What are the commandments now that we are supposed to keep...?

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are the commandments now that we are supposed to keep (under the NC)...

And can anyone keep these on their own or in their own strength...?

God Bless!
Short answer, all 10 plus the 2 greatest commandments.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GOD'S LAW OF LOVE AS EXPRESSED THROUGH GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28.

JESUS magnified the LAW and applied it to the INSIDE OUT (thoughts and feelings). To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments) *JAMES 2:10-11, we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.

I believe him. How about you?
The law was meant to be our schoolmaster to bring us, humbled and broken, with no confidence in our flesh, to the feet of Christ.

I hear men say that the only commandments now are to love God with our whole hearts and the love our neighbor as ourselves. Well, guess what? If we truly set our hearts to do so, we again find abject failure. Is this not the truth, if we are totally honest with ourselves?

So what gives? Even though we are no longer under the law, we still find failure. Why? Because the essence of the law.... self effort... still binds us tightly, so that the best we can do is Romans 7.

Most have settled in in their prison cells, content with failure and forgiveness, but Jesus promised us FREE INDEED. Romans 8.

So how do we escape this terrible dilemma? We have to die, for that is the only way the power of the law is satisfied, releasing us from our prisons of self and what naturally follows.... self effort.

We read this, and our hearts sink. Most of us have tried to die, to deny self, yet year after year our old carnal self loving nature remains. Why? Because we have just looped back to trying again. Grrrrr.....

So.... what IS the answer? How do we finally walk in the easy yoke? How do we ever escape Romans 7 and walk as new creatures as overcomers, not as the overcome? Is it even possible?

Oh, yes! For even the weakest among us, bound by addictive sins that rule over many of God’s elect with an iron fist. So what is the answer? If we have to die to break the law’s authority over us, and we cannot do that, how can we ever stare down the devil when temptation comes and do so with confidence, even joy?

The answer to our Romans 7 dilemma is found in the preceding chapter... Romans 6. Here we are told two truths, first that we... our old us.... died when Christ died. And secondlay, that when Christ rose to newness of life, so DID we. Past tense.

Oh, we have known this, and accept it as true, and still, no change has occurred? What gives? Oh, I pray all who read this listen closely. This is the key we have been missing to unlock the overcomer that resides within us.

We must appropriate those truths as OUR truths. That is what Paul tells us when he instructs us to DO something. You asked what we must do? Here it is.

“Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Romans 6:11

What I am sharing is not theory. 12 years ago, God gave this to me at my lowest. And when I finally had my blinders removed, and actually believed the old me did not need to die but WAS dead, I yielded myself to God. But this time something was different. I yielded myself to Him as one who is alive from the dead!

And with that, the law’s chain that had bound me to sin for so many years, even as a Christian.... fell to the ground.

What do we have to DO that we might work the works of God? BELIEVE HIM. We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. When we finally step out to believe that amazing truth as OUR truth, we step into agreement with God and abiding in Him opens up as not only possibly but assured!

Sorry this has gone longer than I intended, but concise answers is not my gift lol. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I will do my best to answer you.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yo
If you know the ten commandments are are honest with yourself, you will realize you break them all the time and often...

Is that what you mean by continuing in known unrepentant sin, cause the more you know about sin, the more impossible you will realize it truly is to keep them on your own or in your own strength...

With a full knowledge of all sin, can you ever not knowingly sin, ever, after that...?

And what about the other questions I asked...?

I am repentant though, though I still sin even knowingly sometimes, so what does that make me...?

God Bless!
You don’t like people lying to you, so I will tell you the Truth. You are not a Jew in pre-AD 70 Israel: the Ten Commandments do not apply to you and never did. Only if you lie to yourself will they apply. Jesus had a different set of commandments, and one of them isn’t kept at all, and probably can’t be. Therefore, the most important of all of the commandments, from a practical standpoint, is what Jesus said we have to do for God to forgive us.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟235,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are the commandments now that we are supposed to keep (under the NC)...

