• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is this related to the previous post about your best friend?
We all feel that we're ignored and that no one really cares about us, including the people that we have opened up to and have invested so much energy into. If you feel like a specific person is floating away I'd like to remind you that you can't force anyone to be your friend, relationship is something consensual and keep in mind that life is change, we all change which proves that we are alive. If someone changes in the opposite direction from you and they no longer desire to be with you the wisest thing to do is to be calm and let them go, don't force them to consent to something they don't want to.
Now if you feel that everyone is drifting away you need to remind yourself that you can't always trust your feelings, they lie as much as they tell the truth. Look around you and I'm pretty sure there are people that want to connect with you but you are so deep in your melancholy that you don't really realise you're actually ignoring them.
I pray that God will give you wisdom dealing with the everyday drama that unfortunately all humans have to deal with .

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today we remember how Jesus rose from the dead. Greatest battle in history successfully completed.

What a comfort we may have, even death can't beat us now, Heaven is assured for those who love Him and have put their faith in Him.

A day to celebrate:bow:

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feeling a bit ashamed over how slow I am. I feel like my attention span is slipping, and I'm so darn lazy. I can't focus on anything anymore unless it's a video game or something. People send me PMs and emails, and then I go off and do something else and forget all about them and it takes me OVER 3 HOURS to get back to them. It wasn't important, so I didn't need to answer at a specific point in time, but I could have kept the conversation going if I wasn't so freaking slow.

I WAS going to write today, but nowadays there's no telling I'll be able to do that. I could just get caught up in some bizarre or anxious thought and then just do that.

I can't go outside because it's rainy and wet all the time. I can't go for a walk because then people outside see me and my awkward gait in public and then I have to do nothing but think about my thoughts, usually by getting anxious about them or something. All I can do is sit around inside, even though it's SUPPOSED to be my "spring break". Not that it matters, they've already given me tons of stuff to do for when I get back. Too much to think about, and I'm constantly procrastinating. :(

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Very anxious. I would rather go anywhere but there. The sick part of me wants to do some pretty bad things.

I hate that place.
What place? Care to elaborate? Just trying to help if I can.:hug:

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feeling a bit ashamed over how slow I am. I feel like my attention span is slipping, and I'm so darn lazy. I can't focus on anything anymore unless it's a video game or something. People send me PMs and emails, and then I go off and do something else and forget all about them and it takes me OVER 3 HOURS to get back to them. It wasn't important, so I didn't need to answer at a specific point in time, but I could have kept the conversation going if I wasn't so freaking slow.

I WAS going to write today, but nowadays there's no telling I'll be able to do that. I could just get caught up in some bizarre or anxious thought and then just do that.

I can't go outside because it's rainy and wet all the time. I can't go for a walk because then people outside see me and my awkward gait in public and then I have to do nothing but think about my thoughts, usually by getting anxious about them or something. All I can do is sit around inside, even though it's SUPPOSED to be my "spring break". Not that it matters, they've already given me tons of stuff to do for when I get back. Too much to think about, and I'm constantly procrastinating. :(
Maybe you can make a list of things you want to do. Try not being so hard on yourself. It will only make you more anxious. Can you do something you really like and try to relax doing that? Just trying to help. Not sure what to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, Ruth. I think I handled it well. I took that "I'm lazy" energy and decided to start writing like I said I was going to. Sure, it was only like 2,000 words and one chapter of something that was already technically written years ago, but it was something. That made me feel better :)

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm supposed to be meeting a girl for coffee tomorrow, and I'm really anxious for two reasons. The first is that while she had originally wanted to meet me purely to be real life friends as opposed to knowing each other solely through a dating site and FB, I'm not sure if her intent is still totally platonic. Secondly, I don't know what she has planned, and would feel really strange saying when my family got home "I was hanging around with some girl I've never met before all afternoon", especially if I ended up getting home later than they do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm supposed to be meeting a girl for coffee tomorrow, and I'm really anxious for two reasons. The first is that while she had originally wanted to meet me purely to be real life friends as opposed to knowing each other solely through a dating site and FB, I'm not sure if her intent is still totally platonic. Secondly, I don't know what she has planned, and would feel really strange saying when my family got home "I was hanging around with some girl I've never met before all afternoon", especially if I ended up getting home later than they do.

Play it by ear! Go in with friendly intentions. Who knows, you two might might hit it off and it may develop. Better to have tried. Even if you two don't hit it off romantically, at least you made a friend.

Where you go is none of their business. Divulge whatever information you feel most comfortable with. "Oh, I met up with someone today" and keep it at that.

Good luck tomorrow! Be friendly, open, honest. Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Play it by ear! Go in with friendly intentions. Who knows, you two might might hit it off and it may develop. Better to have tried. Even if you two don't hit it off romantically, at least you made a friend.

Where you go is none of their business. Divulge whatever information you feel most comfortable with. "Oh, I met up with someone today" and keep it at that.

Good luck tomorrow! Be friendly, open, honest. Etc.

Super good advice, Mikha'el! She wrote exactly what I would have. Also, be a good listener and ask questions about her & be genuinely be interested in her thoughts, feelings, opinions, ect. Then share yours. Surely you'll find some common ground. Put romantic possibilities aside for now. I think you will be more relaxed. I also agree that you owe no explanation to your family; it's a personal matter.

I dated a woman once & saw her only twice. I'll never forget that she said: "You're the only man who ever treated me like a lady". This statement blew me away and I felt this rather sad coming from a 35 yr. old never married woman. I was 30. She suffered a lot of abuse from guys because she was a looker w/ a killer figure & before I came along none of her prospects cared about her feelings, opinions, ect. She talked and talked and talked. I was like her psychologist or something but what she needed was somebody just to listen. Long story short, we lived in different states so eventually went our separate was but remained friends.

I'll answer your PM soon, Mikha'el. Right now I'm majorly stressed and in a huge depression funk. I am confident your meeting with this woman will be a positive one.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I thin it is great that you are meeting someone. Just have fun and enjoy getting to know her. You never know.
As far as the family, your not 14, so who cares what they think

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Confident and happy and inspired. I got a raise at work, and was told by quite a few customers they're glad I work where I work because I make their experience so much more pleasent.

Next pay check, I'll be signing up for SATs! I can do this.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Confident and happy and inspired. I got a raise at work, and was told by quite a few customers they're glad I work where I work because I make their experience so much more pleasent.

Next pay check, I'll be signing up for SATs! I can do this.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm happy to see that so many of you are having a good time now :D

It says somewhere in the bible that the strong will carry the weak, but then they will reverse the roles.
I'm really depressed because I just realised how stuphid I am, I have made a lot of unwise decisions that I have to take responsibility for now, why am I so freaking blind?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.