• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. I want to cry. I feel so broken. It's so hopeless
Oh dragon I’m sorry to see you in pain. Share as much as you would like with us or with me in a pm. Whichever you are good with.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
done. same thing as usual.

Praying you can take the baggage to Christ, for Him to carry instead of you. i found that often time i took my bad life to Jesus He would not only take the burden from me but show me how such baggage came about in the first place and how to prevent that from happening again. 9 times out of 10 it was because i did not love God, or myself or my neighbour.

i found that guilt was a big contributor to my pain, until Jesus explain to me that He bore my guilt, so why was i carrying so much guilt? i then realised that i did not have faith in my guilty self but thought Jesus would hate me because of what i had all done. It was then that i saw i had believed those lies about my self in sin all that time and i had not brought my pain to Jesus to take care off but carried the full burden of my sin myself for i had no faith in Jesus in that part of my life. It was then that i began to learn to go to Jesus with my bad life and not to eat the fruit thereof but rather eat God's grace.

Often time we have done it wrong for a long time and that is why it can take awhile before we are 'emptied out' of our bad emotions. Think of your bad life as a big bag full of bad times that you are carrying on your shoulders. Each time you take a bad time to Jesus one less bad time is in the bag, until the bag is emptied out. It took seven years for Jesus to rebuild my psyche.

So try bringing your pain to Him,. Ask Him for long suffering and endurance. Simply let His loving truth keep the bad life at bay.

i found Isaiah 61 very useful giving me hope fighting my broken heartedness, hopelessness and despair.
i hope they encourage you as well.

Peace.

Isaiah 61:1-3
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.
"

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
However you are feeling right now, whatever your situation, bring it to God. He cares for you.
The Lord sees your pain, and with every tear that is shed, His tender heart is deeply moved with compassion and love - for you.
Allow yourself to be embraced by Him and experience His lavish mercy and grace. Allow yourself to be held close to his heart.
The Lord is head over heels in love with you. Know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made by Him. Know that you are his child and the apple of his eye.
Come to Him with simple trust. Tell Him what is on your heart. Your worries, your concerns, your hurts. He is listening and he cares for you.
Let go and let God. He will hold you, comfort you and console you. He will carry you.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
However you are feeling right now, whatever your situation, bring it to God. He cares for you.
The Lord sees your pain, and with every tear that is shed, His tender heart is deeply moved with compassion and love - for you.
Allow yourself to be embraced by Him and experience His lavish mercy and grace. Allow yourself to be held close to his heart.
The Lord is head over heels in love with you. Know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made by Him. Know that you are his child and the apple of his eye.
Come to Him with simple trust. Tell Him what is on your heart. Your worries, your concerns, your hurts. He is listening and he cares for you.
Let go and let God. He will hold you, comfort you and console you. He will carry you.
That was beautiful. I read it as a prayer. Thank you so much.

• Prayers
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
“I have called you by name, from the very beginning.
You are mine and I am yours.
You are my beloved, on you my favour rests.
I have moulded you in the depths of the earth and knitted you together in your mother’s womb.
I have carved you in the palms of my hands and hidden you in the shadow of my embrace.
I look at you with infinite tenderness
and care for you with a care more intimate than that of a mother for her child.
I have counted every hair on your head and guided you at every step.
Wherever you go, I go with you, and wherever you rest, I keep watch.
I will give you food that will satisfy all your hunger and drink that will quench all your thirst.
I will not hide my face from you.
You know me as your own and I know you as my own.
You belong to me."
(Fr Henri Nouwen)

• Prayers
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
“I have called you by name, from the very beginning.
You are mine and I am yours.
You are my beloved, on you my favour rests.
I have moulded you in the depths of the earth and knitted you together in your mother’s womb.
I have carved you in the palms of my hands and hidden you in the shadow of my embrace.
I look at you with infinite tenderness
and care for you with a care more intimate than that of a mother for her child.
I have counted every hair on your head and guided you at every step.
Wherever you go, I go with you, and wherever you rest, I keep watch.
I will give you food that will satisfy all your hunger and drink that will quench all your thirst.
I will not hide my face from you.
You know me as your own and I know you as my own.
You belong to me."
(Fr Henri Nouwen)
Again, beautiful. Thank you. I read it as a prayer.

I am really struggling this past week or so.

• Prayers
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Again, beautiful. Thank you. I read it as a prayer.

I am really struggling this past week or so.
Remember what the Lord said to Thomas "stop doubting and believe".
Take that leap of faith and trust that the Lord cares for you and wants to be with you, to console you and give you comfort in your difficulties. When we are feeling low or discouraged, it is a difficult step to take. Do it anyway.

Our Lord also asked Thomas to reach out and touch him. Like the father who held the prodigal son tightly in his arms; like the shepherd who carried the lost sheep home on his shoulders, our Lord allows himself to be touched by us. Our God is not remote or impersonal, he feels our emotions, our joys and sorrows, our frustration and despair. He is also the Lord who rejoices over us with all the company of heaven every time we turn to him and seek him.

Think of your most favourite hobby or past time and get involved with it. Even if you don't feel like doing it, give it a try. And when you are doing it, give thanks to the Lord for the wonderful gifts He has given you. He delights in you and wants to share every moment of your life with you. So get started today and know that the Lord will be rejoicing over you with songs of singing.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My appetite got the better of me and I attacked too much chocolate cake and I feel like I corrupted myself.

i hope it was a nice cake. Did you thank the Lord for the cake? Always cement a relationship with the Lord where you are weak so that He can grow you strong in those parts of yourself.

Who can accuse of something wrong when you thanked the Lord for it? The more grace you eat the more thankful you get, the more thankful you get the more you love Him. The more you love Him, the more self control you will get for that is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Peace.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was doing good the first half of the day, now I just feel so hopeless. The days are long & hard lately & by time evening rolls around, I'm exhausted. :(

It is about bringing yourself in your wrongs to Jesus. When you feel not good enough, don't agree with your depressive mood, but give it to Jesus and tell Him how you feel and why and ask Him to take the wrong/ bad away and replace it with His good.

Faith in God's love doesn't mind crawling through the dirt a worm because it knows that even worms are useful in God's kingdom.

Let God's loving truth guide your mind instead of your depressive feelings, God's word says you are a heir to the Kingdom of Christ and all things are possible for those who love the Lord.

Praying you will regain your good life from the Lord.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am seeing doctor tonight to let him know the paxil isn't working for anxiety, & I've been experiencing no motivation, thoughts of uselessness, worthlessness, wanting to cry, feel unloved, inadequacy, hopeleness, at least a week now.

Not sure the point tho. All the paxil did was mask the underlying problem

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am seeing doctor tonight to let him know the paxil isn't working for anxiety, & I've been experiencing no motivation, thoughts of uselessness, worthlessness, wanting to cry, feel unloved, inadequacy, hopeleness, at least a week now.

Not sure the point tho. All the paxil did was mask the underlying problem
Because it's only been a week or so, we decided to just give me mood booster pills & take those alongside the paxil for a month.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Got home from the doctor & have been singing my favorite Christian songs the past couple hours. I feel so broken, but it's giving me comfort. I know he's with me.

My problem is I don't always see the love & joy & acceptance of me from other people. I see people as cold & rejecting of me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it's only been a week or so, we decided to just give me mood booster pills & take those alongside the paxil for a month.

i hope that will do it. Keep us updated.

Praying the medications work for you.

Upvote 0