God Bless!

Commandments form the common part of each covenant. Commandments can differ from Law in that they can be laws and may not be laws depending on which covenant you are talking about. Commandments in OT (for Jews) are laws. Commandments in NT however are not laws. They are commands from God and Jesus Christ.

Commands from Jesus Christ formed the important part of the New Covenant and what we commonly refer to as Christ teaching. Though the following appears as answers to a Jew's question, the oddity is that Sabbath is intentionally skipped. So as commands they may not be just for the Jews as they are not direct quotes from OT contexts (i.e., with Sabbath skipped). More likely they form part of the NT commandments and for Christians to observe. They are part of Christ teaching.

Matthew 19:17-19 (NIV2011)
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
“Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,
honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All I can do without him is sin for I am a sinner. Who am I that he should love me? I love him because he first loved me but now I walk by faith in him that loves me and abide in him and he in me. His commands are his promises to me so I can follow him and walk in his ways. The victory that overcomes the world is only found in him and he is the Word that creates all things and works in those who believe.

Those that do not believe are still in their sins and do not know him. There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. You cannot separate LOVE from God's LAW Pete. LOVE is expressed through OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments as we have FAITH in God's WORD and is our duty of LOVE to GOD and LOVE to man.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

Hope this helps.
Hello LGW.

What you wrote is simply not correct.
LOVE is expressed through OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments
Obeying the ten commandments is not the expression of love. If I do not murder someone that has nothing to do with loving others.

The apostle Paul defines love below.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

If I do not steal from people that does not mean that I love others.

Why do you not understand this LGW?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW.
What you wrote is simply not correct.

Sorry brother it is God's WORD not mine, Simply ignoring God's WORD does not makt it dissappear. The same as simply stating God's Word is not correct does not make it go away. Your argument is with God not me.

Obeying the ten commandments is not the expression of love.

Well that is not true David. Let's look at what the scriptures say.

Jesus says in MATTHEW 22...

MATTHEW 22:36-40
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38], This is the first and great commandment.
[39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
[40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

NOTE: Jesus when asked this question from the Lawyer is quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18. Finishes by saying that on the two great commandments of LOVE hang all the law and the prophets.

What does v40 mean?

LUKE 10:25-28
[25], And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tested him, saying, Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
[26], He said unto him, what is written in the law? how read you?
[27], And he [the Lawyer] answering said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself.
[28], And he said unto him, you have answered right: this do, and you shall live.

NOTE: The lawyer knew what it means to love God and love his neighbore. How? Notice the question that the lawyer starts os by asking Jesus; "WHAT SHALL I DO TO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE?". Now notice that the very same question is asked again and look how Jesus answers...

MATTHEW 19:16-19
[16], And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
[17], And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but IF YOU WILL ENTER INTO LIFE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.
[18], He said to him, Which? Jesus said, YOU SHALL DO NO MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT LIE, [19], HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVR E YOUR NEIGHBORE AS YOURSELF.

NOTE: Notice in that the question from the rich young ruler is the very same question as asked by the lawyer "WHAT SHALL I DO TO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE?" but both were answered by Jesus in a different way. When the Lawer asked the question he answered his own question by saying LOVE to GOD and LOVE to his neighbor (from Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:18). Jesus said he answered correctly. When the rich yound ruler asked the same question Jesus answered by saying keep the 10 Commandments and starts out quoting them as his duty of LOVE to his neighbor.

Is this a contradiction of scripture? In no way the answer has already been given in MATTHEW 22:36-40. ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS (LOVE TO GOD and LOVE TO MAN) HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

When we LOVE GOD and our NEIGHBOUR it is expressed through our actions.

If we LOVE our neighbor...

* We will honor our parents,
* We will not kill them
* We will not commit adultery with thier spouse
* We will not steal from them
* We will not lie to them
* We will not covet what they own.

If we LOVE our God...
* We will not have other Gods
* We will not make idols and worship them
* We will not take his name [follow] him in vain
* We will remember his Sabbath and keep it holy.

ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS [OF LOVE] HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

PAUL understood what JESUS was talking about...

ROMANS 13:8-10
[8], Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; AND IF THERE BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT IT IS SUMMED UP IN THIS SAYING; YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORE AS YOURSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore, love is the fulfilling [DOING] of the law.

Notice what PAUL says here? LOVE is fulfilling [doing] God's Commandments. God's Commandments or duty towards your neighbor is summed up as you shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself v9. [On these two commandments hang ALL THE LAW and the prophets Matthew 22:40].

PAUL agrees with Jesus that if you LOVE you will fulfill God's LAW. What about JAMES?

JAMES 2:8-12
[8] If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORE AS YOURSELF, you do well: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convicted of the law as transgressors. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law. [12], So speak, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

James is using the second great commandment of LOVE which hangs all the commandments of our duty of love to our neighbour and quotes the commandments showing our duty towards our neighbor. This is why Jesus says “On these two commandments hang ALL THE LAW and the prophets” Matthew 22:40. and again..

JOHN 14:15 [15], IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

You cannot separate LOVE from God’s LAW. Love is the FULFILLING of it and is demonstrated by OBEDIENCE to Gods’ LAW as our duty of LOVE to God and man. [“On these two commandments [of LOVE] hang ALL THE LAW and the prophets]

CONCLUSION: It is very clear that JESUS, PAUL and JAMES are all in agreement that the two GREAT COMMANDMENTS of LOVE that JESUS quoted from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18 were used and known in the OLD Testament scripture to sum up our duty of LOVE to God and man in the 10 Commandments.... God's LAW (Ten commandments) is not separated from LOVE it demonstrates it. You cannot have LOVE without fulfilling God's Ten Commandments. [On these two Commandments of LOVE hang all the LAW and the prophets].

Can you see your error here brother?

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If I do not murder someone that has nothing to do with loving others.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28.

JESUS magnified the LAW and applied it to the INSIDE OUT (thoughts and feelings). To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments) *JAMES 2:10-11, we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The apostle Paul defines love below. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. If I do not steal from people that does not mean that I love others.
Why do you not understand this LGW?

Your problem here is your not looking at all the scriptures. Only those that suit you. Paul also says..

[8], Owe no man anything, but to love one another: FOR HE THAT LOVES ANOTHE HAS FULFILLED THE LAW.
[9], FOR THIS [or BECAUSE of this], YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; AND IF THERE BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT IT IS SUMMED UP IN THIS SAYING; YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORE AS YOURSELF.
[10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore, love is the fulfilling [DOING] of the law.

[8] If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORE AS YOURSELF, you do well: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convicted of the law as transgressors. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law. [12], So speak, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

ROMANS 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

[37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

Can you see your errors here brother? You cannot seprate LOVE from God's LAW as LOVE is expressed through it. That is why JESUS says ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets.

JESUS magnified the LAW and applied it to the INSIDE OUT (thoughts and feelings). In order to show that we need to be BORN AGAIN to LOVE in order to FOLLOW God. This shows us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments) *JAMES 2:10-11, we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your post is only a distraction. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin *ROMANS 14:23. If you KNOWINGLY disobey God's WORD it is sin. The same as if you disobey any one of God's 10 commandments it is SIN *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is *JAMES 4:17. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. If you cannot you need to be BORN AGAIN. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.

Jesus commanded us to forgive others when they sin against us. He who does not forgive will not be forgiven.

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

You call the commandment that Jesus uttered a distraction. You say obey the Sabbath and do not worry about the commandments, the words of Jesus. For they are a distraction.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus commanded us to forgive others when they sin against us. He who does not forgive will not be forgiven.

But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

You call the commandment that Jesus uttered a distraction. You say obey the Sabbath and do not worry about the commandments, the words of Jesus. For they are a distraction.

