What are we asking and seeking in Jesus? Wherein door are we knocking?

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What are we asking and seeking in Jesus? Wherein door are we knocking?

• “For these I weep; my eye, my eye runs down with water, because the comforter who could refresh my soul is far from me. My sons are desolated because the enemy prevails.” (Lamentations 1.16).

Of course that we mutter or lament when we lose things. If our treasure is in the material things, our heart will be there also (Matthew 6.21). Considering that our salvation is nearer than when we believed, nothing is more fit than we awake out of sleep and follow the advice of Paul:

• “But this I say, brothers, The time is short. It remains that both those who have wives should be as not having one. And they who weep are as though they did not weep. And they who rejoice are as though they did not rejoice. And they who buy are as though they did not possess. And they who use this world are as not abusing it, for the fashion of this world is passing away.” (1Corinthians 7.29-31).

We can’t avert our eyes from Jesus Christ, His truth and overlook to press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3.14). And don’t look on it as something very difficult:

• “Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.” (Matthew 7.7).

From here it arise two questions:

1 – What ought we to ask in prayer?

• “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father *give* the *Holy Spirit* to those who *ask* Him?” (Luke 11.13).

2 – And what should we ask the Holy Spirit for? So that we can find what it is to be sought? And what is it to be found?

• “Because narrow is the *gate* and constricted is the way which *leads to life*, and there are few who *find* it.” (Matthew 7.14).

Many people think that the chiefly predicament with this gate is its narrowness. Nonetheless, the greatest problem is to get alacrity to find this gate. As Paul prophesied:

• “For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear. And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.” (2Timothy 4.3,4).

They prefer to suffer harm, to wear out themselves and to lose their souls (Matthew 16.26) knocking in one of the several wide gates that lead them to the serfdom, , etc., than knock the gate of the fold (Jesus Christ – John 10.16).

So, let’s lose the fear of having to leave behind all our cares to turn away the jeopardies and hot potatoes. Let’s go ahead to knock the narrow gate and have a good week in Christ.

Obs.: perhaps you will say: but I already found Jesus. But perhaps we have known Jesus only through the flesh. (2Corinthians 5.16).