• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
However Jesus has brought me lots of good life. i've become much more compassionate and caring for the hurts of others over the years that i have suffered depression. Depression opens us up for God's good life to come in and rescue us. Yet unlike depression God's love stays.

Yes. God's love, just a little nugget of it, so often shines in many directions. It doesn't only comfort us, but it makes us love others more as well. And whatever our minds and hearts throw at us to kick us when we're already down (like you said: hopelessness, despair, grief, guilt, shame, doubt and unbelief and regrets) real love never bothers us, it doesn't trip us, it builds something and there's always assurance and confidence in it, there's nothing wrong about it, no lie can ever twist it into something else, love in action is undeniable and it penetrates every wall we can have against it. It comforts, assures, encourages and even gives us joy if we can love and comfort someone. More and more.

If only I'd get to the point where I could be grateful about my own misery while I'm in it! I can look back now and be grateful, but if I'm in it, I find that I'm still a rookie. God has plenty to teach me.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i did crash yesterday and my good morning turned into a bad afternoon. i ended up in bed a 8pm exhausted and down.

Not feeling too bad at the moment. Still downish but nowhere near the oppressive kind i got yesterday. The depression is quiet mild right now.

wishing everyone a good day.:wave:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Morning Jeshu. Glad you're feeling less bad!

2:50am here, can't sleep, playing Civilization V, thinking about stuff.

Are you enjoying the game? i've basically stopped playing computer games after doom 3 came out but i do still collect games for the grand kids to play.

Thinking about interesting stuff i hope.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Are you enjoying the game? i've basically stopped playing computer games after doom 3 came out but i do still collect games for the grand kids to play.

Thinking about interesting stuff i hope.

Yeah I am enjoying, to an extent. There was a time when I didn't care about anything fun, including games and I don't like a lot about modern gaming industry. But Civ games are nice, all of them are probably very cheap now, you can play them at your own pace, and they always force me to think and plan a bit. Even if I don't feel like starting, it starts getting interesting. Helps to energize the mind, and I can do something else on the side.

Thinking about God and what I have to learn in faith, and certain people. It's interesting to me!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thinking about God and what I have to learn in faith, and certain people. It's interesting to me!

Yes i have often pondered on God using people, as well as nature and His word of course in our hearts and how that works. Sanctification is a noble process which can humble us no end.

i've seen God at work in a lot of people and marvelled often at the things i learned from them. CF is a good place to see God (and satan,) at work, the battle lines have been drawn up between must, do and ruling over others and love, caring and sharing with each other. An epic battle

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Good thing you have a doctor's appointment! My back was bad when I was only 25 or so, and some conditions don't ask for our age. Also, as you know already, the positions in which we keep our bodies for long times, be it sitting, sleeping etc. have an effect, as well as certain repeating movements that favor one side to the other, certain quick movements plus all the things we don't even think of. I can't even count how many of my friends have back issues, and they're all different ones.

Hope it gets sorted out and good luck to your semester, even if it seems tough!

That's true! I slouch a lot when I sit, and since starting school, I don't move around much except to run to class or across campus to work or the library, where I typically sit for an extra few hours to do work.

P.T.S.D can cause lots of stress and stress can cause physical pain. When i struggle with stress then i always get back aches.

i hope you will be able to keep following classes especially if this semester is going to be a hard one.

All the best.

Yeah. I'm hoping it's not that. Might just be poor positions, hopefully.

I’m under a tremendous amount of stress right now, and guess where I’m hurting......lol! And this from a guy who goes to the gym nearly every day. Ok, ok, I know. I’ll be 66 tomorrow; may have something to do with it :). Had to knock off the gym visits for about 10 days but slowly starting back & doing much better. Had to take a few muscle relaxants in the meantime.

Remember the trepidation you felt when last semester began? Turns out portions were actually fun and challanging. You identified your strong and weak points...all a part of growing and moving forward.

I have no doubt you will do well this time, too. As far as the back pain, that affects practically every move you make. I’m glad you are seeing a doctor. That will put your mind at ease at least knowing the cause, and effective targeted treatment can begin. Prayers.

