• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling down and flattish not much fun. i woke up like this after getting 7 hours last night, that is a first i have made so much sleep in one night, albeit over two sleeps. Still feeling tired and drained though, such a drag. Yuck!

• Prayers
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling royally angry with god. I got ridiculed by some f-ed admin on another site and got told to "get over it" twice. WORST NIGHT EVER

What i failed to understand is how come you are angry with God because people gave you a hard time. God warns us in the bible all the time that this would happen. People cannot be trusted to love purely good, no one down here can achieve that. So few people heed God's loving truth in real life that is why so many people feel grieved and are hurting.

When i feel really angry with God then i tell Him and why, and then i let Him with His truth and in His love correct me and bring me back under His loving care again. It has worked wonders learning to discard my hot tempered spirit and bring me His loving and caring One.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes i know very well what you are talking about. It is when the darkness of depression tries to keep the light away altogether. Do you get it that the accuser tells you it is your fault that God is far away? i used to get that a lot as well.

It are all lies, honestly true. The best is not to believe your feelings and to tell Jesus precisely what you are feeling and what those feelings say about you and about Him. Keep sharing your most desolate places/times like that with God and you will see the desert bloom sooner or later.

Thank you for your kind & encouraging words Jeshu. The Lord has brought you here to help us through our struggles because you yourself struggle.

Unfortunately as a Christian I have fallen and sinned greatly and the accuser reminds me of my past and how horrible I can be and that I'm unworthy of God's mercy. I can so relate to Psalm 88 as I have been in that hole, but through my suffering I realize how precious God's love is and if we live in the flesh we will reap destruction. It's a long journey home, but I'm walking that path back to Jerusalem.

Victor.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your kind & encouraging words Jeshu. The Lord has brought you here to help us through our struggles because you yourself struggle.

Unfortunately as a Christian I have fallen and sinned greatly and the accuser reminds me of my past and how horrible I can be and that I'm unworthy of God's mercy. I can so relate to Psalm 88 as I have been in that hole, but through my suffering I realize how precious God's love is and if we live in the flesh we will reap destruction. It's a long journey home, but I'm walking that path back to Jerusalem.

Victor.

sorry to hear of your fall and your current hardships because of that. i was once in your position where i had also fallen deeply and sinned greatly it cast me in the deepest pit ever for 7 whole years. What i learned down there is that faith in Christ doesn't look on the past with guilt and shame but in thanksgiving when the accuser has been passed by using God's grace through Jesus Christ.

Therefore i want to encourage you. Not saying the going is easy but you will get through brother. God loves you dearly to win from the accuser please don't let anything in all creation hold you back from the love of God. Not your own failures either. Thanksgiving is better than burning guilt and hearing accuser's tongue 24/7 believe you me.

Be of good courage Victor, you will overcome in Christ, with Him beside us no mountain is too big to scale.

Do you know Psalms 34 as well as Psalms 88?

I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from telling lies.
Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and his ears are attentive to their cry;
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
to blot out their name from the earth.

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.

Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
The Lord will rescue his servants;
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What i failed to understand is how come you are angry with God because people gave you a hard time. God warns us in the bible all the time that this would happen. People cannot be trusted to love purely good, no one down here can achieve that. So few people heed God's loving truth in real life that is why so many people feel grieved and are hurting.

When i feel really angry with God then i tell Him and why, and then i let Him with His truth and in His love correct me and bring me back under His loving care again. It has worked wonders learning to discard my hot tempered spirit and bring me His loving and caring One.

Easy for you to say. Try being bullied twice and having no one come to your aid!

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
sorry to hear of your fall and your current hardships because of that. i was once in your position where i had also fallen deeply and sinned greatly it cast me in the deepest pit ever for 7 whole years. What i learned down there is that faith in Christ doesn't look on the past with guilt and shame but in thanksgiving when the accuser has been passed by using God's grace through Jesus Christ.

Therefore i want to encourage you. Not saying the going is easy but you will get through brother. God loves you dearly to win from the accuser please don't let anything in all creation hold you back from the love of God. Not your own failures either. Thanksgiving is better than burning guilt and hearing accuser's tongue 24/7 believe you me.

