What are worse? Atheist or Christian sinners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatally.Yours

I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.
Dec 21, 2010
England
✟15,411.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Doesn't every atheist here report to have once been a Christian and utterly reject God now?

EVERY Christian sins. You know a Christian that says they are now in a state of perfection? I've heard of Guru's that say that enlightenment is to be had this side of death, but I know of no Christian that says that they are perfect.

Jesus said that repentance and forgiveness is a never exhausting process. Atheist's reject that completely.
Nope, I've never been a Christian.

Upvote 0

Tergle

Mar 29, 2011
✟939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are worse? Atheist or Christian sinners?

Of course Christians who are practicing sinners are the worse. They become extra ammunition for Satan to use in keeping people from coming to Christ.

True enough, but how do you deal with them if you get poisoned by the world and its ways that everything is relative? Look at how many Christians say they are pro-choice, or support homosexuals to engage in homosexuality. Even going to the lengths to redefine marriage. Look at how many people say they are Christians and truly with great effort preach and teach a gospel that looks more like Cosmopolitan magazine than the Tew Testament.

There is a lot more to living as a bad person "in the Church" than just behavior. You live like a non or anti Christian in reality, not just a hypocrite, which of course is the same thing.

Now, notice the type of people that will recoil in indignation to the very word "bad" being applied to their religious, social and political activities.

And yet, the type of people that call themselves a Christian, and do and believe what shouldn't be done or taught, and want to repent of it are called intolerant, insensitive, hateful, etc., etc., etc..

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Well, so much for your notion that all atheists on here claim to have been Christians.

OK, I guess the only aspect of a person like you is that you know nothing of what Christian life is.

But you seem to try. Prey tell why?
I'm not sure where I have ever claimed to know what Christian life is like.

Upvote 0

Tergle

Mar 29, 2011
✟939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, so much for your notion that all atheists on here claim to have been Christians.

I asked a question:

Doesn't every atheist here report to have once been a Christian and utterly reject God now?

The clicheism of the standard back-and-forth leads me to my question.

I'm not sure where I have ever claimed to know what Christian life is like.

You banter about the concept of hell firmly rooted in Christian theology. Hell is a concept of many, many, civilizations. I don't see you arguing agianst buddhist many hells routine.

C'mon now.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Tergle said:
You banter about the concept of hell firmly rooted in Christian theology. Hell is a concept of many, many, civilizations. I don't see you arguing agianst buddhist many hells routine.
I never said hell was an exclusive concept confined to Christianity. Didn't I link you to me arguing against the same (or similar) concept in Islam?

Upvote 0

Tergle

Mar 29, 2011
✟939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I never said hell was an exclusive concept confined to Christianity. Didn't I link you to me arguing against the same (or similar) concept in Islam?

HERE you are firmly arguing against the Christian concept.

And why? I can't see why you need to waste your time on a concept you fully and firmly deny.

Hell does not harm you in the slightest in your worldview.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
HERE you are firmly arguing against the Christian concept.
Yeah. So? I argue against it on moral grounds which is completely appropriate in an ethics & morality subforum. I was linked to a thread which identified a similar discussion taking place in a Christian Apologetics subforum amongst only Christians.

And why? I can't see why you need to waste your time on a concept you fully and firmly deny.
You seem to waste your time on a concept you deny (that of secularism, atheism and all of the other ethical and political ideologies that you conflate together).

Hell does not harm you in the slightest in your worldview.
Personally, it does not. But neither does my atheism harm you and yet you have decried it at every turn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zaac, you can't say "God has the prescription - it's all about god" then simultaneously cite a verse that says God doesn't tell us anything, but tell us through people.

Where have I cited a verse that says God doesn't tell you anything? And it is all about God.

People who tend to fail.

