• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The sad truth of so many people in this world, most also hate themselves in the end, blaming others for it. Jesus has so incredible much better for us loving bad life away, don't you reckon?

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Good to see you coming past here brother. i hope you are well?

About feeling guilty. People are really good at making us feel guilty to do their bidding but that is satan's way, not God's work in us. Our Lord convicts us of wrong, has us repent, and then He brings the new, through the holy Spirit, to give us the ability to do it in love and through love.

Guilty however has nothing to do with Godly change, because we are saved and washed clean by the blood. So when you feel guilty about something go to Jesus and ask Him to take control of the situation you cannot take care of and let His loving truth wash you clean from feeling bad about it. Our Lord loves your parents as He loves you. He will work for the good of both of you and never make you feel guilty but fill you with His love to do the job.

Feeling guilty does not give you the tools to change, God's love does! So grow in love for God and you will also love your parents enough to do what God wills you to do, not what the norm requires from you.

You have to remember that you are mentally ill. It is already hard to take responsibility for yourself let alone for someone else. i don't think your father is fair asking you to give what you cannot give, only healthy children would have been able to provide for them as he wants. So do what you can do brother. And do it with love for God and your parents, but please don't feel guilty. For then Christ's blood is not washing you clean, but satan's lies will be polluting your inner being, and you will feel really bad and never be able to do anything good for your parents.

Hoping you will go to Christ with this and hand Him over your guilt and let Him wash you clean of feeling that and instead fill that part up with love for God and neighbour. For then you find His loving grace in your heart where now guilty as charged rules your mood.

Be blessed brother.:hug:
Dear brother,

Peace. I find I forget the Lord’s eternal kingdom when I feel bad, that is prepaired for all who love Him. Our weakness will pass, we will be healed completely. I am really bad in the relationship with my parents. I seldom do housework, I don’t have a good testimony. Several my father’s relatives had mental illness, so I hate my father for his heritage in some degree.I am cursed for my ancestor’s sins, E.G. pride and vain glory. let Him wash me clean of feeling that and instead fill that part up with love for God and neighbour. Especially in the argument it is hard to love my father. Once he said “it has nothing to do with you if I go to hell ”.

I feel good when I take part in the rehabilitation room. You are always kind and possitive, that improves the Lord is Real and His healing is real. Wish you a blessed day! :hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brother,

Peace. I find I forget the Lord’s eternal kingdom when I feel bad, that is prepaired for all who love Him. Our weakness will pass, we will be healed completely. I am really bad in the relationship with my parents. I seldom do housework, I don’t have a good testimony. Several my father’s relatives had mental illness, so I hate my father for his heritage in some degree.I am cursed for my ancestor’s sins, E.G. pride and vain glory. let Him wash me clean of feeling that and instead fill that part up with love for God and neighbour. Especially in the argument it is hard to love my father. Once he said “it has nothing to do with you if I go to hell ”.

I feel good when I take part in the rehabilitation room. You are always kind and possitive, that improves the Lord is Real and His healing is real. Wish you a blessed day! :hug:

My dear brother i feel for you hurting the sins of your father(s). i been through that as well. i struggled for years with the loveless prideful arrogance of my grandfather and had to disown all of that within myself as well. It is good to die to family sins, though i don't think mental illness comes from family sin, more physical defects caused by sin, past and present.

i hope you can forgive your father for being an unbeliever. Understand that satan has hardened his heart and he looks at God through religion and the actions of the Churches, which has often times been sinful, but he doesn't know God. All the things he believes about God are lies, so why worry about that? The truth will shine over His life one day as well and undo all the wrong living in his heart once and for all. He will not survive being an unbeliever when the truth begins to dawn.

So please don't argue with your dad about religion. Rather agree religion is no good, but point out how good faith in God's love is. Tell Him about the love of Jesus by being loving. Tell Him that God is love and love as examples of Him. This will convince your dad if nothing else can.

i once had a friend who loved the Lord whole heartedly. Her father was an atheist. She loved Him and did serves of love to him, especially on his death bed as he was dying from cancer. She did not debate religion any more, she loved her father with her religion. And so on his death bed this man came to Christ, for he said to his daughter you have convinced me all the things you say about God are true.

So ask Jesus to fill you with love for your dad and to love that atheist to death. It will be so much better than arguing with him.

Be of good courage.

With the Lord you can do it.:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The medical field is a joke and an utter lie. Second surgery, and a promise I won't be in any more pain + pressure to take medication I can't take.

I'm at the end of my rope and no doctor is listening to me, they all think there's easy solutions. Take this to help with the fact you can't walk because you're in awful pain, take this medication to offset the mania that medication gives you, take these pills to help the depression, and take all of these to make sure those symptoms don't kill you.

I'm done screaming for help. I'm in too much pain and I can't do this until "I'm at an acceptable" (never) age for the treatment I want.

My cousin nearly died in childbirth with the same condition and the doctor ho'd and hummed and protested, saying she might want a third, a fourth, a fifth. Even nearly dying isn't good enough.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The medical field is a joke and an utter lie. Second surgery, and a promise I won't be in any more pain + pressure to take medication I can't take.

