• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank brother for the post is helpful.

Sometimes the psychotic(xg. Mania ) can have “super ability”. But in most (maybe not all) cases it makes his health even worse, for what he feels is not true. Mat4:9[NRSV]and he(Satan) said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me." Satan has tempted many this way, just they often don’t feel the temptation is from Satan clearly. To the Psychotic the temptation is easier because their self-perceiving is not whole. Everyone has an Ego and wish a strong ego. Satan can help the Ego Expanding greatly and greatly through lies, in fact it is a way to destruction. God’s way is contrast. If the flesh is dead with Jesus and the spirit is alive to Jesus, the ego chooses real humble and active in God. Satan can also tempt the church this way in lies. Maybe by appearance one looks like humble and spiritual, but by inner heart his ego is expanding greatly. He chooses regarding the lies as truth, cheating himself successfully. But if the Holy Spirit in him groans and blames him and he doesn’t refuse, hope is there and the Holy Spirit doesn’t go away from him.

I am often in weakness and could not overcome some temptation, especially in the side of masturbation with unclean imagination. May God have pity on me.

Anyway, thank God for you have a deep perspective about the faithful loving truth of God. Many blessings be with you. :hug:

And Wish all here a blessed day.

So true that satan tries to expand our ego! I certainly fell for that one! 3 x 6 I got that trying to work out my own salvation in my own ability. I made an utter mesh of it.

You can see this time also as 1) the Gentiles trampling the outer court of the Temple for 42 months. 2) the placing of the abomination that causes desolation in the place where it doesn't belong - and the end of faithful prayer/sacrifice (The place our Lord ought to rule from is overcome by our flesh.) 3) the lordship of our guilty conscience through our unfaithful love. And the 'little horn' that arises out of all of that - the lawless one in us will come through our big ego, with all kind of signs and counterfeit miracles, where we will betray our Lord for self glory.

This spiritual process happens inside each one of us each time sin wins and not the obedience that flows from faith in God. And could be understood as a demonstration of God's wheels within wheels at work within our hearts though these 4 forces are very much on the wrong side of God's Word and become clear when we fight sin in the power of God's Word instead of our own abilities.

I found in my struggle with sexual sin, for I have really struggled in this part of my life as well. For my sex life had been utterly polluted before I even awoke a sexually mature person through the horrible sexual assault I suffered at the tender age of 11 or 12. the devil really made a mesh of me in this part of my life and even caused 'alter egos' to live in that part of me.

When Christ unconditional love awoke within me then my polluted sexuality took of with all of my sinful fantasies and tried to force Jesus to give me my fill in sin. In this way I certainly have walked the shoes of lawless spirit more than once in my life. The ending of those arrogant forces in my life was horrible brother. Having to fight that battle and see how terrible unfaithful I had been in my sexual life and how God's love growing in my life was being 'stolen' by those very sinful forces I had never been able to conquer and I kept on using Christ amazing grace to keep on sinning instead of repent on learn to love faithfully and rightly. It has been my most horrible battle ever let me assure you.

However Jesus won, and is winning my battle brother. His cleansing love in my sexuality is still at work every day, but what He has already been cleaned is astonishing and so nice and good to see after so many years of falling to see an real improvement there.

Our Lord is an amazing Lord brother who can certainly save us from our sin if we dare to trust in His grace and not fight sin in our own ability but surrender to His unconditional love and let wrong fight itself to death within us trying to enter the narrow gate. While Christ draws us up unto Him - one by one - until all of our inner household have entered into His Rest - our big unfaithful ego very last in line - wrong mercilessly cut out of us - while in our 'suffering the wicked ones' very much first in line, each wheel within His wheels is in this pattern.

God truly is the alpha and omega of all of us divided within by sin. Honest brother you be amazed when you see your salvation in your sexual self please keep battling the wicked and trust in grace and don't try to beat the wrong in you in your own strength but let Jesus draw it out of you and place it into hell, so His loving truth can set you free from your torment.

