What are we capable to give up to procure a great treasure?

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What are we capable to give up to procure a great treasure?

• Pro 15:16 -> “Better is a little with the fear of Jehovah than great treasure and tumult with it.”.

The life of the man is so insignificant that a simple virus (which isn’t considered a living being) is sufficient to kill the person. A simple hit on the wall can get the person into a coma or even die. Despite this, as Job said:

• Job 14:1 -> “Man born of woman is of few days, and full of trouble.”.

Why this, if the life of the man doesn’t consist of the abundance of his goods (Luke 12:15)? Can you be sure:

• Psa 37:16 -> “A little to the righteous is better than the riches of many wicked.”.
• Pro 16:8 -> “Better is a little with righteousness than great gain without right.”.
• Pro 28:6 -> “Better is the poor who walks in his uprightness than he who is perverse in his ways, though he is rich.”.

We are deluded thinking that the affluence of goods will grant us great pleasure. Nevertheless, see the case of Solomon:

• Ecc 2:10,11 -> “And whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them; I did not withhold my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labor, and this was my part of all my labor. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done, and on the labor that I had labored to do; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit; and there is no profit under the sun.”.
• Ecc 5:10-12 -> “He who loves silver shall not be satisfied with silver, and he who loves abundance not with gain. This is also vanity. When the good thing increases, those who eat it increase; then what profit is it to its owners, except to see it with their eyes? The sleep of a laboring man is sweet, whether he eats little or much; but the abundance of the rich will not allow him to sleep.”.
Finally, have a good day trying to find a way to live by faith (Hab 2:4; Rom 1:17; Gal 3:11; Heb 10:38). Besides this type of life making our life adds up, the blessing of the Lord really makes us rich without any pain (Prov 10:22).