• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am struggling with a Chinese brother, my old friend. He accuses a Chinese pastor and his church blaspheming Holy Spirit. I think he is short of enough proof. The pastor’s church planed to buy a new church house, but the money was not much enough. So they seek God’s will. If time was up the offering money was enough, that meant God permitted they buy a new house. If the offering money was not enough, God did not permit they buy a new house. At last the offering money was not enough, but a member offered all the rest needed money, so they could buy a new house. Then the government did not allow them meeting there, so they had to meet outside. That was the famous affair of the Watching Church in Beijing. I don’t think the Pastor and his church have blasphemed Holy Spirit, maybe they have tested God, maybe they are not dealing with the government in a smart way, but I don’t think they have been forsaken by God completely. Now that my old friend nearly wants to cut off the relationship with me.
Yusuph,
The apostle Paul had his share of conflicts within the churches he loved. It’s difficult, but stay the course, my friend. Let love win the day.

You are not responsible for your friend’s words and actions; he is.

Prayers that this difficulty will be amicably resolved.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The new cold war is running. The trade war between China and U.S. maybe leads to a hot war. To transfer the sight of People, CCP threatens the PLA could attack Taiwan. Then U.S. involves? It is not impossible that the whole world will destroy in a final war of Nuclear weapons. I pray for the limitation of Nuclear weapon, especially to North Korea and countries like North Korea.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling depressed and can't help but wonder if God hates me.

Yes i know that depression lies about God, ourselves and our neighbour. Please dear struggler hold on tied to salvation through Jesus Christ, and don't let your depression rob you of the love of God. i know a real battle when down low, but well worth winning.

Hoping you feel better soon.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
“My God, my God, why are you turned away from me? “(Math27:46) Jesus was forsaken by The Father just in a very temporary time, it was true. Elijah and Jonah ever felt being forsaken by God in a very temporary time, it maybe was just a feeling. I am not sure whether God would really forsake us in a very temporary time, maybe it is just a fake feeling but not the truth.

Hoping others can answer our question. thanks.

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling okay this morning not as good as yesterday but okay. No nausea this morning so that was nice.

We'll see how today goes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Depression is a roller coaster. Sometimes you pull out of it quicker than others, but then the neurons start firing again normally, or something encouraging and good happens in your life unexpectedly and then things don’t seem so bad.

In my case, it is often self absorption that keeps me in a funk. God has a way of making me take my eyes off myself by throwing stuff in my life’s path.

For instance, a while back I parked at a Walmart minding my own business when I noticed a young girl in a crappy car with the hood up, sitting there lost and dejected. I approached her to see if I could help. Car wouldn’t start. I jumped it with my cables and explained she had a loose battery connection. If I had tools I could have fixed it, but told her she’d be ok if she didn’t turn the motor off till she got home. She was so grateful, and, it made me forget about “poor me” if even for awhile.

Another time was a Meals on Wheels client I deliver to, an elderly woman who is slowly losing cognitive abilities. She loves to talk and often puts me off schedule for my other deliveries. She was distraught over family matters and just needed to talk, so I sat and listened. I prayed with her and she wept, hugged me when I left. But, again, if just for awhile, I was taken out of the “me, me, me” zone.

I will share that I have just gone through a terrible crisis; dare I say contemplating the “S” word. Jeshu and Tempura were PMing constantly without a hint of judgement until I pulled out of my funk. Still not on top of things but at least I can think straight again.

You see, we are here for each other. When you are depressed it is good to share with us here. ‘Cause at least we know you are hurting and can help by praying, even if we don’t know the details. You, in turn, will be there for someone else in your life who needs an encouraging word, a hug or a helping hand. That’s when Christ shines through you, an imperfect vessel, to help another human being. And he chose YOU, because His power shows up best in weakness (I read that somewhere...lol!) YOU were His best choice to aid Him in the situation.....to be His voice, His hands. You are loved!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:wave:Exploring CF, finding friendship across denominations and nations. That is a good job, though feel still down. I will see a doctor the day after tomorrow.
I pretty much stay around this forum but sometimes read the new posts on other forums. Usually just read and do not comment. It is good to read other points of view even if I disagree.

