What are the most dangerous sins, or unforgivable sins?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

A better question is why can one speak against God the Son and be forgiven but speaking against God the Spirit is not forgivable?

I have no idea. It would be interesting to find out why. Either way, God's spirit is holy and pure and doesnt deserve disrespect.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Guess you know God 100% then.
If you read the Bible, you may find that anyone (even not knowing God 1%) can know what he posted is correct .... not all sins are forgiven and some cannot be - in fact, most people on earth never are forgiven ....

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All sins. However, personally I think pride is dangerous and pernicious. Pride leads to so many other things like anger, being argumentative over a point, stubborness, unforgiveness. People sometimes don't realise that being shy is also a type of pride, because it is still thinking too much about self. It seems to be a sin that creeps into existence in so many ways.

It has for me. I have a trouble accepting sometimes accepting the fact that I can't earn forgiveness. I know it is through God's grace and what Jesus did. But I find it hard to accept forgiveness sometimes and try to earn it. However, that is prideful to ever think I could be ever be good enough to earn it.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also, it might be dangerous to consider some sins worse than others. It says in the Bible (pretty sure in Romans?) that who ever is guilty of breaking one part of the law is guilty of breaking them all. Then goes on to say that we are saved by.... (I won't write it, its 4am and if I say the wrong thing I'll probably be corrected :D and I'm not finding the exact verses to find out)

My point being, sin is sin. Each type of sin is dangerous and has consequences.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you read the Bible, you may find that anyone (even not knowing God 1%) can know what he posted is correct .... not all sins are forgiven and some cannot be - in fact, most people on earth never are forgiven ....

If one repents then one can be forgiven. God is mercy and love.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If one repents then one can be forgiven. God is mercy and love.
Trust God and realize His Word is Truth and cannot be changed to accommodate that view. (it appears someone misled you in this) ...

Esau tried to repent, and could not.
Judas Iscariot the betrayer could not repent.
Many who trample underfoot the grace of God shown them in Jesus cannot repent (they can try, but not be forgiven) because as God says "there no longer remains any sacrifice for their sin" and this is in perfect harmony with all of God's Word , God's Plan, God's Purpose and Salvation in Jesus. (i.e. no contradiction in God's Perfect Judgment as HE Says when forgiveness is not available , specifically identified in His Word) ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you are a member of the Body of Christ your sins are already forgiven

No. One needs to repent when one sins. Jesus died to save us. We have to turn to Him and repent.

Just like in the 'Our Father' prayer. We need to ask God to forgive us.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Trust God and realize His Word is Truth and cannot be changed to accommodate that view. (it appears someone misled you in this) ...

Esau tried to repent, and could not.
Judas Iscariot the betrayer could not repent.
Many who trample underfoot the grace of God shown them in Jesus cannot repent (they can try, but not be forgiven) because as God says "there no longer remains any sacrifice for their sin" and this is in perfect harmony with all of God's Word , God's Plan, God's Purpose and Salvation in Jesus. (i.e. no contradiction in God's Perfect Judgment as HE Says when forgiveness is not available , specifically identified in His Word) ....

Obviously you read it wrongly.

Jesus IS mercy. Ask, and it shall be given.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Obviously you read it wrongly.

Jesus IS mercy. Ask, and it shall be given.
No. It is directly written as I said. If you have a problem with Yahweh's Perfectly Righteous Judgment, His unchanging and unchangeable Word,
that's not uncommon in unbelief, but it won't change what is written.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you give me an example?

1. Blaspheming The Holy Spirit

2. Receiving The Mark of The Beast and worshipping The Beast.

Because you Won’t be forgiven for these sins and can’t repent from them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are the most dangerous sins, or unforgivable sins?
1JOHN.5:16-17 = 16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

HEBREWS.10:26-31 = 26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

LEVITICUS.20:13 = If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No. It is directly written as I said. If you have a problem with Yahweh's Perfectly Righteous Judgment, His unchanging and unchangeable Word,
that's not uncommon in unbelief, but it won't change what is written.

God can do anything. He is not bound between the pages of a Bible.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God can do anything. He is not bound between the pages of a Bible.

The words of Jesus will never pass away.

He says who ever blasphemes The Holy Spirit never has forgiveness.

Those are His words not mine.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The words of Jesus will never pass away.

He says who ever blasphemes The Holy Spirit never has forgiveness.

Those are His words not mine.

I agree, but, what if the person begs forgiveness? If a person blasphemes without asking repentance then i agree, he will never be forgiven.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit..." - yet, why would Jesus say this to the pharisees if he wasn't giving them a chance? It was a warning to them to offer a chance of repentance. So then, it wasn't the act of blasphemy itself that condemned them, but their attitude of unbelief. Therefore, it was their attitude of unbelief that led them to blaspheme, and that was the thing that was unforgivable.

That same attitude of unbelief also leads to many other sins like those listed in the apostle Paul's infamous list of "whoever practices such things shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven." The attitude of self-righteous pride is just as dangerous, as it is displayed in prejudice.

Fear is also dangerous, as it might manifest in denial of Christ. "If we deny Him, He will also deny us." Yet, I believe God is merciful and we always have an opportunity to repent and stop denying Him.

Therefore, why the question of what is "most dangerous"? Any sin is dangerous to the soul, as it will exude unhealthy attitudes. Bitterness defiles, immorality is a sin against the body, etc. Any sin committed leads to more sin, because it changes the soul for the worse.

So then, why not abide in Christ? Why not defy all excuses and believe that Christ is a deliverer from all sin? Why not believe that the blood of Christ "purifies from all unrighteousness"?

Christ has saved many sinners. A serial killer - Saul of Tarsus. A denier - Simon bar-Jonas. An unbeliever - Thomas Didymas. A hater of God - me. All we have to do is "repent and believe the gospel."
TD:)

Upvote 0