• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lots of various problems dumped on me all at once, but slugging through them to find solutions one by one. Very tired from lots of manual labor climbing up/down ladders and lifting heavy objects, but currently need the work. Comes with getting old....lol!

Feeling rather irritable about stuff that shouldn't bother me, but it's just my temporary state of mind, I guess. Not feeling all that "spiritual" as well.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of various problems dumped on me all at once, but slugging through them to find solutions one by one. Very tired from lots of manual labor climbing up/down ladders and lifting heavy objects, but currently need the work. Comes with getting old....lol!

Feeling rather irritable about stuff that shouldn't bother me, but it's just my temporary state of mind, I guess. Not feeling all that "spiritual" as well.

Yep there is a time to live and a time to die, it looks like the latter suits better than the first in your case, as it is with my reality at the moment.

Interesting how that goes don't you reckon those 'nonspiritual' moments are always meaningless within themselves in ourselves at the time, just as the Preacher teaches, and yet purpose and truth can be gained from it, or flow from it, at the end of such times.

Our lives steeped in His grace never miss out in other words.

Be at peace bro

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep there is a time to live and a time to die, it looks like the latter suits better than the first in your case, as it is with my reality at the moment.

Interesting how that goes don't you reckon those 'nonspiritual' moments are always meaningless within themselves in ourselves at the time, just as the Preacher teaches, and yet purpose and truth can be gained from it, or flow from it, at the end of such times.

Our lives steeped in His grace never miss out in other words.

Be at peace bro
Thank you, Gerry. I've already solved 2 more unexpected problems since I last posted.:clap:

As has been mentioned before by others, you have a way with words; even when you aren't doing so well yourself. Thanks for being there for me.:hug:

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So.

I've given a lot of things some thought. And I've realized how happy I've been the past few days. I have not once felt depressed, heck, even with the revelation that yes one of my cats is sick, I didn't feel awful like I thought I would. Like, this is my old lady we're talking about. I've had her since I was young, she chose me over everyone else. I feel there's some hope, like she'll get through this. I'm gonna get her in tomorrow, hopefully.

I also came to the realization that people aren't as awful as I think they are Yeah, there are bad people out there and I tend to attract these people, but to make up for that, there are even more good people out there. I don't hate the human race like I used to.

I'm no longer torn up over the elections. Sure, Trump's got thin skin but after seeing how Pence handled the Hamilton cast calling him out, I don't think it will be too bad. Because I am apart of the LGBT community and consider myself a human rights activist, I'll be keeping an eye on them.

And I've decided for good, that I wanna work towards a vet degree. Yeah, I'll have to take math classes and will have to deal with awful people. And then I remembered that I can report suspected abuse. And I can save animals this way. Sure the pay isn't bad, but I won't be in it for the pay. I just want to save animals, I want to work with them. But for right now, I'll go for the English degree and transfer to a school that offers veterinary stuff.

I think, for once, I'm actually happy. Not manic. But like a genuine, "I don't want to die" happy. I've made a few friends this year, sure they're online, but I'm talking to people. Like, I don't think I want to do myself in. I don't want my cats wondering where I am (and they do search for me, according to my mom), nor do I want my friends to wonder.

And today was just. A wonderful day.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I feel great.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your blessings, just a few is plenty knowing The Lord who brings those blessings down on me and alive in me.

Please don't worry about your dad, Jesus has him covered for you asked Him to, that is all it needs isn't it? Jesus as our protector and Saviour - time and again.

Through worrying about your dad you forget to look at your Heavenly Father who wants all people to be saved, would His will be thwarted, or do you think God's longings, though long denied, will prevail in the end?

So you longing for your dad to be saved is the same longing God has stay with Him, don't let worry take you away. Just let the longing teach you in love what it means to live an example of Christ before their eyes. Clearly your dad loves you, for he looked after you at his own expense, this always proves genuine love and goodwill, use this love in him to entice him after God, for God is love as well, and if somehow Jesus can use you to cement your dad's father heart with our Heavenly Father's heart then all will be well. Pray for that. Love and honour him as much as you can, that is the best you can do ask Jesus to do do those things you can't do fro you and see where that gets you with regard to your dad. Simply keep longing after your dad to be Christ's and never stop doing that until he has become alive in Christ.

Be of good courage the prayers of a righteous man are worth much. Maybe we can arrange a time where we both, and others might join, praying for your dad's spiritual welfare, such can be very powerful as well.

much love brother

Thank you very much for your care for my father! Things are complex. My kindred has complex west and East (Chinese) Asian gene. He and I grew up in a surrounding of Atheism (Chinese Marxism). He is not only scientific and Atheist, but also has a little passion for Islam, because his father was a local (in a Chinese little town) Islamic leader. I learn from Christianity and Judaism. Fortunately my home is not a battlefield. He is scientific so he favors western democracy,science and freedom. He is not satisfied with me mostly because I am not married and I have not a whole time job.

