• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
one of those days where I have been constantly refreshing my CF screen to see if any Alerts pop up that pertain to me...I must be bored. :(

i know. Isn't it quiet at the forums? No one is depressed any more since Covid began it seems. i visit the forums a lot less as well.

i've been busy scripting code to make my desktop recorder work properly and easily for when the kids want to record themselves playing games. i got three gaming computers to keep 8+ grand children happy. They faithfully take turns, but the older kids get the most time on the computers. Most little ones are happy to watch the older ones play the games they want to play but can't yet. This new self recording system is bound to be popular for a bit, especially in when they link up a game, they can each record their own achievements to laugh and boast about.

i have been doing much better. Still down time but not near as dark and deep than it has been.

i hope you are doing okay?

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember you; I thought you would never come back here. It's really nice to see you here again.

Hi Lady Bug - So good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well - you were having so much difficulty with your meds. Has that been solved? And how have you survived this past year?

It's been an insane one indeed - not just the virus, but the world in general. I had to stop focusing on external issues and retreat and regroup. Many changes occurred - went through a bad spell with depression/anxiety - and then several 'miracles' happened [or were sent]. I'll be moving from Florida to the Georgia Blue Ridge mountains soon - looking forward to getting away from the 'madding crowd.' The beauty is, I learned to count more on God and less on myself these past months, and found I live just fine without the frenzy of this world and with Him directing my paths.

God's blessings your way, and give an update if you can.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still feeling much better than i have been. The niacin is sure making a difference in my life. Back up to 1000 mg, not sure if i can tolerate more, or need more than that.

Still have real tired spells not sure where i'm getting them from. Or if my energy will be restored. i might have to increase Vitamin B5 and B6, they are for vitality they say.

How is everyone else going?

• Prayers
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Lady Bug - So good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well - you were having so much difficulty with your meds. Has that been solved? And how have you survived this past year?

It's been an insane one indeed - not just the virus, but the world in general. I had to stop focusing on external issues and retreat and regroup. Many changes occurred - went through a bad spell with depression/anxiety - and then several 'miracles' happened [or were sent]. I'll be moving from Florida to the Georgia Blue Ridge mountains soon - looking forward to getting away from the 'madding crowd.' The beauty is, I learned to count more on God and less on myself these past months, and found I live just fine without the frenzy of this world and with Him directing my paths.

God's blessings your way, and give an update if you can.
Hi Vieste, I don't know if you're around, and somehow this thread gets replies without notifying me sometimes. For the most part, I've settled on a medication, Cymbalta. I've been on it for at least six months. I think it does a pretty good job stabilizing my depression, but it makes me feel tired all the time. I can't decide if that's a dealbreaker or not. I don't really have any discernable side effects but I suspect it's starting to make me gain weight, so I have to be careful. I'm not sure I'll be on this particular medication indefinitely, but it supersedes the previous two medications I was on before. When my Mama died, it helped my emotions stay under control (even though I did cry for a week or so). Every time I have PMS, I feel a little more depressed during that time, but it doesn't come close to how I felt without the medication. My medication is crucial for managing emotions during that time of the month.

I wish I had more to say at the moment; my life is stagnant and boring. :|

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Vieste, I don't know if you're around, and somehow this thread gets replies without notifying me sometimes. For the most part, I've settled on a medication, Cymbalta. I've been on it for at least six months. I think it does a pretty good job stabilizing my depression, but it makes me feel tired all the time. I can't decide if that's a dealbreaker or not. I don't really have any discernable side effects but I suspect it's starting to make me gain weight, so I have to be careful. I'm not sure I'll be on this particular medication indefinitely, but it supersedes the previous two medications I was on before. When my Mama died, it helped my emotions stay under control (even though I did cry for a week or so). Every time I have PMS, I feel a little more depressed during that time, but it doesn't come close to how I felt without the medication. My medication is crucial for managing emotions during that time of the month.

I wish I had more to say at the moment; my life is stagnant and boring. :|

Hi - Sometimes stagnant and boring can be good if we use it for reflection and gaining new insight. I wish I had known that in days gone by when I wasted so many hours being anxious and worried about everything that never happened. Now I enjoy my quiet, unproductive time. Some of the benefits of being old.

So glad your meds are working better for you. It sounds like you're on a more even path. I took Effexor for 10 years and the combination of serotonin and norepinephrine worked. I recently took Lexapro and had too many side effects and no good results. So I only rely on something as needed for anxiety. Depression has improved due to some life changes this past year - I got out of my own way and let God take over. Be good to yourself and never forget that He is in control. That takes such a weight off of us if we just trust in Him and wait for His direction..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟94,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i'm feel much encouraged after almost a week of little or no depression. After i began taking the niacin i picked up a lot.

Thanking God for His mercies.
That truly is amazing Jeshu and I hope you continue to improve.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not a good morning today. Nothing I try works. I try so hard & make zero progress. Nothing changes. I hate this so much. I want to cry.

When nothing works and you cannot do anything yourself - let Jesus do it for you. His righteousness to cover your lack thereof.

Dress yourself with God's promises, delight in His loving mercy in your life and thank Him for His mercies.

Consider sowing love, faith and hope and you will harvest a better life at the end. So let go of that bad life hurting you so bad. Don't feed it! i know you have to suffer it, but take it to Christ to undo. The more you bring your inability to Christ the more He will give you ability back in return.

