France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This forum is less and less active .. As I am currently dealing with professional orientation for my studies, I wonder what do you want to do for your own studies and where do you think you could be next year?
Just curious of course :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ada Lovelace

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well next year I'm gonna be a senior and I'm hoping that I can continue on with my Japanese learning. I also want to take some digital media classes next year because I think it will help with the kind of career I want. Then there's having to choose which college I want to go to and I still haven't decided.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'll be in the 11th grade next yr. I'll be taking more CS classes so I'm really excited about that. I go to an online school so the nice thing is I can travel. My mom is working in Europe a lot & we're looking into me staying there for way longer. There's a music conservatory that is super amazing & I want to see if I can take classes w them. Idk yet. It's pretty exciting!

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The activity in this section of the forum has slowed to a drip, drip, drip. What does the professional orientation for your studies entail, @thehehe ? :)

In September I'll begin my second year at Stanford! That is so surreal to me. It feels like just yesterday I was in high school dreaming about college, and now I'm living my dream. We have a special three-week residential summer program called Sophomore College that I'm enormously excited about because it involves traveling and studying. I've applied for three courses, and will find out next month which ones I've been accepted into. *Crossing fingers and toes* They are competitive, but since I applied for three my chances are strong I'll get into at least one. I'd be really happy with any of the three courses. One is in Paris! https://undergrad.stanford.edu/prog...es/les-existentialistes-beauvoir-camus-sartre
:) :) :) The other two are in Patagonia, and Washington, DC.

I'll have to decide on my major next year and declare it. Yikes! There's three that captivate me. I'll need to use something other than the eenie, meenie, miny, mo strategy to choose, haha. I'm also hoping to spend the winter quarter of 2017 on a study abroad program in Cape Town, South Africa.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In the Latin quarter? How awesome! I dream of a classe préparatoire at the lycée Henri IV which is on this quarter. If you are accepted there,and me too, we will have to meet! Well now I cannot be sure of being accepted there, as this is very very competitive (the most competitive in France). I want to do something called a classe préparatoire École des Chartes (Prépa Chartes) in order to integrate the École des Chartes for becoming archivist or museum curator. I will know on June if I am accepted. I also cross my fingers!

Henri IV
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycée_Henri-IV

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Well next year I'm gonna be a senior and I'm hoping that I can continue on with my Japanese learning. I also want to take some digital media classes next year because I think it will help with the kind of career I want. Then there's having to choose which college I want to go to and I still haven't decided.

Can you speak / read Japanese? That's amazing if you can.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Are you in Paris now @thehehe ? That is so exciting. I'm dreaming of being in Paris right now. That would be so amazing. I miss Europe a lot.
Not yet, I will move on the end of the month :) It is going to be very different, Paris is a very special place, and I will have amazing studies!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You are so lucky @thehehe! Lucky to be able to live in Paris this year & lucky that your studies don't start until the end of next month. School starts on the 22nd for me. Monday. Shudders. :( Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly pumped about this yr & I know it's going to be on point, but it's still summer. I want to still be on summer break. It would be so fantastic if they'd hold off on starting school until September.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I start the 1st September!
Be brave, only one year and then holidays again :p Did you have a nice first day of school?

I did! Thanks! I really do love everything about this year. I just wish summer could have lasted longer! It was the best. :) Still jelly you're in PARIS for the year. What a dream come true!

Upvote 0