Be of good courage Victor, you will overcome in Christ, with Him beside us no mountain is too big to scale.

Do you know Psalms 34 as well as Psalms 88?

What encouraging and kind words you write Jeshu from your heart.

Yes, we must always keep our eyes fixed on God's grace through Jesus Christ as that is our only hope. I have also been in a very dark pit for several years and feared I would never come out, I have tasted hell and it's terrible, but now I have much more hope than before and that I may be completely restored with Christ one day to do his work and grow and bear much fruit. Some days I get down and probably will for the rest of my life, but my suffering has given me much insight and I understand the scriptures much better now. I want to go on that spiritual journey forward and serve God, to love him with all my heart, mind & soul and do his will as that is the most fulfilling life one can have. It's always supportive to meet others that have been in the same situation as you and understand what you are going through spiritually. People of this world don't understand as their hearts are closed and they can never support you truly.

I don't know Psalm 34, but I have read a lot of the Psalms and they are all good and so expressive.

God has blessed you Jeshu!

Victor.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Feeling like God hates me and wants me to be alone. After ten years I finally get back into a relationship...and it just ended tonight...standard its not you its me routine.
Give yourself time to heal from this and grow from it. God definitely doesn't hate you, that is just your thoughts getting the better of you in a bad situation. Being alone isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has blessed you Jeshu!

He certainly has blessed me, just this morning we went hiking for about 7.5 kilometres to Point Possession with the kids. We had a ball even pretending to give the land back to the traditional custodians of the land in the name of Jesus. i love Australia but i often mourn her history with the aborigines. Such awesome people, yet often so displaced it makes you cry.
P1050768.JPG

P1050773.JPG

You know Victor, i relate to loving The Lord because He got me out. Sure it took years but nevertheless He got me out of the hellish agony i got myself into. i will love Him forever setting me free from my guilt and shame and bondage to sin. Life is great a son of God instead of a slave to my sin.

At least we may know true God, how awesome is Jesus for bringing us to The Father in S(s)pirit?

Never turn back Victor keep striving forward.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish I could get up earlier and get on well with my father.

Blessings to all. :wave:

Consider saying a prayer for the soul of your dad each time he comes to mind, and give your bad feelings about your relationship with your dad to Jesus for safe keeping. When i was young my dad only ever criticised me and i hated him. The last time i saw him he blessed me and Yvonne and i love instead of hate him. Even at 90 years of age things can change. Please be of good courage.

Make it happen brother, please let Jesus love these pains away.

:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He certainly has blessed me, just this morning we went hiking for about 7.5 kilometres to Point Possession with the kids. We had a ball even pretending to give the land back to the traditional custodians of the land in the name of Jesus. i love Australia but i often mourn her history with the aborigines. Such awesome people, yet often so displaced it makes you cry.
View attachment 264331
View attachment 264330

You know Victor, i relate to loving The Lord because He got me out. Sure it took years but nevertheless He got me out of the hellish agony i got myself into. i will love Him forever setting me free from my guilt and shame and bondage to sin. Life is great a son of God instead of a slave to my sin.

At least we may know true God, how awesome is Jesus for bringing us to The Father in S(s)pirit?

Never turn back Victor keep striving forward.

Thanks for the great photos Jeshu. Incredible vista and the one with you and your grandchildren - I assume anyway. You are blessed to live where you do and I hope you get to enjoy that natural beauty despite your own struggles.

I will keep striving forward Jeshu otherwise all my suffering will be in vain.

God bless you!

Victor.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wish I could get up earlier and get on well with my father.

Blessings to all. :wave:
I had a bad relationship with my father and I was a great disappointment to him. He had his own problems and I hardened my heart towards him and I regret that. If I could go back in time I would of made him nice dinners, lunches, etc and made life a little easier for him. As difficult as this may be sometimes just love your father as he is and forgive him always.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

AMEN.........AMEN.........AMEN, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!

• Friendly
Upvote 0