Remember the sheep and the goat? Now look into your sexual life and see for yourself who the sheep and who the goats in you are. The goats say you are a goat! The sheep fear they are a goat. The goats love doing it wrong and desire sin to be redeemed instead of being redeemed from sin. The sheep long for things not wrong but unavailable or out of reach and so fall for doing wrong and satisfy their natural desires. The goats love self/ego/need/desire above God's love. The goats accuse the sheep who struggle against sin but are not strong to overcome the wicked in you. The sheep love good and right to be true rather than the wrong they are tied/enslaved to. The goats 'love Jesus' so they be great and have all they want. The sheep love Jesus because they know they are wrong and need Him to be saved, humble and contrite of heart to be. The goats also try to rule it over you using God's O.T law rather than the law of love to hem you in with. The goats are not only lawless from the perspective that they love doing wrong on sinners side of the spectrum but the goats are also very much those forces who try and lord it over us when we are stuck with sin. The sheep long to die to wrong holding them captive, but the goats love to accuse you with wrong or engulf you with those hot desires and so grab hold of you time and again.

So to help the process along brother hand your unfaithful love - those goats above - over to the accuser/dragon and let him burn her and eat her with fire so that the power of her can be destroyed and you delivered from wrong in this part of your life. Not you the weak one who falls all the time, but you who decides to do sin instead of obey God's loving truth faithfully.

So make sure you accept God's unconditional love and let this grow inside the part of yourself where you are stuck with wrong, until He frees you from the evil that has you trapped and gives you a new life in Him - time and again - until all of you in that part of your life has entered His Rest and sin clinging fast has been completely washed off.

Be of very good courage brother. Jesus will certainly set you free. In the mean time I hope and pray that Christ will bring a partner into your life who can help you along with this process.

Much love brother.

In the meantime against your guilty conscience take up this lament brother, for it is not by force, nor through surrender to force, but by the liberating power of God's Spirit of grace that we overcome our addictive sins.

Ezekiel 28:1-19
"The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘In the pride of your heart
you say, “I am a god;
I sit on the throne of a god
in the heart of the seas.”
But you are a mere mortal and not a god,
though you think you are as wise as a god.
Are you wiser than Daniel?
Is no secret hidden from you?
By your wisdom and understanding
you have gained wealth for yourself
and amassed gold and silver
in your treasuries.
By your great skill in trading
you have increased your wealth,
and because of your wealth
your heart has grown proud.

“‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘Because you think you are wise,
as wise as a god,
I am going to bring foreigners against you,
the most ruthless of nations;
they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom
and pierce your shining splendor.
They will bring you down to the pit,
and you will die a violent death
in the heart of the seas.
Will you then say, “I am a god,”
in the presence of those who kill you?
You will be but a mortal, not a god,
in the hands of those who slay you.
You will die the death of the uncircumcised
at the hands of foreigners.

I have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord.’”

The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mounting were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.
You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.
You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.
Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.
By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now, sleepy. Lately I've been very anxious, and the skin-picking and hair-pulling urges are heightened. Been dealing with those for 20+ years when the anxiety hits. Also, my eyes are extremely dry and painful, as they get in the winter. I can't wait for spring already.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eevee has gotten herself stuck on the top of the cabinets like three times already.

She's not a very smart 7 month old kitty.
We had an outside cat several years ago that loved to climb trees but was terrified to climb back down. Before too long, of course, she figured it out on her own.

Over the years we had several outside kitties, all with different personalities. We kept them spayed, neutered, vaccinated and healthy, but here in the country unfortunately they don't last long due to predators. Only one got hit by a car. We can't have inside cats because of the wife's allergies, so we finally gave up on cats and have only dogs.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right now, sleepy. Lately I've been very anxious, and the skin-picking and hair-pulling urges are heightened. Been dealing with those for 20+ years when the anxiety hits. Also, my eyes are extremely dry and painful, as they get in the winter. I can't wait for spring already.
Praying you are feeling better soon.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Been in a little "coma" as I like to call them. Sleep at wrong times, wake up, play videogames (I really suck at rainbow Six Siege, let it be known), eat when I figure out I'm hungry, then wait until I sleep again. At least when I eat, it's not all kinds of crap anymore. Well sometimes it is, but at least I make the food myself for a change.