Well that is not true. I called what you wrote a distraction trying to argue away from SIN is not breaking God's 10 Commandments. Then this was followed up by stating

Your post is only a distraction. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin *ROMANS 14:23. If you KNOWINGLY disobey God's WORD it is sin. The same as if you disobey any one of God's 10 commandments it is SIN *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is *JAMES 4:17. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. If you cannot you need to be BORN AGAIN. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.

What you are posting are only your own words and have no reference to what you are quoting from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A reply to be expected.
Your problem here is your not looking at all the scriptures. Only those that suit you. Paul also says..
You should have said that I do not subscibe to your interpretation of the scripture.

Now we observe your false interpretation.
[8], Owe no man anything, but to love one another: FOR HE THAT LOVES ANOTHE HAS FULFILLED THE LAW.
[9], FOR THIS [or BECAUSE of this], YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; AND IF THERE BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT IT IS SUMMED UP IN THIS SAYING; YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORE AS YOURSELF.
[10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore, love is the fulfilling [DOING] of the law.
Loving your neighbor is much more than resisting the desire to take his oxen. We are to love our neighbor as Christ loved us. Which is vastly superior to loving your neighbor as you love yourself. Christ gave us commandment, grace and truth came through Jesus, not through Moses.

For some reason you have been infected with a form of legalism
Judged by the law of liberty not by the ten commandments. If you respect position, power, or wealth, you sin.
ROMANS 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.
The law grants a knowledge of what sin is. We are not under the written law, we are under grace.
Loving Jesus and loving others is what we are commanded to do. You confuse the words of Moses with the words of Jesus. You are walking by the light of a dull lamp, not the light that shone in the darkness.
Can you see your errors here brother? You cannot seprate LOVE from God's LAW as LOVE is expressed through it.
You have confused not coveting oxen with loving others from a pure heart.
That is why JESUS says ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets.
Love LGW, the fruit of the Holy Spirit, not the works of the law.
JESUS magnified the LAW and applied it to the INSIDE OUT (thoughts and feelings). In order to show that we need to be BORN AGAIN to LOVE in order to FOLLOW God. This shows us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.
Not faith in God's word my friend, faith in Jesus Christ is how Christianity is defined.
If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments) *JAMES 2:10-11, we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.
Real sin is not loving others as Christ has loved you. The law tells us what is not love, Christ tells us what love really is.
Hope this helps
You are fatally confused between law and love.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well that is not true. I called what you wrote a distraction trying to argue away from SIN is not breaking God's 10 Commandments. Then this was followed up by stating

What you are posting are only your own words and have no reference to what you are quoting from.
Do you deny this commandment?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are the commandments now that we are supposed to keep

It all boils down to choice, the will of man or the will of God, the world of man or the Kingdom of God, allegiance to the Kingdom of God or to the world man has made, self or selflessness, complicate it or keep it simple, our way or His way. This is what all commandments refer to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A reply to be expected.

Thank you. It is God's WORD not mine I cannot take any credit for it.

You should have said that I do not subscibe to your interpretation of the scripture. Now we observe your false interpretation.

David, you have been provided God's WORD that disagrees with your interpretation of the scriptures. This should be a warning to you. God's WORD does not contradict itself. If you find your interpretation of the scriptures contradict other scriptures it should be a warning to you that your interpretation in is error. Nothing you have posted from the scriptures show that anything that has been posted to you is in error. Yet the scriptures posted to you sent only in love as a help to you show your interpretation of the scriptures contradicting other scripture. Take it in LOVE David only as a help and re-visit God's WORD. If you interpretation of the scriptures contradicts others scriptures then it is your interpretation that is at fault not God's WORD.

Loving your neighbor is much more than resisting the desire to take his oxen. We are to love our neighbor as Christ loved us. Which is vastly superior to loving your neighbor as you love yourself. Christ gave us commandment, grace and truth came through Jesus, not through Moses.

Why make arguments no one is arguing about?

