• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some places on CF are freaking terrible...If it weren't for this subforum and another one I'm at, I would tell people to stay away, the rudeness astounds me :|

Yes i agree rudeness seems to be the popular way nowadays. Try and stay kind, loving and forgiving and let them not get to you by staying away from those places they visit if at all possible. At least that is what i try and do.

The number of people visiting forums is becoming less and less popular maybe rudeness has something to do with that. i know of a lot of people who left C.F because of the type of posters it attracts. The enemy trying to undermine our Christian efforts? That could easily be true i reckon.

Stay safe.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The movie, No Safe Spaces, is out in theaters. I'll be interested in watching it once it comes out as rental. It's about the college student situation where they expect college to be like a daycare center. These are young people who grew up on social media. There's a Joe Rogan podcast featuring Jonathan Haidt that provides great insight into this.

Which leads me to my question: Which is worse?

A) Being born with social and emotional handicaps but worked your tail off to achieve a level of relative normalcy.

B) Being born with no social or emotional handicaps but developing them by wasting your childhood on social media where you gladly ruin other people's lives for imaginary internet points.

By no means am I gloating or anything but I literally thought I would never see the day where my social and emotional maturity would surpass those without ASD. Thanks to CF and my church group, I've come a long way in my mental health even if there were bumps in the road.

So glad you got through the trials & tribulations of your life Rene and may you continue to grow in strength and live in the fullness of your life as God gives you insight. I've come a long way too Rene, it certainly is a hard road for many of us in this life and without God I would not have made it this far. We are all born with a spiritual handicap and to live life without Christ would be the worst handicap of all. You're an intelligent man Rene and I hope & pray you keep moving forward in your life, that you find your solid ground and your green pastures. May God bless you in everyway!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My brain doesn't work that well anymore and that makes me sad as I could have done much with my life, but I pray everyday and read some scriptures as that strengthens me and I urge you all to do the same despite what you may feel.

PS: Some little willy wag tails (tweeter birds) have made their nest right out my bedroom window and they sing their sweet little songs to me...........Beautiful.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,789.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
some places on CF are freaking terrible...If it weren't for this subforum and another one I'm at, I would tell people to stay away, the rudeness astounds me :|
There is cold hearted & rude people everywhere Lady Bug, please don't let them get you down as there is many good people out there as well.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling flattish and bored with life at the moment. The good mood of yesterday morning didn't last by mid day i was flat as a pan cake.

Hoping others are doing better.:wave:

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A Real Story. In 19 century, a Chinese believer asked James Hudson Tailor who was from England to China, “How many years has the Gospel preached to England?”, he answered, “At least centuries of years ago.”The Chinese asked, “So why do you westerns tell us so lately?”

At that time, the journey from Europe to China would spend about half a year. So Chinese should appreciate western missionaries. And western should thank Apostle Paul (Saul), who was a Jew and helped build a bridge between the western and eastern world. All Glory to the Lord.

And Blessings from the eastern world to our brothers in the western world. :wave:

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Feel ok today been having headache then yesterday migraine from a shot I get. So it was a rough couple days. I cleaned up some yesterday and felt good get that accomplished. I'm tired from the hour time change going to take me few days get used to that. Otherwise feel eh.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Real Story. In 19 century, a Chinese believer asked James Hudson Tailor who was from England to China, “How many years has the Gospel preached to England?”, he answered, “At least centuries of years ago.”The Chinese asked, “So why do you westerns tell us so lately?”

At that time, the journey from Europe to China would spend about half a year. So Chinese should appreciate western missionaries. And western should thank Apostle Paul (Saul), who was a Jew and helped build a bridge between the western and eastern world. All Glory to the Lord.

And Blessings from the eastern world to our brothers in the western world. :wave:

So good to still see you coming around brother. i hope Jesus will bless you with much ability where there is little now, and much love to fill your heart with gladness and song.

Be blessed brother.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling good mood wise today but not so good physically it seems i got some kind of bug nagging me, that is what it feels like. The chills and tired enough to sleep in my chair. The strange part is that my mood is excellent usually when i'm sick my mood sours as well. Weird really.

Blessings to all!:wave:

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Feeling good mood wise today but not so good physically it seems i got some kind of bug nagging me, that is what it feels like. The chills and tired enough to sleep in my chair. The strange part is that my mood is excellent usually when i'm sick my mood sours as well. Weird really.

Blessings to all!:wave:
May the blessings from above overcome your bad physical feeling, dear brother. :hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May the blessings from above overcome your bad physical feeling, dear brother. :hug:

Thanks brother, i'm sure that the Lord will heal me in due time. Today however i'm physically ill and mentally down and feeling tired and drained. Picked up a little when i took a few Panadol but i find it hard to function. Not sure what is wrong with me.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's been a nutty but okay semester.

My friend is an alcoholic and put himself in danger about two weeks ago, so me and our roommate had to bring him to the ER. About a week later, he decided to drop out. And invited me to some drinking event and got upset I didn't want to go. Come to find out, he got his step brother to take him -- who had been wasted from both alcohol and weed.

So I've pretty much disengaged. This is what he does. "Firefly is mad at me, so I'm going to do this thing or come up with a story so they can no longer be mad at me and instead, worried!" so. He can do what he wants, he's his parents' problem now.

In other news, I'm passing the majority of my classes and I love them all.

Bad news is, I'm frustrated with financial aid because the work study feels so useless. I have 3000 dollars for work study, but apparently that's just through paychecks, and I'm like, "I'm hardly allowed to work above 15 to 20 hours a week, I don't make enough to earn 3000 dollars within a year." and she's like, "Oh but it's just easier to stay on campus and work." so I don't know if they also add extra money to my paycheck or...???

