What are the most dangerous sins, or unforgivable sins?

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Can you give me an example?
The most dangerous sin is the sin of which you never desire to repent, and therefore where there's no repentance, there's no forgiveness.

I believe the sin the Bible refers to is apostasy. Namely, having been familiar with the faith, even to the point of being reckoned a disciple, one rejects the faith never to return to it.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
While murder can certainly be forgiven, some say that murder changes a person and not for the better. I do not know if this is true, but the premise is logical. To take a human life, other than in defense of yourself or others, is a very serious matter. If indeed one can commit murder and not be repentant, then it would appear that one's soul has been darkened and it may prove difficult for it to see the light again.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the early Church the most serious sins were blasphemy, adultery, and murder. They were seen as so serious that the Church did not, at first, claim the authority to absolve them. See 1 John:

1Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

The Church later claimed for itself that authority in the interest of mercy, even extending absolution to those who lapsed under persecution - directly contrary to scripture.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the only sin that leads to death because it keeps you from accepting forgiveness. No sin is worse than any other but this one blocks your forgiveness from your side.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

A better question is why can one speak against God the Son and be forgiven but speaking against God the Spirit is not forgivable?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If someone all their life believes they are saved, and they are not,
and they don't find out until judgment day when Jesus says "bye".... and it's too late to do anything about this....
and leaders and friends and authorities had also told them they were saved while they were still alive, when they might have changed if they knew they had to,

that is probably example(s) of the most dangerous, since it means final total destruction/ death / separate from God and one day a resurrection to judgement instead of to eternal life ....

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone all their life believes they are saved, and they are not,
and they don't find out until judgment day when Jesus says "bye".... and it's too late to do anything about this....
and leaders and friends and authorities had also told them they were saved while they were still alive, when they might have changed if they knew they had to,

that is probably example(s) of the most dangerous, since it means final total destruction/ death / separate from God and one day a resurrection to judgement instead of to eternal life ....

Only not believing and trusting in Jesus is unforgivable.
There are no "Goofy Errors" that are not forgiven.
God even gives full credit to ignorance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus died for ALL sins......He died for the sin of unbelief , yet an unbeliever will never “ cash in”—— that’s why he is lost.Paul blasphemed the Holy Spirit.....in this Age Of Grace God forgave him because it was done in ignorance.....their is hope for the worst of us......even a wretch like me—- and you.Faith plus nothing.

Upvote 0