For some reason you have been infected with a form of legalism

Now your just making things up. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, we establish the law *ROMANS 3:31. ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sorry David, God's WORD does not teach lawlessness. JESUS saves us from sin *JOHN 8:31-36 not to continue in sin. If we KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) we will die because we reject the GIFT of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23; ROMANS 8:13; HEBERWS 10:26-31.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Judged by the law of liberty not by the ten commandments. If you respect position, power, or wealth, you sin.

Your confused read the scripture that were posted. They are in relation to your claims that God's LAW is separate from LOVE. It is not. It is easier to respond to your claim by simply posting the scriptures. Your argument is with God not me.

God's 10 commandments are the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. God's LOVE expressed through his LAW by faith is the LAW of liberty because liberty is freedom from SIN and is the reason JESUS came to die on the cross to die the death we deserve while we were yet sinners to reconcile us to God. This is where God's LAW leads us (the Cross of JESUS) so that we can be BORN AGAIN to LOVE *1 JOHN 4:7, Whosoever is BORN of GOD does not knowingly commit sin *1 JOHN 3:9 because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW from the INSIDE OUT (Thoughts and feelings) *ROMANS 13:8-10; MATTHEW 5:17-22; 31-32.

The law grants a knowledge of what sin is. We are not under the written law, we are under grace.

David you do know you are arguing against scripture alone here that you are quoting from which was simply ROMANS 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW. How does what you have posted above make the scripture disappear. Are arguing with God here? Do you believe the scripture you are quoting from? If you do why are you arguing against the scripture?

You are also confused with what it means to be "UNDER THE LAW" we are only under the LAW if we are guilty of breaking it and have not sought out GOD in repentance and confession of our sins through faith in God's WORD.

ROMANS 3:19-20
[19], NOW WE KNOW THAT WHAT THINGS SOEVER THE LAW SAID IT IS TO THEM WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW; THAT EVERY MOUTH MAY BE STOPPED AND ALL THE WORLD MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.
[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Loving Jesus and loving others is what we are commanded to do. You confuse the words of Moses with the words of Jesus. You are walking by the light of a dull lamp, not the light that shone in the darkness.

You are confused brother.

How can you LOVE others if you...

* Do not honor your parents,
* Kill your neighbore
* Commit Adultery with your neighbores spouse
* Steal from your neighbore
* Lie to your neighbore
* Covet and be jealous of what your neighbore owns.

How can you LOVE GOD is you...

* Make other Gods (Pleasure, money, sports, put what you love most in life here)
* Make idols and worship them (put what you love most in life in here)
* Take God's name [follow] him in vain
* Do not remember his Sabbath and keep it holy.

God's LOVE is espressed through his LAW this is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12 and is why JESUS says ON THESE TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS of LOVE [to God and man] HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40.

Sorry brother Gods WORD disagrees with you.

Can you see your error here David?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Love LGW, the fruit of the Holy Spirit, not the works of the law.

You are confused dear brother. No one is telling to to do works of the law for your salvation.
We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD to LOVE. Salvation is to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) not to continue in sin *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not faith in God's word my friend, faith in Jesus Christ is how Christianity is defined.

You are confused brother JESUS is the living WORD of God *JOHN 1:1-4; 14 and we are to BELIEVE and FOLLOW him through the written WORD of GOD *MATTHEW 4:4.

Real sin is not loving others as Christ has loved you. The law tells us what is not love, Christ tells us what love really is. You are fatally confused between law and love.

These are your words brother not God's WORD. Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. The scriptures posted are God's WORD not mine. So your argument is with God not me. God's WORD does not teach lawlessness and does not contradict itself. You cannot love GOD or your fellow man by breaking God's LAW *MATTHEW 22:36-40; ROMANS 13:8-10; JAMES 2:8-12. If we are not BORN AGAIN to LOVE then we will not enter into God's KINGDOM, neither can we see it. *1 JOHN 3:3-10; JOHN 3:3-7; HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

Hope this helps brother and I pray I will see you in Gods KINGDOM.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brake the 10 commandments? Did Moshe(Moses) return and I missed the meeting? And.. why does one stop at the TEN COMMANDMENTS? What the 613 laws are...ONLY for the JEWISH opeThis will go over good lol.. forgive me. Few will understand..not boasting. I don't follow them.. I forget the Sabbath. I don't let man tell me about this. I am not here to please man nor do I let any man judge me condemn me about it or any holiday.

