What are Single Christian men looking for in a Single Christian woman?

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello, Nice to meet you all! :wave:

I'm just curious, I've seen past forum with this same question. But I can't find it anymore. So, I've started a new one.

I've been wondering this question for a year now. I haven't been dating that much. Because I've been so busy. I know about some guys have certain tastes. I don't mind to hear about them as well. I've been also going through some lifetime changes in my life. Like being a better Christian woman, and becoming a better woman anyway. So, as I'm becoming this new creature in Christ. I was wondering this question!?!?!

What are MOST Christian men looking for? I know that men are into certain different tastes. But, what are men actually looking for that are the 100% of all men are looking for? Or most common? You can display on what on what guys don't like?

I like to know. Because I like to marry a christian sweetheart male someday. I'm 28 years old now. And I'm going to be serious in dating soon. I don't want to scare off any man I date.

If anyone can give me an idea what a Christian man would be looking for that's there main thing that there looking for? You can also post any peeves that you guys hate in a relationship that is not good on a woman's behavior.

It's not that I'm wanting to be a pushover. I just want to know. I don't have a good resources to know at my end. To learn about guys.

Last edited:

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me, what is most important is that they are absolutely in love with Jesus and seeking to know God even more! I think modesty is important to just about any guy that is worth your time. Also, don't be afraid to be yourself and be patient in waiting for the guy. Be the woman that would attract the man that you want to marry. Strive after God in all things and the Godly man will find you. Blessings my sister!

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,851.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hello, Nice to meet you all! :wave:

I'm just curious, I've seen past forum with this same question. But I can't find it anymore. So, I've started a new one.

I've been wondering this question for a year now. I haven't been dating that much. Because I've been so busy. I know about some guys have certain tastes. I don't mind to hear about them as well. I've been also going through some lifetime changes in my life. Like being a better Christian woman, and becoming a better woman anyway. So, as I'm becoming this new creature in Christ. I was wondering this question!?!?!

What are MOST Christian men looking for? I know that men are into certain different tastes. But, what are men actually looking for that are the 100% of all men are looking for? Or most common? You can display on what on what guys don't like?

I like to know. Because I like to marry a christian sweetheart male someday. I'm 28 years old now. And I'm going to be serious in dating soon. I don't want to scare off any man I date.

If anyone can give me an idea what a Christian man would be looking for that's there main thing that there looking for? You can also post any peeves that you guys hate in a relationship that is not good on a woman's behavior.

It's not that I'm wanting to be a pushover. I just want to know. I don't have a good resources to know at my end. To learn about guys.
One who is around my age and will actually have me... :sigh:

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
The common denominators in what *most* (exceptions notwithstanding) MEN (Christian or not) are looking for:

- Honesty
- Respect
- Interest
- Some commonality in values
- Healthy/slender/decent to good looking
- Integrity
- Empathy and kind-heartedness
- Shared humour

Though most will avoid you if you have any of the following qualities:

- Obesity/lack of concern for physical health
- Children and/or complications with ex-spouse/boyfriend (varies on men and depends on age and attitude of children to them...applies to ex too if he's involved in a significant way)
- Prideful competativeness/Ultra feminist
- A history of promiscuity
- Conversely - any indication of sexual frigidity that doesn't have to do with initial fear but long held attitude or distaste (indicates possible once every 2 weeks/month or more begging affair for him(I'm talking within marriage here))
- Excessively needy emotionally (not just once in a while)
- Excessively needy financially (always)
- Lots of negative attitudes about men in general or past partners (possible indications of the future put downs/disrespect)
- (He has) Uber incompatibility with your parents

Last edited:
Reactions: Mediakira
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

enelya_taralom

Catch the wave.....
Aug 2, 2004
✟10,398.00
Faith
Christian
All the ideas are good. I do like Stravinsk's answer. It gives more detail. Thanks for all of your ideas. If anyone else have ideas. That would be great! God Bless you all!

Just be sure to keep in mind that these are all generalizations. In Starvinsk's post, for example, I can think of quite a few exceptions to the norm ie: I am in shape and probably one of the most healthy people I know... I'm also one of the least argumentive of the women, yet it is me who is alone and always has been and it is my overweight, sometimes abrasive, fairly self-centered female acquinatances who get the guys... so really, there may be norms but even the exceptions can find someone and be more popular than the norm...

Last edited:
Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Every man is different, religious or otherwise, so there is no one size fits all answer. Get clear on what kind of guy you would like to be with, then see if you would be compatible with said guy. If so, you're on the right track. If not, then you've either got some work to do or you need to change what type of guy you're looking to attract.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cloudstrife007

Jun 13, 2006
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised!

From scripture, Proverbs 31 depicts what an ideal Christian wife would be like.
This isn't necessarily a prescriptive passage (i.e. we don't just follow and obey it literally). I think the passage gives us wisdom and insight into the character, attitude and actions of a woman who lives wholeheartedly for God.
Note: The passage isn't just for females. It gives guidance to guys into the ideal qualities of a wife. I think that once there is fear (awe) of the Lord from the heart then character and wisdom will take place and this will lead on to a healthy personality, wisdom to take care of her body/health, not being needy, etc.

- Husband can have full confidence in her
- she brings good to him and not harm
- she works hard for the family (waking up early to work, providing them with food, keeps them warm in winter)
- she even cares for the servants of the household
- she is wise in finances for the family - buys fields, makes/sells clothes
- she cares for the poor and the needy
- she speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction
- she watches over the affairs of the household
- she doesn't eat the bread of idleness (she isn't lazy or just sits there expecting food to be on the table???)
- her children call her blessed
- her husband praises her
- her works bring her praise at the gates (reputation as a godly woman?)
- she fears the Lord

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised!

From scripture, Proverbs 31 depicts what an ideal Christian wife would be like.
This isn't necessarily a prescriptive passage (i.e. we don't just follow and obey it literally). I think the passage gives us wisdom and insight into the character, attitude and actions of a woman who lives wholeheartedly for God.
Note: The passage isn't just for females. It gives guidance to guys into the ideal qualities of a wife. I think that once there is fear (awe) of the Lord from the heart, character and wisdom will take place and this will lead on to a healthy personality, wisdom to take care of her body/health, not being needy, etc.

- Husband can have full confidence in her
- she brings good to him and not harm
- she works hard for the family (waking up early to work, providing them with food, keeps them warm in winter)
- she even cares for the servants of the household
- she is wise in finances for the family - buys fields, makes/sells clothes
- she cares for the poor and the needy
- she speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction
- she watches over the affairs of the household
- she doesn't eat the bread of idleness (she isn't lazy or just sits there expecting food to be on the table???)
- her children call her blessed
- her husband praises her
- her works bring her praise at the gates (reputation as a godly woman?)
- she fears the Lord

Thanks! Cloud! That's very helpful! I'm reading the scripture now. That's really good. :satisfied::amen:

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I prefer to be the woman that God is wanting me to be. If the man chooses a snake over an Angel. Then he will pay for his choice.

I want to be God's daughter and the way he made me to be. He know's me and watch's me everyday. I owe God this much. Since everyone has choices. I choose to be perfect the way God has made me. If a man out there loves to see this. Marry a woman such is this. I promise that man will live a peaceful and warm life that God has given us.

I am Jesus's knight. I want nothing else but to wear my believer's crown, and defend his Honor and Glory with my sword and shield!

Last edited:
Upvote 0