
I am sad
What if you are not good enough?
It's too hard for me

I'm not sure you understand. This is due to a situation & not "just b/c" like I know how some people are affected by sadness.

ok sorry. i have had depression at different levels for 30+years. I didnt mean to say something unhelpful to you. it was posted with intent to try and help as that had helped me.
hope someone can say something that does help you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Said a prayer for all of you. Remember you are God's children, fearfully and wonderfully made, fully known and dearly beloved by Him.

And also, yes, it's hot. I was never a summer guy. Winter is good. Winter is the best. Snow, ice and darkness all the way baby.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟783,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Two days after my appointment with my medical provider in which we had a good appointment and came to a conclusion that my meds were doing well for anxiety and for my PMS depression, well, my PMS hits and the medication seems to have stopped working for the PMS depression part :(

It's not my imagination either - I know what that "old" depressive feeling was like and boy is it ever lousy.

There's also a chance that I might have to eat fast food in the car alone on Saturday, before I get some groceries but after Saturday's Vigil Mass. Eating fast food alone in the parking lot has always been a trigger for me, meds or not. I try to avoid doing this precisely for this reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Two days after my appointment with my medical provider in which we had a good appointment and came to a conclusion that my meds were doing well for anxiety and for my PMS depression, well, my PMS hits and the medication seems to have stopped working for the PMS depression part :(

It's not my imagination either - I know what that "old" depressive feeling was like and boy is it ever lousy.

There's also a chance that I might have to eat fast food in the car alone on Saturday, before I get some groceries but after Saturday's Vigil Mass. Eating fast food alone in the parking lot has always been a trigger for me, meds or not. I try to avoid doing this precisely for this reason.

Oh Lady Bug, I so hope you are able to sort your medication out to keep the depression away, I know it's terrible when the depression hits you and you lose all normal mental functions. It's a hard struggle for you and may God help you with this and give you peace.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟783,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh Lady Bug, I so hope you are able to sort your medication out to keep the depression away, I know it's terrible when the depression hits you and your brain ceases to function at all. It's a hard struggle for you and may God help you with this and give you peace.
I hope so too. I'm on 15 mg out of 20 mg of my medication and my depression attack was bad enough such that I don't think a mere 5 mg bump is going to cut it, but I think for formality's sake, I might have my medical provider do this. I was shocked to see the depression symptoms ambush me like that.

The worst thing is that when the depression hit, I got some very strong maternal feelings, feelings that I thought I had under control for some time, feeling that were making me feel like life wasn't worth living - that special emptiness.

In the past such depression dissipated on the 5th day - and although I sense that happening, I'm not sure it's over yet.

I also am not happy with church. I enjoy the services, but I don't like how it feels afterward when everyone is leaving and I leave by myself. It's very painful.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟783,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh Lady Bug, I so hope you are able to sort your medication out to keep the depression away, I know it's terrible when the depression hits you and you lose all normal mental functions. It's a hard struggle for you and may God help you with this and give you peace.
Ugh, my provider wants me to wait for one more cycle to hit and see how I feel again. That's not going to be fun at all. I'm sure I need the 20 mg, but maybe it looks to my provider like I'm jumping to conclusions.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The worst thing is that when the depression hit, I got some very strong maternal feelings, feelings that I thought I had under control for some time, feeling that were making me feel like life wasn't worth living - that special emptiness.

In the past such depression dissipated on the 5th day - and although I sense that happening, I'm not sure it's over yet.

I also am not happy with church. I enjoy the services, but I don't like how it feels afterward when everyone is leaving and I leave by myself. It's very painful.
Hi LadyBug,

It is terrible when you get those feelings that life isn't worth living, I used to get like that too, but over the years I have found healing and I am a lot happier and at peace now than I have ever been. God gave me the strength to face the darkness and live through it. I hope these terrible thoughts & feelings don't overwhelm you LadyBug and I do hope you also find healing one day so you can have joy in your life. I think the best strategy is take it one day at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Jesus said let the days worries be enough for you and let tomorrow look after itself (Matthew 6:34). I'm praying those meds help you LadyBug.

Yes, it can be a very lonely and empty experience leaving church by yourself. It would be great for you to have some good rock solid friends as it's hard going through life by yourself and we need the love & support of good friends to get us through our struggles. Next time stay behind after the service and pray by yourself somewhere in the church as I find loneliness is the best time to reach out to God so that he provides for your needs. May God bring good people into your life LadyBug!

God bless you LadyBug and may you experience his love & goodness in your life so that your heart is satisfied.

Yours truly,

Victor.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13).

Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ugh, my provider wants me to wait for one more cycle to hit and see how I feel again. That's not going to be fun at all. I'm sure I need the 20 mg, but maybe it looks to my provider like I'm jumping to conclusions.
You could be jumping to conclusions LadyBug, it's easy to do under such circumstances. Have patients and see how it goes, I know it's hard, but it might be better in the long run. God be with you through those dark days and remember to pray always LadyBug as you are strengthened by prayer even though it might seem like it's useless praying. I also hope that you are able to read your Bible too LadyBug especially the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John so that your heart & soul are nourished by God's word which is his righteousness. :pray:

(((((HUGS)))))) your way in the name of Christ Jesus. :hug:

Upvote 0