• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling bored. i've been so busy last week but this week didn't go off with a bang, was feeling downish this morning and now i'm unmotivated to do anything even though it is a beautiful day.

Feeling a bit sad about today as well.

i wanted to write something but i have written stuff all. Killing time waiting for Yvonne to come home from work.

Oh well hopefully a better day tomorrow.:wave:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
quite sad and rejected.
will be alright but that is how I feel.

Depression is the pits for we feel what is not true according to God's truth. Faith in God's love is worth everything fighting depression.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I say: "I want to be normal."
What everyone else hears: "I want to be the God-Emperor of mankind!"

i found that normal is one of the most elusive illusions there is. Originality is what we Creatures are all about. i think you will have to wait till Kingdom come before your request is going to be fulfilled to any kind of degree but so does everyone else have to wait for that great day. Normalcy is not something that can be grasped. To give praise to God how He made us is what He is after i think. When i asked Him to heal me He told me that He made me for His glory the way i was, i assume your case will be no different.

Acceptance can be the hardest thing you ever done. That is why doing away with the worldly labels is essential. In God's truth different things are important than down here. When it comes to originality you beat a lot of people hands down.

Praying you find the peace you are after.

• Agree
Reactions: HouseCat71
Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Feeling relieved! Was supposed to play guitar this Sunday at a church picnic, but it’s forecasted to get rained out so the pastor cancelled. Woooo! I haven’t practiced all year and well...maybe the Lord knew it was going to be a train wreck and did me a favor.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟160,992.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I find I am really a sinner. I hate my father for his bad gene. Since my grandfather at least 5 have mental problems. My father had serious panasthenia when he was in University. Until now he rejects God and does not think part reason why I am a mental patient is from his bad gene. He is very proud, thinks he is smarter than God. But I was even more evil than him when I was young. If God can forgive me , He can also forgive him. I should treat him kindly whatever he does or say. May God show mercy to my wretched family.

Maybe Sometimes this site be blocked in my place.

Blessings to all. :hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone else find that reciting the Lord's Prayer helps with anxiety attacks? For some reason reciting the Lord's prayer greatly calms me down when having panic attacks or incoming meltdowns. Other prayers don't really work but this one, for some reason, does.

I discovered this while having a panic attack months back. Just minutes ago, I was on the verge of another meltdown but then I stopped myself, recited the Lord's Prayer, and just calmed right down. I then made some coffee and suddenly started having a laughing fit out of nowhere.

Since joining this Pentecostal Church, I'm having all of these spiritual experiences that are becoming harder and harder to logically explain.

Great isn't how that happens? God is revealing Himself to you through His truth. For the power of the Lord's prayer is that its words are sure and true while anxiety lies about everything, praying a truthful prayer breaks the power of those lies and sets us free into God's truth again.

i've learned to fight my anxiety attacks with God's word. That also really works breaking the spell of the lies and bringing me back into God's truth again.

i love this song reflecting upon the ability of God's word to do that.

Peace.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone else find that reciting the Lord's Prayer helps with anxiety attacks? For some reason reciting the Lord's prayer greatly calms me down when having panic attacks or incoming meltdowns. Other prayers don't really work but this one, for some reason, does.

Yes. Sometimes it's the Lord's prayer, sometimes some other way of realizing how we are all under His grace and how He is sovereign and loving. Lord's prayer puts us all in the same standing, it's "us" and God, and we ask for His good will to be done, instead of ours, and we are to count that His will indeed is good. We all go to Him as sinners, as beggars, and we depend on His care. Christ leads us in and out of this prayer with blessed assurance, that God knows what we are dealing with, and that we don't have to worry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tempura

Noob
Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If God can forgive me , He can also forgive him. I should treat him kindly whatever he does or say. May God show mercy to my wretched family.

He can forgive a lot, and delights to do it. We can ask for all good things in the name of Christ, including this. May you and your family be greatly blessed. And when we really find that we are sinners, not just in word, but in painful reality, Christ shines brighter and we understand Him a little better.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find I am really a sinner. I hate my father for his bad gene. Since my grandfather at least 5 have mental problems. My father had serious panasthenia when he was in University. Until now he rejects God and does not think part reason why I am a mental patient is from his bad gene. He is very proud, thinks he is smarter than God. But I was even more evil than him when I was young. If God can forgive me , He can also forgive him. I should treat him kindly whatever he does or say. May God show mercy to my wretched family.

Maybe Sometimes this site be blocked in my place.

Blessings to all. :hug:

We are all miserable sinners when it comes to it brother, knowing we are is the first step to needing a Saviour. However we can wallow in our sin or bring ourselves in our sins to Christ and find renewal. i pray you keep doing the latter.

Praying your dad will find the Lord as his saviour one day and that He keeps you safe and sound.

Lets hope you will not get permanently blocked from here we would dearly miss you brother.

Peace.

