• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Everyone,

Prayers out for those who need it and pray for peace for everyone and happy Easter a bit early. Things here have been a semi-nightmare. My SO blew a head gasket on the car cant fix it at this time, so we got the small pick up going and driving that which is a blessing and so far the truck is holding oil pressure and every thing.

I see my Dr on Mon and been battling trying get med's refilled and called them today to leave a message I need 2 others total of 4 I need. So, she said she would let Dr know. I hope by tomorrow they'll all be in and filled. I've been having major headaches with the storms rolling through and stress about stuff which I know, God is in control just have to keep remembering that each day n take a step a time. Just been super busy. Anxiety hits me when I don't want it to blah!

Big hugs to all
Hello, I'm very sorry to hear about the car and meds, may these problems get solved soon as possible, my prayers goes out to you :)

I feel my best friend slipping away from me. Again. I don't know how many times I can do this.
This is very sad indeed, ultimately every human will hurt us, not because they mean it, just because they're human. You have to give space if your best friend needs that. My prayers goes out for you too. God bless :)

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feeling pretty down. I gained some of my lost weight back, 4 pounds, and I've been beating myself up mercilessly. Plus someone I've been talking to on FB told me he was disappointed at me for gaining the weight. I felt even worse. Then he yelled at me how to lose weight with exclamation points after it. He also said he had faith in me but that hardly helped. Why is it people can be so hard on others who are overweight!!

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Feeling pretty down. I gained some of my lost weight back, 4 pounds, and I've been beating myself up mercilessly. Plus someone I've been talking to on FB told me he was disappointed at me for gaining the weight. I felt even worse. Then he yelled at me how to lose weight with exclamation points after it. He also said he had faith in me but that hardly helped. Why is it people can be so hard on others who are overweight!!

What a mean friend. I'm sure he meant well, but he has to understand that setbacks happen. Especially in the weight loss area. Have you seen your doctor about it? The crash diets that are popular, I've heard, never really help and are only detrimental, and for diets, you should always talk to your doctor or a nutritionist so they can help you set up a good meal plan that works well for you.

:hug: In hindsight, four pounds isn't that bad! You got knocked back, and all you can do now is get back on your feet and try again.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hopeful.

I'm looking at a college in this city I want to move to, and it offers the two majors I want (Education-English (Secondary) and History), and I plan on calling administration Tuesday about the GPA thing because it was so bad in high school due to depression, but my senior year, I was on the A/B honor roll all year round. I have yet to take my SATs, which is another requirement (21/1000, is the lowest score) but since it contains two of my strongest suits (history and english, and essay, I think), I thought score higher than 21.

I really, really hope this works out.

Upvote 0

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can relate to weight lost goals, I did it, I lost over 12 kilos(22 pounds) just to gain the double after a few months, then lost half of that :p you have to be strict with yourself so I can see why your friend gave you the strict answer, but don't beat yourself up so much, I usually fluctuated 11 pounds, I am totally serious so don't worry about such a petty number it's OK, just make sure you keep persevering and don't give up!
I have faith that you can make it :D And I'll pray that God helps you in any way he sees fit. God bless.

Hopeful.

I'm looking at a college in this city I want to move to, and it offers the two majors I want (Education-English (Secondary) and History), and I plan on calling administration Tuesday about the GPA thing because it was so bad in high school due to depression, but my senior year, I was on the A/B honour roll all year round. I have yet to take my SATs, which is another requirement (21/1000, is the lowest score) but since it contains two of my strongest suits (history and english, and essay, I think), I thought score higher than 21.

I really, really hope this works out.
Good luck, I can totally relate to sucking at school due to depression, I'm just above the water with my university, had to repeat 1 year because I failed almost all of the subjects. But if it's something you like, you'll be OK :D I really, really hope this works out for you too.

I feel sad tonight :( I can't get over stuff. Time isn't healing me :(
I'm very sorry to hear that you can't get over stuff, time is actually healing you, but it takes time, don't expect to easily go over it in a few weeks, sometimes you just have to hang on, so just hang on man, it will get better, I will be praying for you, you're not going trough this alone, God is with you and suffers along, so don't loose heart, just hang on!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,759.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am happy to see that you did a step forward away from the unfortunate dangers of politics in china, I will pray that Yeshua will provide help and insight throughout your path, although we both know He does it already :)
Will also pray for your dad, happy to hear that he's doing better.

May God bless your path too, it is kind of you.:)

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What a mean friend. I'm sure he meant well, but he has to understand that setbacks happen. Especially in the weight loss area. Have you seen your doctor about it? The crash diets that are popular, I've heard, never really help and are only detrimental, and for diets, you should always talk to your doctor or a nutritionist so they can help you set up a good meal plan that works well for you.

:hug: In hindsight, four pounds isn't that bad! You got knocked back, and all you can do now is get back on your feet and try again.
Thank you. Tomorrow I will start back on the diet. I have to go shopping. I've been to a dietician and my doctor gave me a good idea of what to eat. I appreciate all you've said. Yes, he was being mean to say that!

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope you all have a Happy Easter Sunday. I went shopping and got nutritious food to start back on my diet tomorrow. I'm not totally strict on myself. I allow myself to have free days when I eat anything I want but only once a week. I do eat some bread but not white and will be only having the minimum on that. I bought lots of protein and veggies and fruit and that is what my doctor recommended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can relate to weight lost goals, I did it, I lost over 12 kilos(22 pounds) just to gain the double after a few months, then lost half of that :p you have to be strict with yourself so I can see why your friend gave you the strict answer, but don't beat yourself up so much, I usually fluctuated 11 pounds, I am totally serious so don't worry about such a petty number it's OK, just make sure you keep persevering and don't give up!
I have faith that you can make it :D And I'll pray that God helps you in any way he sees fit. God bless.

Good luck, I can totally relate to sucking at school due to depression, I'm just above the water with my university, had to repeat 1 year because I failed almost all of the subjects. But if it's something you like, you'll be OK :D I really, really hope this works out for you too.

I'm very sorry to hear that you can't get over stuff, time is actually healing you, but it takes time, don't expect to easily go over it in a few weeks, sometimes you just have to hang on, so just hang on man, it will get better, I will be praying for you, you're not going trough this alone, God is with you and suffers along, so don't loose heart, just hang on!
Seems that you are one who has no mercy on the overweight. I could be wrong but from what you said...

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite sleepy. I'm still struggling with insomnia. I hadn't been sleeping much at all. Now I'm sleeping more, but at the wrong time of day, and I'm working on getting myself back in sync with the clock. It's 6:30 PM here, and I think it will be reasonable to go to bed pretty soon. Then maybe tomorrow night, I can hold out until 8:00, after that 9:00, etc. and be back to normal hours.

Upvote 0

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quite sleepy. I'm still struggling with insomnia. I hadn't been sleeping much at all. Now I'm sleeping more, but at the wrong time of day, and I'm working on getting myself back in sync with the clock. It's 6:30 PM here, and I think it will be reasonable to go to bed pretty soon. Then maybe tomorrow night, I can hold out until 8:00, after that 9:00, etc. and be back to normal hours.
Still not feeling well, very tired but not sleeping well:o
Hello, fellow insomniac here too, it's really irritating when you can't sleep or sleep at the wrong time, in the wrong places, my prayer goes out for you two, may God help you have a normal sleeping schedule.
Seems that you are one who has no mercy on the overweight. I could be wrong but from what you said...
I think it's a misunderstanding, what I basically meant was that you shouldn't care that your weight fluctuates a little (4 pounds) as long as you continue with your diet, now as far as I know (I may be wrong but) a diet also includes the days that you are eating what you want.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.