Also, you just compared me to the devil and what's worse, to Democrats (chill, tis a joke), so I think we're through here. If God is real, I would hope he's going to be harder on the Christians that have twisted and distorted his word, represented him when they had no place too, and consistently isolated and degraded non-believers because THOSE are the people working for the devil, by driving people away from God. You can try to hide behind "well it's your own decision" but all believers are called upon to spread the word and the way you have spoken to me, the way you have treated me, you are doing the exact opposite. And that is YOUR fault yet you have no desire to admit it. I never once said anyone made me leave - I take full responsibility for leaving. But everything is motivated by a reason - I simply gave you the reason I left - and those reasons are you. And rather than take that, see the harm it does to your mission as a Christian, and changing your attitude, you have decided to ignore it and insult me further.

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else THINKS. God will righteously judge based upon wha He SAYS.

And He has already judged the sins of those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as having their debt paid in full.

So he sees NOTHING when He looks at Christians except HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. That's amazing grace at work.:clap:

If that day does come, your judgment will be far worse than mine.

I'm the bearer of the Good News. I already know what my judgment is. :clap: I look forward to the day that Jesus Christ reaches down and calls me on home. So don't worry about me. I've been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and live EVERY DAY in anxious anticipation of His return.

He will judge what I have done with my gifts and talents for His glory and reward me as such. And I will in turn lay those crowns at His feet because absent Him, I would do nothing.

So like I said. Don't worry about me. I KNOW what my judgment will be. It's those who don't know who should be worrying about eternity in the darkness of the Lake of Fire.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zaac your not winning anyone over.... Your bedside manner is alittle less desirable.

I'm not supposed to win anyone over. That's the work of the Holy Spirit.:thumbsup: There's nothing wrong with my bedside manner. Some folks like to sugar coat things. Mine is to preach the word of God in love. And that's all you have seen.:)

So again, I don't particularly care what folks think of the bedside manner as I'm called to be pleasing to Christ before everyone else. :)

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gabe7 said:
Which are worse in God's eyes and why?

I'm trying to figure out how this relates to ethics and morality. All human beings are sinners, however, God sees Christians through the blood of His Son and their sins are forgiven. This isn't the case for atheists. Therefore, in God's eyes atheist sinners are "worse" because God hates sin and unbelievers are in their sin and condemned by their sin. God is ethical and moral in all that He does and we are to be conformed to His (Christ's) image. Is there a way to make the OP an ethical or moral question about God viewing Christians and atheists (non-Christians) differently?

"But the good news is that the Lawgiver is also the Redeemer of those who lament over their lawlessness and trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior. Those who cry out, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner" (Luke 18:13), can find mercy and eternal life. But the unrepentant relativist must face the absolute justice of a holy God who admits no interpretation other than His own. In the end everything is relative — but it is relative to God's absolute standards, not ours." ~ Douglas Groothuis
Confronting the Challenge of Ethical Relativism

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sometimes people aren't ready to move forward. They recognize or understand somethings but until they live it or experience it they can't get the full sence of it or get their minds around it..... Everything has a season. Like telling a baby what hot is that never known what the pain of heat is then how hot is hot?

I've learned more compassion from suffering if you get what I mean. You become more sympathetic to those of alike...... If I would have met my wife 10yrs earlier I would have ruined our relationship. Make sence?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Really, we're not to win anyone over to the faith in all that we do.......We are to speak gentle.... As tho we are resetting a fractured bone...... Gentle!

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Matthew 23:33 spoken by Jesus

The truth is to be spoken in love. Love, as witnessed by the words of Christ, can be firm.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There's a difference between being firm and being down-putting and insulting - a parent who tells their child they're worthless isn't being firm. They're just being cruel.

No one has been cruel to you. If anything, you've heard the truth and got offended. The truth should offend you if you're not aligned with it.

But I don't play the whole "you're being mean, change your tone" game.:)

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God is the only one who knows anothers heart or intent....and those seeking will find the answers. Zaac to stand fast to those whom are accountable Is quite a different approach. I recognize you mean well. Takes time for people to get to know one another, especially in writing.

Btw miss guided passion can run a muck.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.