• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A little bit uncertain. The word is just falling apart, and yet people seem to think that everything is getting better and better in life. How can you go about your life knowing that Christians are being slaughtered in the Middle East and businesses are being burned down in Baltimore and say that humanity is glorious? Is that just something people tell themselves when they're in an orgy or something?

Our whole society just doesn't care. They don't care about Christians, they don't care about their children, they don't care about black people, they don't care about drug addicts or people who suffer their whole lives, they don't anything except themselves. I'm sick and tired of everyone trying to make this world into this unstable utopia. Can't people like liberals just get over the fact that not everyone agrees with them, and then move on? Maybe if we all stopped assuming things about each other we could get along and not act like childish, immature babies just because we don't get what we want in 2 seconds.

I don't really know what I'm upset about. I guess I just wish that my prayers could actually do something. I feel like I coudl pray for all of you on here and it would hardly do a thing. Maybe my requests are too specific? Maybe God needs corporate prayer? Ancient Hebrew culture was a collectivist society. Maybe God only answers prayers for something world-changing when a million people do it?

But that's not fair. We don't have enough Christians willing to do that. We've let Satan make up our minds for us. :(

I just had to put this out here. Why is it that this happens on all the beautiful days?

Just in case you want a pick me up.

Also, what makes you think prayer isn't working? What if it is, but you're just not seeing it? I may not believe in it, but believe me when I say this: when someone says "I'm praying for you", it is literally one of the nicest and greatest things I can hear from someone. Because they're taking time out of their day to talk to a higher power just because they care.

Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just in case you want a pick me up.

Also, what makes you think prayer isn't working? What if it is, but you're just not seeing it? I may not believe in it, but believe me when I say this: when someone says "I'm praying for you", it is literally one of the nicest and greatest things I can hear from someone. Because they're taking time out of their day to talk to a higher power just because they care.

This may be a bit out the blue, but to hear one who is not of the faith say that is extremely encouraging to me. I have been trying to keep you and many of the other members who post here in my prayers, but honestly, I am bit hesitant to proclaim this to a professed atheist. Though I mean well, I had concerns that it might rub such an individual the wrong way; it is nice to hear differently.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, chaotic. I had no idea there was a website dedicated to good news!

I'm feeling better now about the power of prayer. At times it's the only thing I can do to try and improve things :)

Upvote 0

Cracklin Rose

May 2, 2015
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
was feeling terrible yesterday but doing good today. amazing how much difference sleeping and eating make on mood. whenever I start having thoughts like "god im so tired of this life" its my cue that I need to sleep.

even in the OT Elijah was having a time where he wanted to kill himself, and an angel came to him and was like "dude, you need to sleep!!"

what's interesting, is people say depressed people sleep too much, but you can sleep 14 hours a day, but that doesn't mean you are getting good sleep, maybe ya got sleep apnea or some allergy problem that's not giving you healthy REM sleep (that's where you get the benefit from sleep). sadly from what I've seen for every person struggling with mental illness, there is a physiological problem that goes ignored so the mental health industry can continue to make billions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
was feeling terrible yesterday but doing good today. amazing how much difference sleeping and eating make on mood. whenever I start having thoughts like "god im so tired of this life" its my cue that I need to sleep.

even in the OT Elijah was having a time where he wanted to kill himself, and an angel came to him and was like "dude, you need to sleep!!"

what's interesting, is people say depressed people sleep too much, but you can sleep 14 hours a day, but that doesn't mean you are getting good sleep, maybe ya got sleep apnea or some allergy problem that's not giving you healthy REM sleep (that's where you get the benefit from sleep). sadly from what I've seen for every person struggling with mental illness, there is a physiological problem that goes ignored so the mental health industry can continue to make billions.

I can't help but agree with you. Last night I was basically ranting in my head about a bunch of stuff I really didn't need to get upset over. I started to realize that I just needed to get to sleep and not be so pointlessly angry.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Exhausted. V exhausted. I hate how deep my anxiety lies and I hate how seroquel makes me feel akin to someone strangling me and poured cement up my nose. I know I need a new psych so I can go on Ambien but I'd feel bad :/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exhausted. V exhausted. I hate how deep my anxiety lies and I hate how seroquel makes me feel akin to someone strangling me and poured cement up my nose. I know I need a new psych so I can go on Ambien but I'd feel bad :/

Do what is best for you, not what outside forces are trying to make you feel.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't help but agree with you. Last night I was basically ranting in my head about a bunch of stuff I really didn't need to get upset over. I started to realize that I just needed to get to sleep and not be so pointlessly angry.

I found that it is no good controlling it with mind control it has to do with forgiving, also yourself, for the sake of being free from our often unholy power of anger.

It took me years to master anger and I still have times that I'm weak and fall.:blush:

A graceful quick to forgive heart has the most control and much inner peace.:thumbsup:

you can't get that through mind control but you can get there by sowing God's good into your heart.

Peace

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.