I'm at the end of my rope and no doctor is listening to me, they all think there's easy solutions. Take this to help with the fact you can't walk because you're in awful pain, take this medication to offset the mania that medication gives you, take these pills to help the depression, and take all of these to make sure those symptoms don't kill you.

I'm done screaming for help. I'm in too much pain and I can't do this until "I'm at an acceptable" (never) age for the treatment I want.

My cousin nearly died in childbirth with the same condition and the doctor ho'd and hummed and protested, saying she might want a third, a fourth, a fifth. Even nearly dying isn't good enough.

Sad to hear you are doing so badly and that the pain is still so sever. i hope and pray you will find some kind of relief.

i agree with you the medical field is often a joke, at times they have a main symptom killer but rarely a cure.

Have you tried C.B.D oil and/or medical marijuana? i don't know what State you are in but in many American States you can get it from the shops now.

Also have a look at the heavy metals in your body. Mercury is often times used as tooth fillings by dentist but such fillings can make some people very sick. i have heard of amazing recoveries once those fillings were removed. Making me think maybe i should do a heavy metal test myself as i do have mercury fillings in some of my remaining teeth.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling okay today, a bit flat mood wise but that is all. i'm in pain though, the electricity went out, so i had to start the generator, which hadn't been going in ages, doing my back in lifting the heavy thing. i can hardly sit without much discomfort. Lets hope it will heal quickly. i hate sore backs.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Feeling okay today, a bit flat mood wise but that is all. i'm in pain though, the electricity went out, so i had to start the generator, which hadn't been going in ages, doing my back in lifting the heavy thing. i can hardly sit without much discomfort. Lets hope it will heal quickly. i hate sore backs.
You have to be careful lifting heavy weights Jeshu least you do yourself some serious back injuries. Make sure you do it the right way. Hope all else is alright with you.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I went to a 60th birthday on Saturday at a lovely location set in the Perth Hills. Many of my old schools friends where there. I came away feeling shaken and sadden at how proud & arrogant these people are. They are wealthy & successful in the world's eyes, but their hearts are dark. It makes me feel like a stranger in a foreign land.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to a 60th birthday on Saturday at a lovely location set in the Perth Hills. Many of my old schools friends where there. I came away feeling shaken and sadden at how proud & arrogant these people are. They are wealthy & successful in the world's eyes, but their hearts are dark. It makes me feel like a stranger in a foreign land.

Yes i know what you mean feeling like that. i often have as well. Yet how poor such people truly are! They have no treasures stored up in Heaven. They have missed the boat as far as their true meaning of existence is concerned. Truly such people are to be pitied. For their destruction is awaiting them.

While we, often bereft even of a sound mind, we live life with The Lord because we have learned to see that wealth and success mean nothing in God's kingdom but a God and neighbour loving heart means everything.

Would you trade your life with one of them Victor? Is life with the Lord not very much better? Let us be aliens on this earth, our true and final station is in and with Jesus Christ.

All praise to Him.

Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revybub

Just here to grow, learn, give council, love God
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟199,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just feeling over whelmed with the possible out comes of the election coming up. As well as some proposals going on in my state in regards to tracing that are alarming. Though they are idea's that have been around for a few years now. This year is certainly ramping up the possibilities and discussions of it

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just feeling over whelmed with the possible out comes of the election coming up. As well as some proposals going on in my state in regards to tracing that are alarming. Though they are idea's that have been around for a few years now. This year is certainly ramping up the possibilities and discussions of it

Yes this American election going to be a real statement. i understand why you would feel depressed about that. i often have to remind myself that Jesus is in control and that everything that happening will speed up His coming back, otherwise i would be depressed as well.

Please don't let this sinful word feed your heart and mind its poisons and make you depressed. Rather keep your eyes peeled on Jesus. Trust in Him and let His loving truth shape your heart and mind instead. It is a fallen world we are looking at.

:hug:

Reactions: revybub
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking of saying :bye: to CF again, but I'm really not liking this Walmart job enough for it to be the better thing to move onto from this site.
What makes you want to leave cf? I can tell you from experience that having a grunt job is somewhat soul-destroying. 13% of people love their job. The rest either do them because they are forced to or they straight up say they hate their job. I guess your position is kind of like a police officer's position, which would be pretty hard for various reasons. But it seems like there is more meaning in your position at least, unless you really enjoy working around people.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes you want to leave cf? I can tell you from experience that having a grunt job is somewhat soul-destroying. 13% of people love their job. The rest either do them because they are forced to or they straight up say they hate their job. I guess your position is kind of like a police officer's position, which would be pretty hard for various reasons. But it seems like there is more meaning in your position at least, unless you really enjoy working around people.