I am very thankful for your prayer for him, I think it is effective. Recently I meet a Christian lady, maybe she loves me. I think if I marry later, it will shock him. My future wife will be the most important role to help him change. I think we can pray for him individually, not necessary in the same time. The prayer style of face to face can be completed in local church.

I am glad you are feeling better the past few days, the support from your family is very necessary. You show great love to others and God gives you more love. :hug:

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So.

I've given a lot of things some thought. And I've realized how happy I've been the past few days. I have not once felt depressed, heck, even with the revelation that yes one of my cats is sick, I didn't feel awful like I thought I would. Like, this is my old lady we're talking about. I've had her since I was young, she chose me over everyone else. I feel there's some hope, like she'll get through this. I'm gonna get her in tomorrow, hopefully.

I also came to the realization that people aren't as awful as I think they are Yeah, there are bad people out there and I tend to attract these people, but to make up for that, there are even more good people out there. I don't hate the human race like I used to.

I'm no longer torn up over the elections. Sure, Trump's got thin skin but after seeing how Pence handled the Hamilton cast calling him out, I don't think it will be too bad. Because I am apart of the LGBT community and consider myself a human rights activist, I'll be keeping an eye on them.

And I've decided for good, that I wanna work towards a vet degree. Yeah, I'll have to take math classes and will have to deal with awful people. And then I remembered that I can report suspected abuse. And I can save animals this way. Sure the pay isn't bad, but I won't be in it for the pay. I just want to save animals, I want to work with them. But for right now, I'll go for the English degree and transfer to a school that offers veterinary stuff.

I think, for once, I'm actually happy. Not manic. But like a genuine, "I don't want to die" happy. I've made a few friends this year, sure they're online, but I'm talking to people. Like, I don't think I want to do myself in. I don't want my cats wondering where I am (and they do search for me, according to my mom), nor do I want my friends to wonder.

And today was just. A wonderful day.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I feel great.
I'm really glad you posted this; it shows some real progress. Especially when you mentioned that you didn't feel it was just fluctuating emotions but rather you had turned a corner.

When the down times come again in your life you can remember this period and realize that there is hope.

And pursue that dream! When I was 23 I took a gamble and determined to accomplish the goal I really wanted, not what others thought I should do with my life. After a year of crappy jobs and paying my dues, my goal was reached.

Good for you! And prayers for your pet's good health as well.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm really glad you posted this; it shows some real progress. Especially when you mentioned that you didn't feel it was just fluctuating emotions but rather you had turned a corner.

When the down times come again in your life you can remember this period and realize that there is hope.

And pursue that dream! When I was 23 I took a gamble and determined to accomplish the goal I really wanted, not what others thought I should do with my life. After a year of crappy jobs and paying my dues, my goal was reached.

Good for you! And prayers for your pet's good health as well.

I'm just really scared that this might be a phase and I'll lose it. But like all of this feels so genuine. I'm still flying high, and it's even more so now that my favorite online writer has noticed the stuff I've written and complimented it. Even to her friends, she praised it.

True!

I just hope it works out this time around. Like I know I'll have to deal with things that I may not want to deal with, but for the animals, I'll suck it up.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Jade has an ulcer. And she was given medication to line her stomach so she'll keep down her food. She isn't taking it well, and spits it back up. Unfortunately, it's liquid.

She's a crabby old lady.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jade has an ulcer. And she was given medication to line her stomach so she'll keep down her food. She isn't taking it well, and spits it back up. Unfortunately, it's liquid.

She's a crabby old lady.
Check with the vet. Perhaps "disguising" the med by combining it with honey or mixing it in milk might help. Just a thought.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back from Perth, mother in law well, I've had it. Going to bed.
Thank God for answered prayer! Sleep well, friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Check with the vet. Perhaps "disguising" the med by combining it with honey or mixing it in milk might help. Just a thought.

I'll give her a call tomorrow!

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First time in many days that I have nothing I absolutely "have to do". Feels good, like a mini vacation.:)

All the extra money I've made....poof!.....it's gone; already in someone else's pocket. But this was God's provision to cover unexpected problems and expenses, and I have a heart filled with gratitude for His provision this morning.

Looking forward to getting back to my music.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling exhausted but not sure why, I've been sleeping reasonable well lately. I'm nauseated at the moment as well. Maybe going to Perth took more out of me then I thought, though I did find the trip heavy, it has been taken the mickey out of me. Didn't realise that I'm so weak physically at the moment.

• Prayers
Upvote 0