Glad you are seeing a doctor and are somewhat encouraged.:clap:

Such constant distress as you are experiencing could be a vitamin deficiency or chemical imbalance in the brain. Medications or diet changes, even temporarily, can make for great improvement in your mood.

I went back on low dose antidepressants after a 2 year period of stopping totally with a doctor’s guidance. Had to recently begin again because seratonin levels were inadequate. Even with the meds, I crashed and burned a couple weeks ago. It happens. But I recovered.

I have cancer (again, darn it...lol!) and was losing weight and muscle mass despite much physical exercise. Thought it was the disease but turned out I was burning my body out running too much and lifting weights too much. So I increased my daily protein intake significantly gained most of the weight back. Also not working at the gym so hard. I am an old man, you see, and my body was telling me: “NOOOOO!! TOO MUCH!!! You are not in your prime anymore!!” ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
@Jeshu dear brother and others:"If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier"-John R. Wooden

So true. We often take every disappointment as either a punishment or a battle that can't be won. Meanwhile, we easily ignore our blessings, and our ability to bless each other with whatever gifts God has given us for just that purpose. Sometimes in hindsight my own blindness makes me laugh. I can be such an idiot.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I pretty much stay around this forum but sometimes read the new posts on other forums. Usually just read and do not comment. It is good to read other points of view even if I disagree.

Glad you are seeing a doctor and are somewhat encouraged.:clap:

Such constant distress as you are experiencing could be a vitamin deficiency or chemical imbalance in the brain. Medications or diet changes, even temporarily, can make for great improvement in your mood.

I went back on low dose antidepressants after a 2 year period of stopping totally with a doctor’s guidance. Had to recently begin again because seratonin levels were inadequate. Even with the meds, I crashed and burned a couple weeks ago. It happens. But I recovered.

I have cancer (again, darn it...lol!) and was losing weight and muscle mass despite much physical exercise. Thought it was the disease but turned out I was burning my body out running too much and lifting weights too much. So I increased my daily protein intake significantly gained most of the weight back. Also not working at the gym so hard. I am an old man, you see, and my body was telling me: “NOOOOO!! TOO MUCH!!! You are not in your prime anymore!!” ^_^
Pray for you in the difficult situation, God’s blessings are enough to overcome all bad feelings, though it is hard to believe. We are with you. Wish you feel a little better soon. :hug:

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So true. We often take every disappointment as either a punishment or a battle that can't be won. Meanwhile, we easily ignore our blessings, and our ability to bless each other with whatever gifts God has given us for just that purpose. Sometimes in hindsight my own blindness makes me laugh. I can be such an idiot.
You are not an idiot dear brother, you are so precious to God and to us. 1 Corinthians1 talks about wisdom and foolish. 21For because, by the purpose of God, the world, with all its wisdom, had not the knowledge of God, it was God's pleasure, by so foolish a thing as preaching, to give salvation to those who had faith in him. If we are foolish to know God’s way, wish He bring us back to wisdom soon. Depression can be so strong to make us in surround of Liar. I feel so bad, but this is not what God want me to be. Love never fails, so we need forgive, also forgive ourselves.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depression can be so strong to make us in surround of Liar. I feel so bad, but this is not what God want me to be. Love never fails, so we need forgive, also forgive ourselves.

Indeed brother depression makes us feel bad about ourselves with its constant negativity but if we believe our depression then we are really into it deep. Only when we see our identity in Jesus are we save from dragon's fiery breath.

i hope you will always forgive yourself your shortcomings and failures and see yourself through our Lord's eyes. Even depression can't get you then.

Peace

Upvote 0