Hi Noxot good to see you around how has life been treating you lately?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Noxot good to see you around how has life been treating you lately?
Everyone in our house got Covid-19 very recently. I'm 34. my aunt is 34 and my grandma is old. By all accounts I'm unhealthy because I have a sedentary lifestyle and I have asthma. My muscles are literally turning into nothing now that I don't do physical labor. Covid barely did anything to me. Same for my aunt. My Grandma felt it more because she has diabetes and a little bit of asthma. She also doesn't do what she is supposed to do concerning her diabetes, she's addicted to Pepsi. She would doze off sometimes when she's sitting down. At one point she felt for a few days too nauseous to eat food which lowered her blood sugar pretty low. But for the most part we have all recovered. All of us take vitamins like vitamin D so it probably helped us a little bit since vitamin D deficiency is not good for covid. I'm sure that there would have been a chance that my grandma could have died from it. Comorbidities seem to be one of the major factors in how people die from it. As some on The Joe Rogan podcast have said, not many are talking about being healthy and exercising and excetera which is very important for people.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But I sure could tell that that virus is very capable of attacking multiple kinds of cells because I could feel it spread to various parts of myself. It was mostly in my lungs though. They should really be more careful with what viruses they accidentally or purposely release to the world. Due to the way the virus is, there is a high chance that it was altered by man. I think our dogs even got it a little bit but it didn't really affect them much.

In other news lab mice in America having abnormally long telomere. This will in some ways impact how certain drugs they test on them will affect them. it's very interesting that long telomeres are associated with cancer and yet short telomeres are associated with death. We creatures may not be able to live forever because of cancer.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone in our house got Covid-19 very recently. I'm 34. my aunt is 34 and my grandma is old. By all accounts I'm unhealthy because I have a sedentary lifestyle and I have asthma. My muscles are literally turning into nothing now that I don't do physical labor. Covid barely did anything to me. Same for my aunt. My Grandma felt it more because she has diabetes and a little bit of asthma. She also doesn't do what she is supposed to do concerning her diabetes, she's addicted to Pepsi. She would doze off sometimes when she's sitting down. At one point she felt for a few days too nauseous to eat food which lowered her blood sugar pretty low. But for the most part we have all recovered. All of us take vitamins like vitamin D so it probably helped us a little bit since vitamin D deficiency is not good for covid. I'm sure that there would have been a chance that my grandma could have died from it. Comorbidities seem to be one of the major factors in how people die from it. As some on The Joe Rogan podcast have said, not many are talking about being healthy and exercising and excetera which is very important for people.

My dear brother you are the first person i know who has had covid, and i know many of people, it doesn't seem near as deadly as they made it out to be. i'm glad you recovered and hope that you don't get it again. Here in Western Australia we still have lock down even though we have no cases since April, they have gone completely mad by the looks of it.

How is your state with regards to social violence? i hope it is not too bad and you dare to go out into the streets.

Glad to hear you are fine.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My dear brother you are the first person i know who has had covid, and i know many of people, it doesn't seem near as deadly as they made it out to be. i'm glad you recovered and hope that you don't get it again. Here in Western Australia we still have lock down even though we have no cases since April, they have gone completely mad by the looks of it.

How is your state with regards to social violence? i hope it is not too bad and you dare to go out into the streets.

Glad to hear you are fine.
Whoa I guess the people in power over there have a high disgust sensitivity, disgust sensitivity is related to tyranny but it also exists to protect us from all manners of plague. The number one killer of humans has been diseases so it's no wonder human beings react so strongly towards this virus.

I can tell you that this disease is highly contagious. I have literally shut myself up in the house since April 1st. And much of that time I shut myself up in my room. Still caught covid-19 though ;/

I try not to watch the news that much. There were protests here. There was a little bit of violence. A few bad apples ruin the barrel of apples or whatever. There is a kind fellow named David the good on YouTube. He and his family were living on an island. He is white and most of the people on that island are black. With covid-19 and then the protest some people started being more hostile to him and he left that country and came back to the United States. I hope people will realize that racism is certainly not as strong as it used to be in this country. It's no good to hate a person just because some people do something wrong. But I guess that's just part of our evolutionary biology.

It's the same old story over here. try to politicize everything to gain power. It's the same old tribal Warfare. Would you like swamp a or would you like swamp b? That's how I look at our leaders, but I hope they can do good in the world. Not everything is horrible. There is more good than bad in the world.

Good thing the plague isn't that powerful because who knows how crazy people would act if it was! But I get it, no one wants to lose loved ones.

There is another good guy on YouTube named Curtis that teaches people about swedenborg. The stress and worry is really getting to him. I saw him on a recent video and the guy lost some weight and I was thinking oh no he must be addicted to drugs, this is no good. But he made a video explaining the stress he's been experiencing over covid. Sad to see but I guess we all have our Kryptonite.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But I can definitely tell that the virus affected my lungs. I can still feel it. But I did hear that lungs can heal from that though it could even take a year. I was thinking I should go on a long walk to test my lungs out to see how winded I get.

I recently learned that there are many benefits to breathing through your nose rather than mouth. We get 20% more oxygen if we breath through our nose. If its hard to breath through your nose, it can adapt and it gets easier over time when you stick to it. Good breathing can even help with anxiety, so i definitely wanna improve my breathing. It's Nice to be around here again :)

Upvote 0