• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured What Are Trolls Looking For

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Introverted1293, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Introverted1293

Introverted1293 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Wow

Did not know that.

2. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I wouldn't be able tell. I am not musically gifted LOL

3. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I have no idea what bots are.

4. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I know that all too well.

I agree that there is probably an emptiness in them.

5. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,869
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    That comment and response may imply more than one person is represented by that username.

But context is everything.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,869
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Bots are computer programs that login and reply based on text posted.

Based on what is typed, pre-made responses are triggered and then posted.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,995
    Presbyterian
    Single
  8. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,716
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Some people probably find it entertaining or they have some control issues or something.

Although if you are the type that gets offended when some anonymous person is mean to you in Internet I would just suggest quitting posting.

There will always be some negative feedback for one reason or another and having negative feelings because of that is just useless.

9. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,995
    Presbyterian
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. lismore

lismore Maranatha

+2,570
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I think the underlying issue is that the internet is not regulated the same way as everyday life. People say and do things on the internet that you would be arrested for in real time. Going on the net is stepping into a potentially risky place. God Bless )

11. childoftheword

childoftheword New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It wont make sense because the behaviour is demonic. Demons do not make sense and people who are enslaved to them or give into them often times do not make sense.

12. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    OK

That is true. I can't argue with what you just said.

13. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
  14. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thank you

This is true.

15. Introverted1293

+2,579
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thank you

That is also true.

16. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,961
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There was a time when I would have said that trolls were hiding under bridges looking for billy goats, but I’m sure that many of our members wouldn’t get the Billy Goat Gruff reference.

17. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,325
    Catholic
    Single
    They are probably bored.

18. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+7,875
    Messianic
    Private
    There is a Dr. Amen Who has done close to 100,000 brain scans on people with various personality disorders. He makes the point that psychologists and psychiatrists are generally the only ones who don’t actually look at the instrument that they are treating, in this case the brain.

My personal opinion is that when psychologists and psychiatrists say that narcissistic personality disorder is related to some kind of trauma in the childhood, are only theorizing. They never offer any reliable data, or usually any data at all, to support what they are talking about. Much less do they look at the brain.

I do not claim to be an expert on this topic at all, but I have seen research from people that really do look at the brain, and as I said above, and they show that those with narcissistic personality disorder have under developed cortex in the empathy area of the brain.

I have seen two parents with narcissistic personality disorder who had a child who was empathetic. I have seen empathetic parents with a child who had NPD.

To me, when people start saying that the disorder is due to some trauma, they are too likely to be placing blame on people who really are not to blame.

There are all kinds of different disorders that can occur with the brain, that are genetic.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  19. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,061
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Some people don't have a voice. They don't have the liberty to share their feelings without repercussion. I saw it years ago in chat rooms and forums. The Internet provided an avenue for release. The stress and frustrations were spilled out on innocent bystanders. Some continued the behavior and others moved past it and found healthier ways to deal with their feelings.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

20. chad kincham

chad kincham Well-Known Member

+476
    Christian
    Married
    I’d say a troll would want to go back to their troll bridge...