• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Dec 7, 2016
TX
✟9,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's 3 am as I write this.

My own realization of mortality has just creeped up on me. I'm 25 and spent the last 11-12 years miserable and not making any friends.

I was invited to go out so I think I'm gonna accept the invitation.

I spent the last 20 + years not only not making any new friends, but pushing the ones I had previously farther and farther away from me, until I had managed to completely isolate myself. God put some really amazing people in my path in the last year, and I find myself reaching out to them for fellowship and friendship almost constantly. I had to let go of a lot of fear and insecurity, and I had to learn to trust in a way that I had never done before. It has been worth the risk.

Accept the invitation(as long as it has no sin attached to it) and then do something really crazy. Start inviting people to do things with you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Waves n hello everyone sorry been out of action again, been so busy. Its so cold here in Texas its crazy in the 30s feels like 20s brrrr! Ive had headaches last few days again and not sure why, I think its the cold weateher n such and changes in that I dont know, my imitrex seems to help one min and not the next so I dont see my Dr till next month who orders those meds so we'll see if I need a change or not. I try to limit screen time and keep busy and watch netflix a bit to just relax while I do laundry or some house whole stuff or cooking. My Dr. suggested magnesum for headaches and it doesnt do much for me but does nothing for that but does help for my legs n every thing else. go figure? I hope everyone is ok, and havieng a good holieday seaons stay safe !

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Waves n hello everyone sorry been out of action again, been so busy. Its so cold here in Texas its crazy in the 30s feels like 20s brrrr! Ive had headaches last few days again and not sure why, I think its the cold weateher n such and changes in that I dont know, my imitrex seems to help one min and not the next so I dont see my Dr till next month who orders those meds so we'll see if I need a change or not. I try to limit screen time and keep busy and watch netflix a bit to just relax while I do laundry or some house whole stuff or cooking. My Dr. suggested magnesum for headaches and it doesnt do much for me but does nothing for that but does help for my legs n every thing else. go figure? I hope everyone is ok, and havieng a good holieday seaons stay safe !
:wave::wave: Howdy!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I strayed and got into debate about God's salvation, now I'm hurting my brothers and sisters in the faith.:prayer::prayer::prayer:

How can people call me a goat, pharisee and a heretic without knowing me, or reading what I wrote, nor using Scripture to refute me, and still self-righteously proclaim to be victorious and even try to ban me from responding?

How can CF stand by and bless such thinking? I'm despairing Christianity at the moment when will people see that to serve God we must be truthfully loving? Am I struggling today doing that. I feel so grieved at their actions and words.

Correction is impossible like this. I ask Jesus to do what I cannot do and that is confirm His loving truth in due time.

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟160,892.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I strayed and got into debate about God's salvation, now I'm hurting my brothers and sisters in the faith.:prayer::prayer::prayer:

How can people call me a goat, pharisee and a heretic without knowing me, or reading what I wrote, nor using Scripture to refute me, and still self-righteously proclaim to be victorious and even try to ban me from responding?

How can CF stand by and bless such thinking? I'm despairing Christianity at the moment when will people see that to serve God we must be truthfully loving? Am I struggling today doing that. I feel so grieved at their actions and words.

Correction is impossible like this. I ask Jesus to do what I cannot do and that is confirm His loving truth in due time.

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Truthful Loving Kindness but not the argument about theology is the most important. You are very precious in God's sight and our sights. Sometimes weakness benefits to us although nearly no one likes it. :hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truthful Loving Kindness but not the argument about theology is the most important. You are very precious in God's sight and our sights. Sometimes weakness benefits to us although nearly no one likes it. :hug:

Thanks brother I know you are right, lets love on and leave loveless times behind.

I feel better than before

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Hi press~ I hope youre well and doing ok? I try and catch up on all the postings and see how everyone is doing. I woke with a preasure headache took sinus meds so far seems to help a little I hope fully. I hope youre having a good holiday season

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi press~ I hope youre well and doing ok? I try and catch up on all the postings and see how everyone is doing. I woke with a preasure headache took sinus meds so far seems to help a little I hope fully. I hope youre having a good holiday season
With the snow storms I'm seeing in the tv news up north I'm glad I'm in Texas, though it's a bit chilly here as well, as you know.

I dealt with this so much as a long haul trucker for 28 years....ice, snow, chaining up, closed roads....don't miss it too much now that I've been retired for 4 years .:clap:

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlessedMommy05

Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
With the snow storms I'm seeing in the tv news up north I'm glad I'm in Texas, though it's a bit chilly here as well, as you know.