Become stronger than your pain by letting Christ strengthen you.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady Bug

Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been wondering why on earth I have unexplained drowsiness, brain fog, and depression lately and I think it's the fish oil after all; I've been doing some searching on this. Yesterday, about a half hour after taking fish oil, I got drowsy and wanted to sleep and I was in a brain fog all day long and it was terrible. I thought for the longest time it could be my meds, maybe not. I have to stop the fish oil for a few days to see if I'm onto something.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been wondering why on earth I have unexplained drowsiness, brain fog, and depression lately and I think it's the fish oil after all; I've been doing some searching on this. Yesterday, about a half hour after taking fish oil, I got drowsy and wanted to sleep and I was in a brain fog all day long and it was terrible. I thought for the longest time it could be my meds, maybe not. I have to stop the fish oil for a few days to see if I'm onto something.

i had one of my psych meds interacting with fish oil and became so unwell that i needed to be hospitalised. i lost consciousness for a considerable amount of time. i have never taken fish oil again together with psych meds it was a bad experience. So yes do check if it is from the fish oil, it could well be.

• Informative
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i had one of my psych meds interacting with fish oil and became so unwell that i needed to be hospitalised. i lost consciousness for a considerable amount of time. i have never taken fish oil again together with psych meds it was a bad experience. So yes do check if it is from the fish oil, it could well be.
Wow. So it's not just me. I also think my multivitamin was messing with me as well. I can't prove it but I suspect it.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. So it's not just me. I also think my multivitamin was messing with me as well. I can't prove it but I suspect it.

i find that most multi vitamins are fine. They only use small average dosages of all the vitamins combined, it is when you take high amounts of vitamins that you can well begin to run into troubles.

For years i did fine on 2000mg of niacin but now just 250mg makes me nauseated, yet the benefit outweighs the trouble - much less depressed times. i need it but my liver bulks at it at the same time. Cutting the dosage in half and taking it twice a day helps as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That truly is amazing Jeshu and I hope you continue to improve.

Things have really improved brother. Even though i still cycle and get down time, it is nowhere near as deep as before. The only problem is i get nauseated from niacin at times which is not so nice. i already take the slow release formula.

Nevertheless life has become bearable again. Just to proof that supplementing can indeed make a world of difference. i remember have real benefit from vitamin D3 as well.

How is life treating you brother? Still often depressed? Or finding better times?

i hope this finds you well.:wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Things have really improved brother. Even though i still cycle and get down time, it is nowhere near as deep as before. The only problem is i get nauseated from niacin at times which is not so nice. i already take the slow release formula.

Nevertheless life has become bearable again. Just to proof that supplementing can indeed make a world of difference. i remember have real benefit from vitamin D3 as well.

How is life treating you brother? Still often depressed? Or finding better times?

Oops - lost my first post. Will try again ... I'm so glad you've found the benefits of supplements. I've been researching the results of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin deficiencies and have found that the suggested supplements do make a difference. I now take Vit D3, ginkgo, probiotics, some fish oil, magnesium, etc. and the results are good. I tried niacin once and got very flushed and now take Vit B3 instead. It's all a matter of trying small amounts and seeing what and how your body chemistry reacts [like drinking scotch]. It does make a difference and 'bearable' to me, many times, is great progress.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟94,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hi Jeshu,

So good to hear from you. I'm not too bad, though I'm struggling with anxiety lately. It can be frightening when it strikes and I immerse myself in prayer to find relief. The evil one is always trying to fill with doubt & fear.

It's very cold up here in Perth.

God bless you!

Victor.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jeshu,

So good to hear from you. I'm not too bad, though I'm struggling with anxiety lately. It can be frightening when it strikes and I immerse myself in prayer to find relief. The evil one is always trying to fill with doubt & fear.

It's very cold up here in Perth.

God bless you!

Victor.

Anxiety is a hard enemy to battle. i haven't lately, but i have plenty in the past. Is there something contributing to the fears? i do know that fear can come even when we are not frightened as such. A couple of years ago i got it really bad, that was because i was taking too much 5-htp at the time.

Are you still on medication? Do you have anything that helps you fight your fears? i found putting on Psalm 27 and 91 of the Sons of Korah, or 'anxious for nothing', from Sherri Youngward, help me fight panic attacks. It helps me to hold onto Jesus to listen to the word being sung to me.

i found that Jesus can help us overcome our fears by teaching us to stay in His truth, however that does not mean fear goes away. When anxiety is caused by illness it can pester us for life.

(It has been cold down here in Albany as well but today the sun was shinning at least.)

i hope this song will help settle you down:hug:

Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟94,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anxiety is a hard enemy to battle. i haven't lately, but i have plenty in the past. Is there something contributing to the fears? i do know that fear can come even when we are not frightened as such. A couple of years ago i got it really bad, that was because i was taking too much 5-htp at the time.

Are you still on medication? Do you have anything that helps you fight your fears? i found putting on Psalm 27 and 91 of the Sons of Korah, or 'anxious for nothing', from Sherri Youngward, help me fight panic attacks. It helps me to hold onto Jesus to listen to the word being sung to me.

i found that Jesus can help us overcome our fears by teaching us to stay in His truth, however that does not mean fear goes away. When anxiety is caused by illness it can pester us for life.

(It has been cold down here in Albany as well but today the sun was shinning at least.)

i hope this song will help settle you down:hug:

Thank you Jeshu.

What triggered my anxiety is that I'm living in a rental property and was told by the owner that he is going to sell the property so that set off my anxiety in a big way. All the fears and irrational thoughts flooded my mind with negative things. When I get like that I turn to God and pray constantly for relief & comfort. I yearn for God's love & presence in my life as that would still the most violent storm. I'm still struggling with anxiety, but not as bad.

No, I am not on medication as I have a sensitivity to chemicals that it would make my situation worse.

Keep well and warm,

Victor. :pray:

Upvote 0