What are you currently studying in the bible?

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I want to steal some of your bible study ideas. :)
I'm currently reading the Book of Matthew and reading the bible in a year (messing up horribly on the latter) but after Matthew, I wanted to go into a topical study and wanted to know what some of you guys were studying?

I am leaning more on doing a topical study about "God proving Himself to others in the Scriptures? But I don't know, I need to do a study on gossiping and keeping my mouth shut, but I'm running away from that one at the moment....... anyways, what's yours?

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey sis, you should come down to "christian scriptures" (on this forum). We are studying everything right now down there, too much to list. Sion, the hours on the cross, the key of David, Judas, the law and testimony, the wilderness seasons, Galgotha and what that signifies, the Seven eyes on the stone (and what that signifies) and how things connect, the Ensign, and many others.

I love doing that myself, we got some decent topics started and talking bout them and comparing the scriptures together. It might be something you would be interested in

God bless you

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
the 7 churches of Revelation.
Studying one church each week, what they did right, what they did wrong, are the churches in Revelation like or unlike our church today, etc.
We're on the church of Smyrna right now.:)

Upvote 0

Migdala

Follower of Yeshua
May 7, 2010
USA
✟8,563.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Your Bible study sounds a lot like mine right now. lol Every morning I read from my "One year Bible" that gives a verse or two of the OT, the NT, a Psalms, and a Proverb. And then throughout the day, whenever I have time, I just read through the Bible (I'm in Matthew now), and a lot of times I just randomly open it up and read whatever I come across.

I'm also studying about demons and spiritual warfare, and then I am just starting a Bible study book I bought on basic Christian doctrines that is fill in the blank-I LOVE fill in the blank Bible Studies! I actually have a lot I still need to finish! lol

I'm also studying about OSAS and returning to the Lord after losing salvation or backsliding. I'm also studying more on the work of the Holy Spirit and conviction of sin.

Lots to study-I need to just do one at a time, but I never am able to do that! lol

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if it's really bible study. I'm just reading it at this time. When adult ed. starts up again in the fall at my Church, then, maybe some of that will be discussed, although, we'll be reading many books and watching a video, so don't know.

I'm reading the Wisdom of Sirach right now, and it's incredible and excellent.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Acts for about 5 months then 3 months on Ruth and Judges, next up is 1st Timothy.
(lamplightersusa.org is wher i've been getting the study guides i've been using) it's intentional in discipleship and application.
highly recommend their books.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I'm currently about in the middle of Ecclesiastes and was also reading Galatians a couple times.
I LOVE both Ecclesiastes and Galatians. Ecc. 3:1-8 is probably one of my favorite passages ever in the OT. :) And Galatians 5:15 is awesome. Not to take away anything from Scripture, the entire thing is beautifully written. :)

Your Bible study sounds a lot like mine right now. lol Every morning I read from my "One year Bible" that gives a verse or two of the OT, the NT, a Psalms, and a Proverb. And then throughout the day, whenever I have time, I just read through the Bible (I'm in Matthew now), and a lot of times I just randomly open it up and read whatever I come across.

I'm also studying about demons and spiritual warfare, and then I am just starting a Bible study book I bought on basic Christian doctrines that is fill in the blank-I LOVE fill in the blank Bible Studies! I actually have a lot I still need to finish! lol

I'm also studying about OSAS and returning to the Lord after losing salvation or backsliding. I'm also studying more on the work of the Holy Spirit and conviction of sin.

Lots to study-I need to just do one at a time, but I never am able to do that! lol
That's a lot of bible studying, but nothing wrong with that. The Holy Spirit is an amazing study, you really get an appreciation for the silent God. He is much more involved than I realized when I studied Him. :) I'm reading the bible Chronologically--pretty interesting. :)

What's the name of your "fill in the blank" bible studies? That sounds interesting. I don't really like using devo books but this one sounds interesting.

Particularly, the Pauline epistles.
I love Paul's epistles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeInChrist

Jul 13, 2011
✟16,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been reading the Bible from the beginning, a chapter or a few chapters a day, since last Fall.

I felt after a while that I really needed to read some of the New Testament along with the Old Testament, and then I felt I really should always be reading something from one of the Gospels or Acts, too. So now a lot of times it's a chapter from the OT, a chapter from a NT epistle, and a chapter from a Gospel. Sometimes I feel drawn to focus on just a few verses or more than one chapter.

I'm liking this pattern of reading, and it's interesting how things feel or line up sometimes, or how a book of the Bible feels after reading the books before it.

I've thought about getting a chronological Bible and following it through, after I finish reading through the Bible this first time.

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I've been reading the Bible from the beginning, a chapter or a few chapters a day, since last Fall.

I felt after a while that I really needed to read some of the New Testament along with the Old Testament, and then I felt I really should always be reading something from one of the Gospels or Acts, too. So now a lot of times it's a chapter from the OT, a chapter from a NT epistle, and a chapter from a Gospel. Sometimes I feel drawn to focus on just a few verses or more than one chapter.

I'm liking this pattern of reading, and it's interesting how things feel or line up sometimes, or how a book of the Bible feels after reading the books before it.

I've thought about getting a chronological Bible and following it through, after I finish reading through the Bible this first time.
Pretty cool studies, you're doing lots of readings as well. :)

Upvote 0