I dealt with this so much as a long haul trucker for 28 years....ice, snow, chaining up, closed roads....don't miss it too much now that I've been retired for 4 years .:clap:

Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah and finally cleared but temps are dropping. Been to cold to go outide brrr. I took a shower to help the headache didnt do much then took 3 advil seemto back it down a little bit but still there and oh it hurts n pounds when I get up to walk. We had a light dinner and ciniman roll for desert so kicked back all day watched Blue Blood cop show its pretty good too. Got our bedding washed and bed made so all set for bed later, SO was off last 2 days so just bee puttering aorund house staying out of the cold. Still not 100% feelng good but slow, its just weather and preasure changes that does it to me.ugh Hugs brother

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I laughed at all my friends in North Dakota and then it snowed a lot here in Montana.
Yeah, this is a bad one; lots of snow for everyone across the whole northern tier. And Portland, Seattle, Vancouver...they all have an especially bad time when it's icy; doesn't happen a lot to them.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today has been much better than I've been the past week, a real rest day it turned out to be. Yesterday I did some chores but today I visited my son and his wife, and spend quality time with Yvonne. A bit low on sleep last night, but being a bit on the up in mood was sure nice after all the stress I've been through. I wonder if this is the next stage or if things are calming down. Depends if I can get my sleep back or if it stays short nights.

blessed week to all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟160,892.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Today I visited a Charismatic church. They liked speaking strange tongues together, and prayed for the needy in strange tongues loudly. No translation.

Long time ago I could speak several kinds of strange tongue, even in the time when I was very mentally ill. So I thought it was spiritually dangerous to me and I stopped. It is not attractive to me anymore. Though I understand somebodies speak strange tongue privately but not very publicly.

In Beijing such a central city of China, many kinds of Style of faith group in CF (maybe primary) can be found. Fortunately free choice is an international principle. :wave:

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today has been much better than I've been the past week, a real rest day it turned out to be. Yesterday I did some chores but today I visited my son and his wife, and spend quality time with Yvonne. A bit low on sleep last night, but being a bit on the up in mood was sure nice after all the stress I've been through. I wonder if this is the next stage or if things are calming down. Depends if I can get my sleep back or if it stays short nights.

blessed week to all
Glad you're doing better.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I visited a Charismatic church. They liked speaking strange tongues together, and prayed for the needy in strange tongues loudly. No translation.

Long time ago I could speak several kinds of strange tongue, even in the time when I was very mentally ill. So I thought it was spiritually dangerous to me and I stopped. It is not attractive to me anymore. Though I understand somebodies speak strange tongue privately but not very publicly.

In Beijing such a central city of China, many kinds of Style of faith group in CF (maybe primary) can be found. Fortunately free choice is an international principle. :wave:

Great you can go to Church and accept fellowship like that. When it comes to Church I always have a hard time. I hate classic Church going a lot, but I love open fellowship in God's loving truth and worship the very best with other believers, but not often in my Church for there only the important trained person may speak, and no one else can be inspired by the Spirit to add or challenge.

I've been in charismatic Churches as well and found the ones I went to loud, noisy and confusing. For like with you, lots of people were speaking in tongues, no one was interpreting and everyone was going through one another. I couldn't even hear the main person up front over the noise all around me. It was not to my liking.

Also I have spoken in tongues when psychotic. In ancient Hebrew, or so I thought, whole bible passages for days on end. Not only did I speak in tongues I also spoke with body signs. Ever seen a mad man dance, watch me when I go like that. Phew utterly amazing what bodies can do when psychotic that is for sure, and the endurance compared to 'normal' is astounding. Yet it didn't heal me from my psychosis, though I thought that is what God was doing at the time through me speaking in tongues like that. I have no idea what I been saying all those days and how much unclean spirituality would have entered me believing all the lies I did. Not good speaking in tongues was therefore my experience as well and I have shied away from it ever since.

However having said this, I do believe speaking in tongues can be from God. In the past Jesus has given me (and others with me,) some wonderful prophecies through people speaking in tongues, but then there was an interpreter. If people speak in tongues without an interpreter publicly it cannot be from God, for unless they are just worshiping God by themselves. God's truth tells us how He displays His Spiritual truths in us and through us in accordance to the Word, not outside of the truths of Scripture, or only partially in the truths of Scripture, for then we do know how much we are speculating and how much is prophecy.