I haven't gone to the gym in a looong time. Way to lazy now.

Oh happy birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Yeah, that's true!

Thanks!

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm tired. I've been going to bed earlier and earlier now. I do like my classes despite the stress I'm going to be going through. My professors are pretty cool and nice. There's just going to be so, so much reading and writing, at least one of them is more participation in class and debating ethics, morality and things like that because it's a philosophy class.

This week, like the coming weeks, I have to read the front page of a lot of different newspapers (BBC, NYT, and a few others) for the quizzes, and then the international pages on New York Times for my International Relations class and get ready for the first major essay for my Writ class. At least Intro to Ethics is just notes right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm tired. I've been going to bed earlier and earlier now. I do like my classes despite the stress I'm going to be going through. My professors are pretty cool and nice. There's just going to be so, so much reading and writing, at least one of them is more participation in class and debating ethics, morality and things like that because it's a philosophy class.

This week, like the coming weeks, I have to read the front page of a lot of different newspapers (BBC, NYT, and a few others) for the quizzes, and then the international pages on New York Times for my International Relations class and get ready for the first major essay for my Writ class. At least Intro to Ethics is just notes right now.
Your tone in this post is noticeably more optimistic than in your original one. Good sign.

How we feel physically/mentally at any given time has a bearing on how we handle things that come up in day to day life.

I happen to be sitting in a dermatologist’s office right now having yet ANOTHER skin cancer removed. I was quite bummed about it yesterday though I’ve been through this many times before in the last 34 years. But, now, as I sit here, it’s not so bad except that it has made my wallet $218 lighter!

You will do just fine. I’m excited for you!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling okay today! Finally a day where the depression has bitten yet, lets hope it outlasts the day. i have been cycling a lot faster the last month which isn't a good sign but there isn't much i can do about that.

How is everyone else?:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm doing okay today still, a little annoyed with my co-workers. I was doing all the work, plus taking customers and online orders after the guy stationed there left, while all three of them were at the other pod and talking. My manager, after coming out of the office to grab another register yelled at them to help me.

One rolled her eyes and said, "Fine. I guess I'll vaccuum then." and he was like, "One of you go help Firefly at the other pod, she's currently helping a line of students get their online orders to them." It took them a bit of time before they actually came over to help me. I nearly tossed a bag of four nursing text books at one of them had the audacity to join me in the back and say, "Do you still need help?"

Do you not see the four-five students standing out there? Ugh. I told her to find the textbooks for the ones on the athletics scholarships. 18 year olds have no idea how to work do they? I don't want to sound like That, but it feels like anyone I encounter under a certain age, just has no idea how to work or haven't worked until they got to college, which isn't bad, but there's an obvious difference. And of course, not everyone under the age of 23 is like this, since there are also new workers who are overexcited to help out.

Otherwise, things are good. I'm trying to find around news paywalls because while NYT's student discount of 4/month isn't bad, having to sign up for a few others does add up.

Apparently there's a difference between a Nation and a Country. I missed what they were, but I'm sure google can help with that since I need to re-write my notes so they're more organized.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling unwell at 3.30am in the morning. i awoke a hour ago feeling sick still not over it. Luckily my mood has been really good so that is something at least.

• Friendly
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
At least you have a good mood. About feeling sick, how possible do you think that you're suffering from some mild poisoning? I remember previously how it was something in the water making you sick, and things weren't right in your blood tests. How's your eating? Oh and good morning.

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Your tone in this post is noticeably more optimistic than in your original one. Good sign.

How we feel physically/mentally at any given time has a bearing on how we handle things that come up in day to day life.

I happen to be sitting in a dermatologist’s office right now having yet ANOTHER skin cancer removed. I was quite bummed about it yesterday though I’ve been through this many times before in the last 34 years. But, now, as I sit here, it’s not so bad except that it has made my wallet $218 lighter!

You will do just fine. I’m excited for you!

That’s sad that you have skin cancer

Upvote 0