Not complaining, not important, need to get out a little more. God bless all of you.

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well sitting here in pain with my right knee and me and SO went to a work Christmas party last night and had a good time, bowled , ate good food, he played lazer tag, we played arcade games they had raffle prizes we won movie night so I"m excited we hadnt had a movie night yet, been so busy with his job and stuff at home its crazy. I pulled my knee and leg(right one) while bowling as much as I love the sport [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] felt like someone hit it with a hammer I could barely walk today and nearly fell few times,so its a bit sore and painful today. I been resting it as much as I can and walking slow with SO's cane he has to keep ballence due to it locks and shakes or nearly goes out from under me so have to be careful . I hope it'll be healed before Christmas. ><

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not sleeping much but otherwise a little better than I've been. I got an official warning today not feeling very happy about that. I hardly ever write anywhere else but here but the moment I open my mouth elsewhere trouble awaits. I do really hurt my brothers and sisters at times I know that.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been in a little "coma" as I like to call them. Sleep at wrong times, wake up, play videogames (I really suck at rainbow Six Siege, let it be known), eat when I figure out I'm hungry, then wait until I sleep again. At least when I eat, it's not all kinds of crap anymore. Well sometimes it is, but at least I make the food myself for a change.

Not complaining, not important, need to get out a little more. God bless all of you.

Good to see you around brother. I hope the rut will not deplete your good life too much. I used to get those times of desolation all the time when life became so boring and meaningless. Or don't you experience it that badly?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Good to see you around brother. I hope the rut will not deplete your good life too much. I used to get those times of desolation all the time when life became so boring and meaningless. Or don't you experience it that badly?

It's not bad, I don't get that hopeless anymore. Very much used to it. At least when I'm playing games I'm somewhat immersed and engaged so it's not like I'm just hating myself and everyone else in the process. I can watch some videos and think about stuff when I'm awake at night as well, so I hardly ever feel bored even if I was bored. I got some fantasy hockey stuff to keep an eye on too. Plenty of stuff to "do" even when I'm not really doing anything. Actually doing something is infinitely better, but this will do for now. When I was younger I couldn't handle these things very well. It didn't take much back then for me to lose my hope and wallow in destructive self-pity. I was often very very drunk too. That certainly didn't help, although the first drinks usually seemed to. I do feel lonely at times and the bitterness for lost loves creeps in every now and again but I won't surrender to it. I let it come and more gladly I let it go.

I know that eventually I'll pick myself up again and start going outside more and perhaps exercising again, it's been a while since I did anything. I did lose about 5 kg though, when I cut my soda/energy drink intake to about 2% of what it was. I used to drink them daily, a lot, for many years. Now I don't even buy them anymore.

No worries. I hope you're better too, as well as your family+dog. And the wombats nearby, if you got them.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not bad, I don't get that hopeless anymore. Very much used to it. At least when I'm playing games I'm somewhat immersed and engaged so it's not like I'm just hating myself and everyone else in the process. I can watch some videos and think about stuff when I'm awake at night as well, so I hardly ever feel bored even if I was bored. I got some fantasy hockey stuff to keep an eye on too. Plenty of stuff to "do" even when I'm not really doing anything. Actually doing something is infinitely better, but this will do for now. When I was younger I couldn't handle these things very well. It didn't take much back then for me to lose my hope and wallow in destructive self-pity. I was often very very drunk too. That certainly didn't help, although the first drinks usually seemed to. I do feel lonely at times and the bitterness for lost loves creeps in every now and again but I won't surrender to it. I let it come and more gladly I let it go.