So, basically, I hate this country's system of. well. Everything. and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm able to somehow just go abroad without going through the school. If I can graduate within an EU country, iirc, it makes it easier to obtain citizenship within an EU country. A few friends and I have been talking a lot about just moving abroad and living together. A pipe dream, but I've been digging and trying to figure it all out.

Also. I finally made a wordpress to have a portfolio of all my writing. So there's all of that.

Overall, I'm eh. Just eh. Tired and busy.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm able to somehow just go abroad without going through the school. If I can graduate within an EU country, iirc, it makes it easier to obtain citizenship within an EU country.

Good to hear you are doing well Firefly and that you keep on top of it all. You also seem to be doing a lot better depression wise which is good to see.

With regards to your studies try Finland you can study in one of their universities for free if you do it in Swedish or Finnish or if you decide to get a P.h.d or master i think you can study for free in English as well. Not sure how easy it would be to change your nationality to Finnish though. But you would study in Europe that way.

What makes studying from home so attractive to you? Wouldn't it be easier to stay in your own country and get a degree that counts and a good job from there? Or is that not to your liking?

i hope you have a nice day.:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
is it worth it being on an antidepressant if your sex drive is increased by it and you hate the increase? I'm just worried that I'll feel more suicidal if I withdraw from this...

There are different side affects for different people. That's the downside; one size doesn't fit all. Weight gain, weight loss, racing thoughts, irritability; it goes on and on.

Antidepressants do help a lot of people, especially when it's a physiological issue like serotonin levels being off, ect.

I've tried different antidepressants over the years. One gave me such dry mouth that I never went anywhere without a bottle of water; one made me extremely sleepy, one constipated, Some caused cognitive issues, a couple never worked at all.

I'm too old to worry or care about the sex thing but in my case in my younger years there was a marked decrease despite testosterone levels being normal.

Oftentimes the annoying stuff goes away. I don't know how long you have been on it but I think you should give it some time, especially if this particular drug is helping you. But if you do decide to stop, by all means get guidance from your health care provider. Stopping cold turkey can be dangerous.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's been a nutty but okay semester.

My friend is an alcoholic and put himself in danger about two weeks ago, so me and our roommate had to bring him to the ER. About a week later, he decided to drop out. And invited me to some drinking event and got upset I didn't want to go. Come to find out, he got his step brother to take him -- who had been wasted from both alcohol and weed.

So I've pretty much disengaged. This is what he does. "Firefly is mad at me, so I'm going to do this thing or come up with a story so they can no longer be mad at me and instead, worried!" so. He can do what he wants, he's his parents' problem now.

In other news, I'm passing the majority of my classes and I love them all.

Bad news is, I'm frustrated with financial aid because the work study feels so useless. I have 3000 dollars for work study, but apparently that's just through paychecks, and I'm like, "I'm hardly allowed to work above 15 to 20 hours a week, I don't make enough to earn 3000 dollars within a year." and she's like, "Oh but it's just easier to stay on campus and work." so I don't know if they also add extra money to my paycheck or...???

So, basically, I hate this country's system of. well. Everything. and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm able to somehow just go abroad without going through the school. If I can graduate within an EU country, iirc, it makes it easier to obtain citizenship within an EU country. A few friends and I have been talking a lot about just moving abroad and living together. A pipe dream, but I've been digging and trying to figure it all out.

Also. I finally made a wordpress to have a portfolio of all my writing. So there's all of that.

Overall, I'm eh. Just eh. Tired and busy.
Good to hear from you. Glad you are moving forward despite some bumps in the road. I'm happy for you.

Wise decision to disengage. I was totally on my own at 17; sink or swim. It paid off later to stay away from the wrong crowd. But I was depressed so much I didn't have too many friends or things to do. But I always had my own place, a vehicle, school and a job, didn't drink or do drugs and even managed to save money. The depression was crushing, though.

An entirely personal decision about living abroad. Could be a whole new range of good experiences and learning opportunities. Challenges too. I know you enough through this forum to know you have what it takes to be successful. You are driven and smart, and think things through. It's just "What comes next in my life now?"
Have you looked into the student exchange program? There may be some financial assistance there for you but I don't know much about it. I have met students in the program from Australia and Saudi Arabia but that was many years ago. I know the program has been around for quite awhile.

Like Jeshu said, it may be more beneficial for you to stay here, then perhaps do some traveling later. Also, online university opportunities are there that we didn't have in our formative years. Definitely a possibility for you to look into.

If you do try life on the other side of the pond, make sure you have a plan "B" with enough money to get home if it doesn't work out. Also I would recommend duel citizenship; that is, keeping your U.S. citizenship as well as citizenship your country of choice. I have a little experience with some time in England and Russia, but not enough to give you a good picture of what it's like to live in another culture for any length of time.

All the best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is it worth it being on an antidepressant if your sex drive is increased by it and you hate the increase? I'm just worried that I'll feel more suicidal if I withdraw from this...

i take the sex increase over depression i think, even though such can be very bothersome as well, depression is the pits and it impairs our decision making processes. Most anti-depressants have unfavourable side effects i think but if the quell our depression then its worth it. Can the doctor help you with your increased sex drive there might be a simple medication you can take to decrease it again.

Hoping you find a solution

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The sex increase might be making my depression worse though because it remains unfulfilled at this time. I've been on this med for a year. I'm due for another checkup but it's at the end of January. Anyway sorry for being trite; it's because I'm typing on a phone.

• Friendly
Upvote 0