d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps someone could briefly explain each one of these views as they are now available to select in the profile section. Someone told me to search websites but when I tried it was information overload. I as many others would just like to know what a preterist (etc.) is so I could define myself and my current understanding of it. You dont have to go into full theological detail either:

Historic

Preterist

Futurist

Amil

Premil

Postmil

Pretrib

Midtrib

Posttrib

The_Evelyonian

Wait, what?
Aug 25, 2004
Houston, TX
✟9,305.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not quite sure about the first three
Here is what I think the rest mean.

Amil means you believe the wratth of God(Tribulation) will happen during the millennial reign of Christ.

Premil means you believe the Tribulation will occur before the millennial reign of Christ.

Postmil means you believe the Tribulation will occur after the millennial reign of Christ.

Pre-trib means you believe the Rapture will occur before the Tribulation.

Mid-trib means you believe the Rapture will occur in the middle of the Tribulation.

Post-trib means you believe the Rapture will occur after the Tribulation.

If I've made a mistake with the definitions please feel free to correct me.:thumbsup:

Hope this helps.:)

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
d0c markus said:
Perhaps someone could briefly explain each one of these views as they are now available to select in the profile section. Someone told me to search websites but when I tried it was information overload. I as many others would just like to know what a preterist (etc.) is so I could define myself and my current understanding of it. You dont have to go into full theological detail either:
Historic -
http://www.fivesolas.com/esc_chrt.htm

http://www.lamblion.com/prophecy/viewpoints/Views-01.php

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
d0c markus said:

Historic - End times are happening

Preterist - End times HAVE happened

Futurist - End times are still to happen

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
d0c markus said:
I often thought that there needs to be a sticky about the various views (presented by believers of each view)

Historic - the events of Revelation have been occurring over the past two millennia. They tend to see the Beast as the Catholic church and the Pope.

Preterist - they see past fulfillment of prophecy regarding the events of Matthew 24 and Revelation. Very mild partial preterists see a fulfillment of Mat. 24 to a point, but believe in a future trib and Second coming. More radical partial preterists believe most of Revelation is fulfilled, but there is a coming of Christ to judge the living and the dead. Full preterists believe all prophecy is fulfilled - we are in the new heavens and earth and ruling with Christ. Nothing else to occur.

Futurist - believes in future fulfillment of Revelation and matthew 24

Amil - do not believe in a literal 1000 year kingdom, but see a future tribulation and Second coming.

Premil - see a future 1000 year kingdom on earth (with a continued reign of Christ after n the new heavens and new earth) after the Second Coming of Christ to earth in glory.

Postmil - - see a millennial reign and then a Second Coming in which there is a general resurrection and a judgment.

Pretrib - is premil. See the rapture of I thes. 4 as before the 7 year tribulation

Midtrib - is premil. See the rapture in the middle of the 7 year tribulation

Posttrib - is premil. See the rapture at the end of the tribulation, either with the Second Coming or just before.

Folks will probably disagree with some parts.

Reactions: xenia
Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Amil means you believe the wratth of God(Tribulation) will happen during the millennial reign of Christ.
Actually, amillenial means you do not believe in a literal 1000 year reign, but that "1000 years" is a numerological symbol.

I'm amillenialist. I believe we will have the Tribulation, then the Second Coming of Christ (same thing as the rapture), the General Judgement, and the New Heavens and New Earth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.