I know that eventually I'll pick myself up again and start going outside more and perhaps exercising again, it's been a while since I did anything. I did lose about 5 kg though, when I cut my soda/energy drink intake to about 2% of what it was. I used to drink them daily, a lot, for many years. Now I don't even buy them anymore.

No worries. I hope you're better too, as well as your family+dog. And the wombats nearby, if you got them.

You got it worked out brother by the looks of it. Let the negativity come - and then simply let it go again.

I relate to trying to numb the pain in the past, though for me it was not just drink but sex and for awhile painkillers, I've used too much weed as well to try and brave the pain, but in the end nothing helped me get away from the desolation but faith in Jesus and letting go of my bad life and let The Living Word replace it with good life.

I'm going through this process right now. For days I have been gaining negativity from all around - it has me down and out a lot of the time while this is happening - like now really. However as I go through bad/hard/trialling/tempting/sad times I pass my feelings and thoughts to Jesus and let Him ground me and teach me self-control and an open and honesty way of dealing with myself as His loving truth advises.

This is the secret of surviving a depressive illness, isn't brother? Jesus teaches us as we go along life to trust and love Him and hold onto His good life even when bad life is pressing. Such is very good and blessed, for now our bad times begin to produce good life instead of more bad life, and this way we are allowed living testimonies to be and more and more freedom to live life, instead of must, do and rule.

See good to see you so strong brother even if you are weak.

Light Travel.
Your emptiness to fill with hope and faith in God's love
for forgiving yourself is not as easy as doing it wrong,
denying the accuser to blast you with his unholy fire,
eating Christ's flesh and drinking His blood instead,
pursuing peace so you can dwell at ease in His Rest.

Only ever trusting Truly Good to fix gone Badly Wrong,
leaving this numbered and demanding life behind for good,
practicing grace so you will never again lack His guidance
faithfully loving truthfully enters the narrow gate of Heaven,
Jesus Light dwelling within where once The Darkness ruled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Let the negativity come-and then simply let it go again."

Gerry, this is the essence of overcoming depression; you nailed it. In a nutshell, this is what I have begun practicing some time ago, and despite a couple minor set-backs have had significant success. But it always has to be accompanied by prayer.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is hard to believe Christmas is around the door. The Summer holidays have started for the grandkids already. We are having some over on the Weekend, which should be fun.

I've been reasonable, a little on the low side still. Very sensitive emotionally but stable mood wise. I got 8 hours sleep last night over two sleeps with a sleeping tablet and a barrage of other sleeping aids. I needed that, I haven't had a good sleep for ages.

It is going to be a beautiful day so I hope I will have some energy today. I have been extremely low on energy but got so much work laying ready to do.

Sometimes I despair myself when I'm like this. However I know it is no good pushing myself right now for I simply haven't got the energy and after a few minutes of any activity and I'm totally puffed and it takes me hours to get over, shaking lake a leaf and often nauseous and mentally in a rut.

I remember I had the same problem last major psychosis 5 years ago it last for months then as well. I'm well en truly over it by now and really wish I could get some of those chores done. Just to be able to fix my aquaponic system properly and get it running again would be a major victory. The greenhouse area is totally overgrown to Yvonne's disgust and my frustration.

Maybe we can organize a busy bee for some young people of our Church to help us out. They do do such jobs for pensioners some times, we could ask the youth clubs and see if we can get some volunteers. Might pass it past Yvonne tonight.

Anyway have a blessed day friends. I'm going to feed the chicken and the ducks and finish drinking my cuppa coffee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My cats are keeping me grounded at this point.

I hope you will stay on top of it firefly it is hard getting unwell when we have responsibilities I always struggle with those as well.

