Orthodox vs Baptist: What's the Difference in Their Beliefs?

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Could you or anyone in this thread explain to me what a Confessional Orthodox Church is? And how it differs from other Christian Protestant Churches?

I'm not familiar with the term "Confessional" Orthodox Church. Can you share where you saw that?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
what things they share with baptist and what not

is it baptist an evangelical church?
Yes, believe biggest disagreements will be in the areas of infant baptism regeneration, and how to view the Ordinances in general!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Orthodox Church, is a global communion wherein local Churches are not free to completely govern themselves but are under the spiritual guidance of a Bishop and/or Patriarch. There are separate communities within the Orthodox Church but we are united in our recognition of the other jurisdictions. The Greek Church recognizes the Bulgarian Church for example or the Russian Church recognizes the Antiochian Church.

In Argentina, however, there seem to be multiple Orthodox groups (Russian, Greek, Serbian, Antiochian, etc.).

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In Argentina, however, there seem to be multiple Orthodox groups (Russian, Greek, Serbian, Antiochian, etc.).
All of which are in communion with one another. The location of the patriarchate and cultural/language tendencies being the primary difference. Theologically, they are all the same church.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what things they share with baptist and what not

is it baptist an evangelical church?

Some Baptists are evangelical and some are not. I could be wrong, but I believe that the Convención Evangélica Bautista Argentina is not evangelical.

Baptists and Orthodox are about as different as two branches of Christianity can be.

Baptists would have a much simpler liturgy; they would have a radically different view of the sacraments; they would not baptise babies; and there would be many theological differences.

Upvote 0