• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I know that dead feeling well. This world is cruel that's why we need Jesus to save us and he is the light shining in the darkness and our sanctuary where we take refuge. His love nourishes our weary souls as we journey through this life. Please don't lose hope HIJO and hang onto Jesus. Pray to him to get you through this struggle that you are going through. May you learn & grow through your suffering and come out stronger than before to be a ray of light in this dark world and share his love with your fellow man. Don't give up praying, there is always hope!

I pray that the Lord God comforts you with his LOVE, peace & goodness and brings good caring people into your life to give you great friendship and support. May you be blessed HIJO.

Yours truly,

Victor.

Thank you so much for this. God bless you.

Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when you're feeling terrible but don't have the stamina to write it out...

:hug: Hoping you will soon pass this stage and find some energy back in your life again.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have a church meeting in the morning on Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday. So I have to get up earlier. it is a rectification to my overmuch sleeping. Though slumber in the meeting, better than stay in bed.

Sometimes still can not visit CF. But If i can, I would say "May God bless you with His smile face". :wave:

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi Brother and Sisters

This past weekend was a struggle but got through it. Just was an emotional roller coaster I want to help people who are in the mist of trials and walking the path I walked and yet my stubbornness and pain makes me go why cant they just deal with it like I did. But as my Fiance said to me, not everyone is as strong as I am to go through the trials and tribulations and pain. I don't know what I'd done if my ex had hurt himself probably blame myself rest of my life but I am glad he didn't. We are both happy and where we need to be.

So far I think my sister is doing well, rest of the family members are popping on Facebook to reach out and friend request which to my surprise is nice to see them many of them I not seen in many years. So I see God working in ways that often makes me smile even spite my own stubborn ways to not want to be a blessing yet I find a way to be one anyway. I try to honor God through my actions and not let my own pain and emotions get in my way.

I hope everyone is well and prayers for all.. Much love..

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a church meeting in the morning on Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday. So I have to get up earlier. it is a rectification to my overmuch sleeping. Though slumber in the meeting, better than stay in bed.

Sometimes still can not visit CF. But If i can, I would say "May God bless you with His smile face". :wave:

Hi brother good to hear from you. i'm glad you can still visit us sometimes. Be blessed my friend and brother in Christ.

Hi Brother and Sisters

This past weekend was a struggle but got through it. Just was an emotional roller coaster I want to help people who are in the mist of trials and walking the path I walked and yet my stubbornness and pain makes me go why cant they just deal with it like I did. But as my Fiance said to me, not everyone is as strong as I am to go through the trials and tribulations and pain. I don't know what I'd done if my ex had hurt himself probably blame myself rest of my life but I am glad he didn't. We are both happy and where we need to be.

So far I think my sister is doing well, rest of the family members are popping on Facebook to reach out and friend request which to my surprise is nice to see them many of them I not seen in many years. So I see God working in ways that often makes me smile even spite my own stubborn ways to not want to be a blessing yet I find a way to be one anyway. I try to honor God through my actions and not let my own pain and emotions get in my way.

I hope everyone is well and prayers for all.. Much love..

Good to hear from you Laura, glad you are staying on top of it. Good you trying to be a blessing to people. It is hard to be a blessing when we suffer though more often than not we need others to bless us.

How is your depression going lately? i myself have been down more than okay which is not so nice.

Be blessed sister.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi brother good to hear from you. i'm glad you can still visit us sometimes. Be blessed my friend and brother in Christ.
Dear brother, May the Lord bless you with calm and joyful days with your great family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling awake at 3am in the morning. i've been up since 1.30am and no sign of sleep yet. Not feeling as down as this afternoon but still pretty flat and drained.

i'm back on the 5-htp so hopefully i sleep better and feel better soon, i've been rather downish the last 3 weeks.

Dear brother, May the Lord bless you with calm and joyful days with your great family.

Thanks brother and God's blessings to you there in China. So glad you may still visit us.

Blessings to all

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi Jeshu

My depression is doing better, still struggle some days but over all better than not. My meds help a great deal, going in to see both counselor and psychologist is a huge help as well. My sleep contributes to my depression so I try to stay on top of that if I can to keep rested to motivate during the day is a huge benefit to. We just had two days of rain so my headache was back and just pounding so I was in bed playing on cell and tablet just not wanting to do much else spite need today maybe do laundry we'll see :p How are you doing brother?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jeshu

My depression is doing better, still struggle some days but over all better than not. My meds help a great deal, going in to see both counselor and psychologist is a huge help as well. My sleep contributes to my depression so I try to stay on top of that if I can to keep rested to motivate during the day is a huge benefit to. We just had two days of rain so my headache was back and just pounding so I was in bed playing on cell and tablet just not wanting to do much else spite need today maybe do laundry we'll see :p How are you doing brother?