My experience with God's Spirit is that He always speaks very clearly and 100 percent truthfully in accordance to God's Word, (rather than religious traditions or how the harlot in us likes to see God's power displayed through us physically and publicly to bring our/her big ego self importance.) However God's truth is like lightening it lights up the darkness in us, rather than bringing about more darkness in us. Rather darkness usually means the Spirit has been grieved or pushed aside, not that He is speaking to us. If the Holy spirit does speak out of the darkness then it is about Christ's/God's/Life's suffering bad life and not anything else.

Interesting you also spoke in tongues when psychotic brother and found it a bad experience. Interesting how you also shy away from people using God's gifts unscripturally. 1 Corinthian 14 is clear enough isn't brother when it comes to worshiping God rightly in Church speaking in tongues. I much rather understand what is being said when I worship. For then I praise God not just with my spirit, but with my mind as well. I think this is really important in our worship of God - that we are in His revealing light and not in more darkness.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟160,892.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Great you can go to Church and accept fellowship like that. When it comes to Church I always have a hard time. I hate classic Church going a lot, but I love open fellowship in God's loving truth and worship the very best with other believers, but not often in my Church for there only the important trained person may speak, and no one else can be inspired by the Spirit to add or challenge.

I've been in charismatic Churches as well and found the ones I went to loud, noisy and confusing. For like with you, lots of people were speaking in tongues, no one was interpreting and everyone was going through one another. I couldn't even hear the main person up front over the noise all around me. It was not to my liking.

Also I have spoken in tongues when psychotic. In ancient Hebrew, or so I thought, whole bible passages for days on end. Not only did I speak in tongues I also spoke with body signs. Ever seen a mad man dance, watch me when I go like that. Phew utterly amazing what bodies can do when psychotic that is for sure, and the endurance compared to 'normal' is astounding. Yet it didn't heal me from my psychosis, though I thought that is what God was doing at the time through me speaking in tongues like that. I have no idea what I been saying all those days and how much unclean spirituality would have entered me believing all the lies I did. Not good speaking in tongues was therefore my experience as well and I have shied away from it ever since.

However having said this, I do believe speaking in tongues can be from God. In the past Jesus has given me (and others with me,) some wonderful prophecies through people speaking in tongues, but then there was an interpreter. If people speak in tongues without an interpreter publicly it cannot be from God, for unless they are just worshiping God by themselves. God's truth tells us how He displays His Spiritual truths in us and through us in accordance to the Word, not outside of the truths of Scripture, or only partially in the truths of Scripture, for then we do know how much we are speculating and how much is prophecy.

My experience with God's Spirit is that He always speaks very clearly and 100 percent truthfully in accordance to God's Word, (rather than religious traditions or how the harlot in us likes to see God's power displayed through us physically and publicly to bring our/her big ego self importance.) However God's truth is like lightening it lights up the darkness in us, rather than bringing about more darkness in us. Rather darkness usually means the Spirit has been grieved or pushed aside, not that He is speaking to us. If the Holy spirit does speak out of the darkness then it is about Christ's/God's/Life's suffering bad life and not anything else.

Interesting you also spoke in tongues when psychotic brother and found it a bad experience. Interesting how you also shy away from people using God's gifts unscripturally. 1 Corinthian 14 is clear enough isn't brother when it comes to worshiping God rightly in Church speaking in tongues. I much rather understand what is being said when I worship. For then I praise God not just with my spirit, but with my mind as well. I think this is really important in our worship of God - that we are in His revealing light and not in more darkness.

Peace.

Thank brother for the post is helpful.

Sometimes the psychotic(xg. Mania ) can have “super ability”. But in most (maybe not all) cases it makes his health even worse, for what he feels is not true. Mat4:9[NRSV]and he(Satan) said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me." Satan has tempted many this way, just they often don’t feel the temptation is from Satan clearly. To the Psychotic the temptation is easier because their self-perceiving is not whole. Everyone has an Ego and wish a strong ego. Satan can help the Ego Expanding greatly and greatly through lies, in fact it is a way to destruction. God’s way is contrast. If the flesh is dead with Jesus and the spirit is alive to Jesus, the ego chooses real humble and active in God. Satan can also tempt the church this way in lies. Maybe by appearance one looks like humble and spiritual, but by inner heart his ego is expanding greatly. He chooses regarding the lies as truth, cheating himself successfully. But if the Holy Spirit in him groans and blames him and he doesn’t refuse, hope is there and the Holy Spirit doesn’t go away from him.

I am often in weakness and could not overcome some temptation, especially in the side of masturbation with unclean imagination. May God have pity on me.

Anyway, thank God for you have a deep perspective about the faithful loving truth of God. Many blessings be with you. :hug:

And Wish all here a blessed day.

• Prayers
Upvote 0