Luckily Shadow is doing great She is such a good puppy, we never had such a good puppy. Usually I have to tell her firmly when she is not allowed to do something, like digging, and after one or two warnings she gets it and doesn't do it again. It took us years to teach Roxy to stop digging. Especially when we were not there and she got bored. Shadow is only 6 months and hasn't dug for more than a month, after I finally court her in the act for the second time, for she sneaked it already behind our back after just one warning. (I hold her by her face and force her to look at me as I say no don't touch quiet angrily. She understands this command to mean anything she is not allowed to have or do, and she obeys without fuss and usual we only have to do it once.

She always wants to be with me, and I'm mostly inside, so so is she. However the moment I go to bed or am not home she wants to go outside and is only keen to come back inside when she sees I'm there. Her favourite spot is to sleep at my feet when I meditate. She loves it when I do that.

A strange habit she has, and that is that sometimes when I write to someone on the Internet she creeps up behind me and sleeps directly behind my chair, or even on top of it, which is just a few feet from her basket. And even though she got hurt a few times, for I rolled my chair back not knowing she was laying there when I finished writing, she still falls for it at times.

Strange how that goes don't you reckon? As if she knows what I'm feeling, for the moment she senses strong emotions of the good kind she wants cuddles and belly scratches. Or at least that is the only thing I can put it down to, that is why she loves me when I meditate as well, I think, for I'm always listening to love in my heart when I do that.

Animals are really very sensitive aren't they?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm ok on the outside but broken inside :(

I'm sorry to hear that. Need to talk about it? Many of us on here know how to survive depression, even if depression as an illness doesn't leave us.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
apart of some hallucinations yesterday I've been reasonable. Still lowish and still tired even though I slept 9 hours yesterday and 6.5 today it doesn't seem to add any energy at all. So energy less.

Feeling very excited right now. We bumped into a 10 ton excavator, basically for peanuts! We have had this block for 23 years now and apart of the original work we did we have done very little improvement on it. Tomorrow we are going to have a look to see if it is any good. It can dig almost 4 meters deep - which is plenty and will be strong enough to clear the bush on our land.

We have almost 15 acres of swamp land. Lush and green in Summer but 6 inches or more under water in Winter. So we just left it go wild. About 35+ percent is low laying bushland full of reeds and weeds. I want to clear that and dig most of that into massive ponds while using the dirt to high up the paddocks around them out of the rising water levels so that we can graze cattle on it Summer and Winter. I also want to put a small 'dike' around the whole block and a drain beside it so we can pump the access water out with one of those old wind mills - we love those old rustic ones. That is how we keep low laying areas dry in Holland I know very well how they do that there, having been brought up there.

If I can manage to do all that work then we will finally be able to do what we planned all those years ago. Plus it will basically add at least 30 percent value in resale terms to our property, especially if we do it up nicely.

When we finished, we simply sell the excavator again - because it is so cheap, we will most likely sell it fairly close to the price we will buy it for. So the loss on resale and the fuel use will be the total cost to add enormous value to our land - for even if we wouldn't sell the excavator in the end the profit margin is well on our side anyway.

Let you know what happens.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gerry, as you know, I drove big trucks for 28 years and I LOVE operating heavy equipment. Your excavator acquisition makes me want to catch the next flight out of Dallas to Australia! We can play in the dirt!

Glad Shadow is such a good dog. She obviously is a great comfort to you. We have a long history of having dogs (and cats), almost all from the animal shelter. Our two dogs are usually well behaved but just like kids they can and do act up.

Our old man garage band will be regularly performing starting next month, on my 64th birthday to be exact. It's fun, the extra income is nice, and it is very theraputic in helping to control depression and keeping my motor skills sharp.

One of our members has written some very good Christian music and we want to work some of it up and incorporate it into our performances.

Lately I haven't been too depressed but am battling painful unpleasant family memories. It's like I'm being baited to get upset about these wrongs all over again, like they just happened, even though most of the perpetrators are now dead. Like you stated in an earlier post, Gerry, it's so necessary to let the negativity come and then just let it leave without giving the memories power to affect my words, mood and actions in the present. I'm learning to control these thought bullies, but it often ain't easy.:|

Praying for you and all who post here.:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0