• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

What are YOU currently reading? (5)

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by ChrisBot, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KinaBolina

KinaBolina Living in Jesus

+36
    Christian
    US-Republican
    Love's Enduring Promise - Janette Oke
    I really enjoy Janette's writing style because she researches before she puts pen to paper. I really do feel transported when I read her books.

I also got a deal on A Stitch in Time on ChristianBook.com so that's up next. I find that the collected story book deals from Christian Book are nice to read on lunch breaks.

2. Buckeye

Buckeye Veteran

+73
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Republican
    HOGs in the Shadows: Combat Stories from Marine Snipers in Iraq by Milo Afong.

3. Abel1337

Abel1337 Newbie

+16
    Baptist
    Single
    I'm reading the bible

4. Biarien

Biarien DĂșnadan

+290
    Christian
    Married
    I'm going to start Grace, Faith, Free Will: Contrasting Views of Salvation: Calvinism and Arminianism by Robert Picirilli. It's a bit of a heavy read, but I really feel a need for some deeper study of Scripture (haven't been getting that lately...).

5. Konnie

Konnie Bound For Promised Land

+5,824
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Feast of Fear:Conversations with Stephen King by Tim Underwood and Chuck Miller

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  6. LadyNRA

LadyNRA Regular Member

+22
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm generally reading 3 or 4 things at a time, in addition to the bible. I'm reading something about the Temple and how Jesus is reflected in it. I'm reading a Wanda Brunstedder book about the Amish, I'm in the middle of a Stargate Atlantis book, and I'm reading the Sweet Potato Queens book of Marriage and Divorce (LOL!). And yeah, I am even on a 5th one called Nicoji, which is science fiction and much better than I expected it to be. Good old off-world action/adventure/exploration type story.

7. saki

saki Veteran

+68
    Baptist
    Private
    AU-Liberals
    BETSUFURE Love collection

8. Konnie

+5,824
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    The Entertainment Weekly Guide to the Greatest Movies Ever Made

9. Blackmarch

Blackmarch Legend

+287
    Mormon
    Single
    hehehehehe fun

Currently reading the deathgate cycle by Hickman and Weis

10. Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

+2,194
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    A Thousand Splendid Suns

11. AllFoHim

AllFoHim Newbie

+1
    Wesleyan
    In Relationship
    Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice

12. Andres88

Andres88 Contributor

+294
    Catholic
    Celibate
    "The Passion of Jesus Christ"
    "The Life of Elijah" (still stuck in this one...)
    "Premarital relationships"
    "Politics" (Aristotle... stuck in this one as well)

Some others that I can't remember right now. That's the bad thing of reading more than one book at the same time. I guess I should better read one, finish it, and then go with the other ones.

13. mercutio1562

mercutio1562 Member

+2
    Christian
    great thread.

14. mochagirl

mochagirl Even so, it is well with my soul.

+359
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
    The Battle for Skandia by John Flanagan
    A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell

15. Konnie

+5,824
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Strange Stories, Amazing Facts of America's Past by Reader's Digest

16. soblessed53

soblessed53 Well-Known Member

+729
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Just finished Honor's Pledge(Rocky Mountain Legacy #1) by Kristen Heitzmann, hard to believe this was this author's first book.I really liked it,and have yet to read anything by her,that has disappointed me.
    Now ready to start Honor's Price (Rocky Mountain Legacy #2).There are 5 books in this series set in post-Civil war Colorado.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  17. Christopher Fox

Christopher Fox God botherer

+11
    Christian
    Married
    I'm reading Orthodoxy by G K Chesterton. This is a fantastic book that I would recommend to anyone.

Chris

18. Sanderson

Sanderson Archangel Tyrael

+1
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I recently started reading The Dark Tower, I plan on reading every book in the series.

19. Konnie

+5,824
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Good Old Days Remembers Mothers Favorite Verses by Ken Tate

20. faithchic05

faithchic05 You are my Forever Love

+99
    Christian
    Single