What are the prosperity gospel's thoughts on Job, Jeremiah, and the Apostle Paul

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To be honest I wasn't sure where to put this. Wasn't sure If this was something for GT.
I can appreciate that; it is sometimes hard to tell which is which.

But it also poses a problem for us readers, not knowing if some particular denomination or denominations were in mind when you were writing the OP. And if that was not the case, are there some that you could identify now as being leading examples??

Upvote 0

Lavaduder

Jul 12, 2020
yers
✟18,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can appreciate that; it is sometimes hard to tell which is which.

But it also poses a problem for us readers, not knowing if some particular denomination or denominations were in mind when you were writing the OP. And if that was not the case, are there some that you could identify now as being leading examples??
I was thinking the charismatic movement. But after thinking about it... That's not a denomination. (It feels like it though.) Do you have the power to move this to GT, or can I repost it there?

Upvote 0

Lavaduder

Jul 12, 2020
yers
✟18,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry prosperity Gospels thoughts? There is no such thing as prosperity gospel. Those words are used to make them look negative. Now if your talking about word of faith.. why not quote them? They even said there is no such thing as prosperity gospel. So why keep saying this knowing they don't agree with it nor like it. Why are some forcing this on them?

All you will get is verses from the word of God so why not search on prosperity in Gods word ourselves? It is in the word of God. Some believe some do not.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I will add my own anecdote. I spent two months teaching in a illegal house church-sponsored Bible school held in an apartment in China. There were nine students, counting my translator, who also served as the assistant teacher when the regular teacher was there.

In China there is keen interest in American Christianity and many Chinese Christians align with Contemporary Christianity in America in its various forms. My assistant, as it turned out, was an enormous fan of Benny Hinn. Knowing her interest, I tried not to offend her. One of the other students had attended a theological seminary in Malaysia and was well-grounded in scripture. There were several occasions during the classes where they engaged in heated discussions, all in Chinese, of course. Another student would translate for me. The net result was that the students were exposed to both sides of these arguments, including "prosperity gospel", and were able to form their own opinions. I was personally please to have the student put the case for scriptural objections to these claims, in clear and understandable Chinese.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums