• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That is how my flu started 10 days on I'm still not better, I hope you will recover quicker than that.
I think it can take at least 3 weeks to a month without any antibiotics, but I hope it doesn't take that long for you. Flus and colds can last at least 2 weeks, maybe longer, but I hope your immune system picks up soon.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am SO EXCITED about May 1st.... I am going to have my in depth initial pre counseling with a doc who specializes in Cognitive behavioral therapy for my coping issues. Yeah 8 weeks is a while but not really considering this woman is so good that she has a waiting list. You all cant imagine how happy I am! I pray that I do NOT miss this call I NEED THIS THERAPY and I can do it! I have already told my dear close friends about this news first and now i wanted to share this with you all, I am so excited I CAN GET ON with my life! I will keep u all posted! 's
*please excuse the mistakes it is hard for me to type with my injury to my finger.

That's great news, sweetie - I'm so glad. It's worth waiting for a really good therapist. Praying that it proves to be very helpful.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, aside from my headphones malfunctioning somewhat (or so it seems, the music is coming out of them weirdly) I'm fine. :) I had this weird thought this morning that I get sometimes which I like to call "gift guilt", but I'm better now. Thankfully that sort of anxiety never lasts for long. But it is giving me this nagging feeling to go learn some stuff about a very specific topic.
Glad things are ok, brother - praying that it continues that way :)

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is great news Flower, I really hope and pray that this counsellor can help you with her therapy.
THANK YOU tons dear bro I am keeping the positive attitude about it:thumbsup: :hug::hug::hug::hug:

That's great news, sweetie - I'm so glad. It's worth waiting for a really good therapist. Praying that it proves to be very helpful.
Thank you sweet sis and you are so right it is worth waiting!!!:clap::hug::hug::hug:
That is how my flu started 10 days on I'm still not better, I hope you will recover quicker than that.
I am praying for you to get better very soon. Try not to over do things even when you think u are felling better just remember to take things slowly! :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::hug::hug::hug:

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Struggling with frustration over the fact that the more I try and fight my lustful urges, the worse they are. It's practically OCD, with just a compulsion and know obsessive thoughts. So just "pure-C", I guess. But it's terrible. Why couldn't I have just been a normal guy who got some girlfriends in high school and when on casual dates with them? My little brother (he's 13!) is doing that now, how come he got a girlfriend when I never did? I blame my Asperger's. Never knew how to really ask a girl out and so I turned to quasi-inappropriate content to fill the loneliness, and now I've trained myself to covet the things I can't have.

But I've got to stay strong and flee temptation. I want to get out of this and into a healthy opposite-sex relationship.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.