what are some ways that have helped you seek God?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For example do you read the Bible at a certain time of day, or sing worship songs or fast each month or walk in creation purposely to spend time with God?

what helps you seek God?
I seek Him out daily by following His will and the only way to accomplish this is to walk in the Holy Spirit. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For example do you read the Bible at a certain time of day, or sing worship songs or fast each month or walk in creation purposely to spend time with God?

what helps you seek God?
Talking to Him. Eventually I was able to discern when He was speaking.

The Bible points to a living and active God. People keep picturing Jesus dead on the cross when in reality He is alive. You can always talk to Him and expect an answer.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I seek Him out daily by following His will and the only way to accomplish this is to walk in the Holy Spirit. Be blessed.

Cool :) His good pleasing and perfect will.. tough to find out what this is sometimes in different situations. i need to read the Bible more though so that might be why that is difficult at times for me personally.
thanks for sharing :)

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Talking to Him. Eventually I was able to discern when He was speaking.

The Bible points to a living and active God. People keep picturing Jesus dead on the cross when in reality He is alive. You can always talk to Him and expect an answer.

Yes! I have recently been talking more with God about all sorts of things and that has been helpful with seeking God. Being honest with Him. in the times when I end up pouring out my thoughts and emotions about difficult things I have the Bible with me and God does answer with verses it is quite amazing how God will highlight verses so I know He is there and listening.

A lady at church talked about reading Psalm 91 each day and how that helped her. So I have recently been reading Psalm 91 at certain times of the day and this has made me want to talk to Him more as well and seek Him - that's why my question here because it's great to hear what others do to seek God and what helps them too... and to be inspired :)

thank you for sharing :)

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always enjoyed just speaking to Jesus like he was there next to me. I never got to the point where I could discern his voice or hear his voice clearly, but I do believe God is alive and active. Just spending time with him is a tremendous blessing in itself, very transformative even if that transformation takes time to discern. What relationship doesnt take time to develop?

• Agree
Reactions: Job3315
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always enjoyed just speaking to Jesus like he was there next to me. I never got to the point where I could discern his voice or hear his voice clearly, but I do believe God is alive and active. Just spending time with him is a tremendous blessing in itself, very transformative even if that transformation takes time to discern. What relationship doesnt take time to develop?

cool :) thanks I like what you've said, appreciate you sharing it!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just a slow and consistent studying God's names, titles, and attributes. There are lists online. I select sites that include the Scriptural bases so I can check them out for accuracy.

Recommend listening to Dr Robert Morris. Any of his teachings are Biblically based. The Gateway church online has a lot of his sermons available.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess since I've been saved I've not felt distant from God..There's no need to seek what Ive found (or that which found me rather)

Are you feeling distant from God? Perhaps you should consider the why of that... fix the why, and you fix the distance.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am growing alot by just talking with other christians in our weekly zoom bible studys and through doing church services in the park.

Fantastic! it does help talking with other believers about the Bible and serving, thanks for saying that :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just a slow and consistent studying God's names, titles, and attributes. There are lists online. I select sites that include the Scriptural bases so I can check them out for accuracy.

Recommend listening to Dr Robert Morris. Any of his teachings are Biblically based. The Gateway church online has a lot of his sermons available.

That's a good idea! a good way to get to know who God is by studying His Names... cool :) Thanks for the recommendation for a good Bible based teacher :)

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess since I've been saved I've not felt distant from God..There's no need to seek what Ive found (or that which found me rather)

Are you feeling distant from God? Perhaps you should consider the why of that... fix the why, and you fix the distance.

Its great that you've felt close to God since being saved!
no I personally dont feel distant from God, it's more of a wanting to get to know Him better if that makes sense :) even as I write this I can sense Him with me, mercifully i know He will never leave me nor forsake me, but I also feel like He wants me to know Him more, to spend more time with Him in His Word getting to know Him more. its humbling actually that God would want that.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its great that you've felt close to God since being saved!
no I personally dont feel distant from God, it's more of a wanting to get to know Him better if that makes sense :) even as I write this I can sense Him with me, mercifully i know He will never leave me nor forsake me, but I also feel like He wants me to know Him more, to spend more time with Him in His Word getting to know Him more. its humbling actually that God would want that.

So do that.. :)

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I came across a chap who listened to the whole Bible in a week! wow that would be awesome! I downloaded the app he used. it's quite a busy day today but I might start that and see how far I get...

i'm feeling inspired by the ways you guys have shared too. Thank you to those who shared what is helpful to you in getting to know God better, appreciate you taking the time to share about your walk with God :)

Upvote 0