• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling a little tired. I was woke up at 4 am by a guy (who looks like Joe Dirt) racing through my neighborhood on a dirt bike. This is not the first time it's happened. Another time he woke me up at 1 am racing down the street during a thunderstorm. I think that guy is a few fries short of a happy meal!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling a little tired. I was woke up at 4 am by a guy (who looks like Joe Dirt) racing through my neighborhood on a dirt bike. This is not the first time it's happened. Another time he woke me up at 1 am racing down the street during a thunderstorm. I think that guy is a few fries short of a happy meal!

I hope you get some good quality sleep soon. It is a real pain when people make sport of our resting times, especially when we are depressed.

:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

anynmskr

Oct 16, 2019
Tennessee
✟4,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just, feeling, Disenfranchised, Grief, Over, Feeling,

And need encouragment to not get involved in unwanted, friendships, or relationships,

Just simply because i don't want to be alone. Or because i can't be in the kinds that i want.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just, feeling, Disenfranchised, Grief, Over, Feeling,

And need encouragment to not get involved in unwanted, friendships, or relationships,

Just simply because i don't want to be alone. Or because i can't be in the kinds that i want.

Praying that The Lord keep you safe and sound in His loving arms and comfort you in your distress.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm having the most severe apathy ever. Sometimes I feel alright, but it fluctuates and exchanges places with the apathy, and the latter is this insufferable "feeling" where you can't be interested in ANYTHING or focus on ANYTHING or give a flying fig about ANYTHING. It could be the meds, because even when I was not on meds it was never so much like this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm having the most severe apathy ever. Sometimes I feel alright, but it fluctuates and exchanges places with the apathy, and the latter is this insufferable "feeling" where you can't be interested in ANYTHING or focus on ANYTHING or give a flying fig about ANYTHING. It could be the meds, because even when I was not on meds it was never so much like this.

i hate that feeling a lot and i can imagine you are not enjoying it either. It could be your medicine it could also be where you are at in life. For a long time i felt like that because i couldn't be stuffed going on. It is like giving in before the battle starts.

Hoping it will go away soon.:hug:

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Keep in mind I am more sensitive than most people, so my reaction to this may not be typical.

I was returning something at the Department store. There was a rather long line but it was going fast enough anyway. I walked up to the end of the line and it turned out that the person in front of me went to high school with me. I was neither friends or enemies with her but we did know each other. I think she recognized me, and she smiled nicely at me, but then that was it, and proceeded to look at her phone again while in line. I have mixed feelings about this, because, while I am relieved that she didn't start talking to me (which would have made me "have" to talk about myself, which I didn't want to do at ALL), I also felt that by her doing this, it was a snub somehow, like I wasn't someone she was interested in saying hello to or even having a brief chat with. All those old feelings came back of feeling not liked enough in high school, or not important enough. I checked her FB page, she has 813 FB friends, so I don't exactly feel that great that she has so many FB friends (I understand that doesn't mean anything per se) but didn't at least say Hi to me (saying just Hi without anything else would have been OK by me). Sure, I could have said Hi, but as I said, by me saying Hi, I would have invited the "obligation" on my part to "talk about myself." I don't know, maybe she feels sheepish about herself too, but she seems to have a husband and children.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind I am more sensitive than most people, so my reaction to this may not be typical.

I was returning something at the Department store. There was a rather long line but it was going fast enough anyway. I walked up to the end of the line and it turned out that the person in front of me went to high school with me. I was neither friends or enemies with her but we did know each other. I think she recognized me, and she smiled nicely at me, but then that was it, and proceeded to look at her phone again while in line. I have mixed feelings about this, because, while I am relieved that she didn't start talking to me (which would have made me "have" to talk about myself, which I didn't want to do at ALL), I also felt that by her doing this, it was a snub somehow, like I wasn't someone she was interested in saying hello to or even having a brief chat with. All those old feelings came back of feeling not liked enough in high school, or not important enough. I checked her FB page, she has 813 FB friends, so I don't exactly feel that great that she has so many FB friends (I understand that doesn't mean anything per se) but didn't at least say Hi to me (saying just Hi without anything else would have been OK by me). Sure, I could have said Hi, but as I said, by me saying Hi, I would have invited the "obligation" on my part to "talk about myself." I don't know, maybe she feels sheepish about herself too, but she seems to have a husband and children.

Oh dear sister sometimes you make me smile. Really it was a missed opportunity for you had a change to befriend her, but it wasn't the opportune time, for you are depressed and far to self conscious to make small chat, let alone having to explain how you are feeling. Often time i go to Church and afterwards i walk out praying that nobody will talk to me because i'm to depressed about the sermon not to talk/rage about it if they ask. i'm great at greeting nicely and then ignoring them greeting someone else nicely instead, and so working myself through the crowd without ever committing myself to stand still and talk to someone about the service. So i understand a little where you are coming from.

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling convicted, to stick to my own convictions

Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

• Agree
Reactions: anynmskr
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think I'm going to have to withdraw from this med combo. I've determined it is a net negative. It is not mitigating my anxiety enough and it is increasing my sex drive too much. I'm also experiencing cognitive impairment and severe apathy like I've never had before. I've given this combo about 6 months of a chance, maybe longer. I just don't know how I'm going to deal with the withdrawal, and the alternative med my doctor brought up once seems to be an otherwise good suggestion, but it seems as if 99% of the people experience brain zaps if they are off their dose by an hour, or if they are withdrawing from the drug. Brain zaps are reportedly the feeling of a mini electrocution. How can I live like this? There are rare occasions where people do not feel much unpleasant withdrawal from this, but how can I be sure I'll be the rare one?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've determined it is a net negative.

Sorry to hear that Lady Bug that is a real bummer you choose the medicines so carefully hoping the would help you but now it seems that it has not been worth it.

Withdrawing is best done by shaving your tablets, the slower you wean off the less problems with withdrawal you get. Not quarter, half, or worse a whole tablet at the time, but just crumbs at the time, making the crumbs bigger each day until the tablet is basically gone. Lets hope your depression is not going to fire up. Have you got a back up plan?

Upvote 0

KateforChrist

Koalas are NOT bears
Nov 18, 2019
Sydney
✟19,873.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Lady Bug,

Just wanted to let you know about an excellent support website which provides suggestions and support for psychiatric drug withdrawal.

www.survivingantidepressants.org

The site owner has experienced withdrawal herself and has done a lot of research about how to get off psychiatric drugs following a harm reduction method. Her story is here.

Upvote 0