See WHY were those at 1st.. 10 commandments written? What IS written on YOUR heart was NOT written on theres. I don't lie...because its wrong.. I don't do harm because its wrong.. on and on. If I NEVER heard of saw the bible.. I STILL would not want to do that. If I never new Christ.. I still would not want to lie harm steal.. so forth so on. He WROTE it on our hearts. Not just believers.

Now SIN is being talked about.. pfft.. who here has not, is not, will not, WILLFUL sin? Careful. You really only sin ONLY when tempted? ALWAYS read before and after that verse you post and search. 2 times.. in Hebrews people get stuck. One is when Jewish people got saved..they would try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. The holy spirit of GOD through Paul told them.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Can Christ die again? As if that ONE sacrifice was NOT good enough. Behold the lamb of God that TAKES AWAY the sin of the world...then

There were those that saw lived seen TASTED when Christ was here....have you only TASTED of Christ? NO! Some seen.. only tasted...look up the word tasted.. only tasted .....then knowing the truth.. they go back and willfully sin. They SEEN TASTED KNOW.. yet would then say na..dont want it/Him.. to bring them back is almost impossible.. They NEVER repented.. never came to Christ never repented. They know all they have to give up repent of.. and TASTED never came to Him. I HAVE IT..receive it and also HE is in me. One has to know to whom and who Paul was talking about HEBREWS? Read whats written WAY before this verse and after to know what he was talking about. Its not a born again believer. Again.. have you only TASTED of Christ?

SOME still to this day put what Christ did on that Cross ...forgive me.. Still put Him to open shame. As if what HE did.. is still not enough. No sin will ever enter heaven. You really think believe you will be SINLESS when you die? Repented of EVERYTHING. John told us.. if we say we have no NONE no sin.. we deceive our selfs and the truth is not in us. If no sin enters heaven.. looks like NO ONE is getting in. Sin.. brings death. that is the cost.. that is the payment for sin IN THIS WORLD.

What gets ANYONE in is knowing believing in, trust in, faith in Yeshua Christ. John 3:16. He told us.. the holy spirit now.. convicts the world of? SIN Christ took AWAY ITS GONE NO MORE sins of the world. He told us.. the holy Spirit convicts the world of sin. "Of sin, because they believe not on me;" <---that is what gets you to the Father period. NOT sinning? .. ok.. wow great but so what? Your still not good enough to get in. That FLESHLY righteousness is as rages to Him.

Its HIS Christ righteousness.. He died.. you died.. He rose..you rose. Its ALL HIM. NONE of it is YOU! How can we not see this. The word says.. no man will glory in His sight. It HAS to be 100% all Christ. We die daily? So HE can live in us.

I sin.. I confess He is just and forgives me and cleanses me from ALL unrighteousness. For me its not what some MAN of this world has the exact same info as I do.. and does not not as I do not have the right to tell you what HIS word is really saying really means. After everything I posted.. yeah.. its not what I personally believes will save you.. haha I cant. He is SO REAL. HE will show you teach you.. you dont need any man to teach you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you deny this commandment?

Are you reading the posts you are trying to respond to David? This was posted earlier what do you think this means?

Whatsoever is not of faith is sin *ROMANS 14:23. If you KNOWINGLY disobey God's WORD it is sin. The same as if you disobey any one of God's 10 commandments it is SIN *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What are the commandments now that we are supposed to keep (under the NC).

All of them previously set up by the Most High God - anything He said His people should do (if our goal is to be His people).

God Bless!

It would be up to you to make the effort to want to keep them (and attempt to do so), but the maintenance happens with the Word of God Himself.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0