Yes my depression is better than it used to be, though i have done better than i'm doing now. i'm also struggling with sleep. Sleep is a big issue for me for when insomnia strikes psychosis and depression always follow. Psychosis wise i'm doing much better than have been though. The medicine i'm on now seem to hold me in check most of the time, however the medicine does increase my depression somewhat.

Last week has been a bad week for me, depressed more often than not, my doctor put my on anti-depressants to increase my sleep, which has worked, but it has also increased my depression which is not so good. i'm trying to balance the depression out with 5-htp but so far i have only had slight success.

This morning the depression doesn't seem too bad lets hope i have a bit of a better day today.

Have a blessed Sunday.:wave:

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi Jeshu

I'm so sorry you're struggling with depression and other issues. May I ask, have you tried therapy to talk to some one I know we have the Lord and we talk to him every day and we have our spouses and significant others or whom ever in our lives to be there for us. If its to personal to answer I understand. As I stated in my previous post I see two people to help manage one is for my meds and the other is to talk things out and put things into perspective which is a huge help. Yesterday we picked up one of our TV's from a friend who borrowed it for awhile so now setting that up now upstairs on a antenna. Ive got a sinus headache just been bad lately nose stuffed up and just been bleh. Each year seems get worse with the seasons change from summer to fall then winter to spring. I wish you a blessed day brother and prayers for you I hope you find the balance. I take vitamin D3 to help along my depression to in the mornings I read it's supposed to help not sure if it does but seems to help me and give some energy for me at least might want to read for yourself perhaps? A thought anyway. ((Hugs))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jeshu

I'm so sorry you're struggling with depression and other issues. May I ask, have you tried therapy to talk to some one I know we have the Lord and we talk to him every day and we have our spouses and significant others or whom ever in our lives to be there for us. If its to personal to answer I understand. As I stated in my previous post I see two people to help manage one is for my meds and the other is to talk things out and put things into perspective which is a huge help. Yesterday we picked up one of our TV's from a friend who borrowed it for awhile so now setting that up now upstairs on a antenna. Ive got a sinus headache just been bad lately nose stuffed up and just been bleh. Each year seems get worse with the seasons change from summer to fall then winter to spring. I wish you a blessed day brother and prayers for you I hope you find the balance. I take vitamin D3 to help along my depression to in the mornings I read it's supposed to help not sure if it does but seems to help me and give some energy for me at least might want to read for yourself perhaps? A thought anyway. ((Hugs))

i have seen counsellors before and did get a real lot of benefit out of one at least one of them. A P.T.S.D counsellor who gave me good advise and helped me on my way. i think that counselling is important for any one suffering depression long term our thoughts can be so meshed up from the constant negativity that befalls us.

On top of my psych meds i also use vitamin D3, it helped me greatly, i also use magnesium, vitamin C and the whole B range. i also use 5-htp and find them to be of great benefit treating my depression.

Be blessed

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The movie, No Safe Spaces, is out in theaters. I'll be interested in watching it once it comes out as rental. It's about the college student situation where they expect college to be like a daycare center. These are young people who grew up on social media. There's a Joe Rogan podcast featuring Jonathan Haidt that provides great insight into this.

Which leads me to my question: Which is worse?

A) Being born with social and emotional handicaps but worked your tail off to achieve a level of relative normalcy.

B) Being born with no social or emotional handicaps but developing them by wasting your childhood on social media where you gladly ruin other people's lives for imaginary internet points.

By no means am I gloating or anything but I literally thought I would never see the day where my social and emotional maturity would surpass those without ASD. Thanks to CF and my church group, I've come a long way in my mental health even if there were bumps in the road.

So glad you are beginning to see that your suffering has not entirely been for nothing but that you have matured and grown as an individual and you have become stronger instead of weaker. i hope that one day you will also meet thankfulness for the things you have been through because it has brought you great spiritual treasures. It has surely been like that in my life. Not that i like the suffering but when i see what Jesus has made out of me through suffering then i can only say thank You humbly and sincerely.

Keep growing in your faith brother and show your generation and the next that Jesus can make something beautiful out of a broken vessel.

Have a blessed week.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling great this morning. i woke up at 5am after a 9 hour sleep, a first in many months but most welcome. My mood has been excellent as well this morning which is a first in a very long time as well. So i'm excited and dare to hope i will have a better day today. Yesterday was a good day as well. Maybe today will be even much better.

i hope so.

Have a blessed week:wave:

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0