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
hello brothers n sisters.. things are slowly going well, spite I still want to shake people and tell them to get with the programe sometimes! My sister is battling cancer and still clinging to hope and prayer for her to be healed on this side of the coin. One can only hope that is. I'm still saving money in case things go south and she turns to go on hospice and really go south and pass on. It will devastate me loosing 2 siblings in less than a year's time due to David passed last year a week from Thanksgiving and now she's been diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer but the Dr.s whom I want to shake didn't diagnosed her till was to late they could have caught it early like in stage 1 or 2. Is why my last post was just fed up with people in general. Please pray for the other half of my family in the states in South Dakota they were hit by flooding and trying to clean up from the aftermath as well as get back to regular routine in jobs and schools. So lots of prayer going out for everyone. I have not herd if my sister is going to do chemo I have heard of radiation so far. So that's the update here in N. Texas. I'm so trying to keep my cool and patience but all I can do I can do is rely on God for that.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello brothers n sisters.. things are slowly going well, spite I still want to shake people and tell them to get with the programe sometimes! My sister is battling cancer and still clinging to hope and prayer for her to be healed on this side of the coin. One can only hope that is. I'm still saving money in case things go south and she turns to go on hospice and really go south and pass on. It will devastate me loosing 2 siblings in less than a year's time due to David passed last year a week from Thanksgiving and now she's been diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer but the Dr.s whom I want to shake didn't diagnosed her till was to late they could have caught it early like in stage 1 or 2. Is why my last post was just fed up with people in general. Please pray for the other half of my family in the states in South Dakota they were hit by flooding and trying to clean up from the aftermath as well as get back to regular routine in jobs and schools. So lots of prayer going out for everyone. I have not herd if my sister is going to do chemo I have heard of radiation so far. So that's the update here in N. Texas. I'm so trying to keep my cool and patience but all I can do I can do is rely on God for that.

Praying for you and you family. That God will help you through whatever comes your way. It can be very hard to let go of loved ones, i pray that God will be with you.

Good to hear you are hanging in. That's great.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grieving pastor Jarrid Wilson. It is always sad to loose someone to suicide but it gets even worse when the person involved helped countless other people struggling with depression. We need pastors like these. People who love others through the dark patches of their lives and don't judge them for it.

i pray for his wife and children and all those directly involved in this loss of human life.

Pastor Jarrid Wilson, Who Died by Suicide at 30, Remembered for 'Gentle and Loving' Soul

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grieving pastor Jarrid Wilson. It is always sad to loose someone to suicide but it gets even worse when the person involved helped countless other people struggling with depression. We need pastors like these. People who love others through the dark patches of their lives and don't judge them for it.

i pray for his wife and children and all those directly involved in this loss of human life.

Pastor Jarrid Wilson, Who Died by Suicide at 30, Remembered for 'Gentle and Loving' Soul
Never heard of him. it's weird how when one person does it that they give other people the idea to do it. Recently I was watching Daystar and this guy was telling the story of how he basically lost several people to suicide. Even his own daughter. Can't help but to shed tears over that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I feel defeated. It's become aware to me that I accepted this new job only because it was offered to me and I needed a steady paycheck. I hate this job. I have no business whatsoever in higher education. Young people today are a lost cause. However, I can't be bothered to look for another job because I don't want to spend the next year or more looking for something, hoping to get an interview and offer. I'll continue to show up here for work, but once again I have settled, and once again I hate myself for it.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel defeated. It's become aware to me that I accepted this new job only because it was offered to me and I needed a steady paycheck. I hate this job. I have no business whatsoever in higher education. Young people today are a lost cause. However, I can't be bothered to look for another job because I don't want to spend the next year or more looking for something, hoping to get an interview and offer. I'll continue to show up here for work, but once again I have settled, and once again I hate myself for it.

i don't want to sound preachy but it is best not to hate yourself or anyone else but to love regardless of how difficult this might be. i found that hating myself for many years made my depression very much worse. Anger directed at self feeds depressive thoughts and feelings. Acceptance of our situation and acceptance of ourselves in both good and in bad are essential to be able to fight depression successfully and mirrors our Lord's way of dealing with His children.

Peace.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i've been so so this week. i've had some better days and some days where i felt worse. Yesterday morning i was feeling reasonable stable but mid afternoon i plummeted down in just 15-20 minutes from feeling okay to being rock bottom. Seldom do i drop that fast and it left me in a confused mess. i went to bed straight after dinner sick as a dog but woke up two hours later with a splitting head ache and very nauseous. Did i feel crook there for a few hours. When the head ache settled i took some sleepers and went back to bed. i slept to 2.30am and have been awake since but feeling okay again. A bit flat that is all. Weird how things can change so quickly from one hour to the next.

How is everyone else doing?

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I really believe that lack of closure on anything contributes to my depression more than anything else. This is the most painful example right now.

I have been aware of an old family photo from my mom's generation, it was from the early 1960s. She was in her later teens. In the photo was her, her mother, and a boy next to her and my mother was holding hands with that boy, and I keep getting tears in my eyes, wondering who was this boy, why were they holding hands, were they just one date or were they a couple, and why didn't my mom ever tell me about this? My mom never mentioned any boyfriend to me EVER. Who was the boy who thought my mom was special? Did my mom like this boy? Did he like her? My mom was very conservative so I'm sure that they didn't do any hanky panky, but I'll never know the nature of what was going on in this photo. Will I ever find out, even after I die? I want to know about this picture, it literally moves me to tears. She can't talk to me about this, she is too ill. I feel awkward asking my dad if he knows about it. But I have no one else I can ask.
p.s. I did actually cry, not really hard but I still cried

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0