Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
image.jpeg

Some think that it's spiritual energy, some think that they are just dust particles. But what do you think? Have you had any experiences or encounters with them?

Last edited:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some think that it's spiritual energy, some think that they are just dust particles. But what do you think? Have you had any experiences or encounters with them?
Well, I don't see them in the Bible as a source of spiritual blessing; instead, it's simple faith in the Lord Jesus that really counts (John 3.16; Ephesians 2.8; Romans 5.1).

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

In ghost hunting circles it is assumed to be the physical manifestation of a dead person's spirit, i.e. a ghost.
Apparently not all ghosts know how to project a image in the likeness of their living self so the orb is the best that they can do.
There's a ton of info available on the net, some of it accurate.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe just a camera lens that hasn't been properly cleaned or has water droplets on it.

That's what it looks like to me. It looks like a dirty lens.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Is there any indication whatsoever that these photographs are actually of anything at all, or did someone find these photographs and then try and find some sort of paranormal "reason"?

I still maintain that there's nothing actually there: dirty lens, artifacts resulting from the film development, any host of possibilities. Supernatural "orbs" they aren't.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is there any indication whatsoever that these photographs are actually of anything at all, or did someone find these photographs and then try and find some sort of paranormal "reason"?

I still maintain that there's nothing actually there: dirty lens, artifacts resulting from the film development, any host of possibilities. Supernatural "orbs" they aren't.

-CryptoLutheran

Fair enough. Found the photo on Pinterest, typed in orbs and that came up. Someone might be visiting a historical building and take some photos whilst they are there. Then they upload the photos to the computer and then they notice them and might dismiss them as dust particles. Whilst another person might find them interesting, compares it to a dust particle and may conclude that it's something else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do so love authoritative sounding pronouncements involving things that aren't actually there. Wanna hear my Professional Engineer's explanation on how the interstellar drive in Flying Saucers works? If so, I'll make it up for you right away, and it'll impress even the pickiest true believers. (That's what the BSEE was for, after all; to impress folks enough to induce them to hire me.)

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yeah cameras can do some wonky things sometimes. i would certainly not fully reject the possibility of other types of unknown beings existing. we used to not know that tiny microscopic creatures were a thing. they are strange little creatures. who knows what even stranger things there could be.

I have seen some strange ufos on youtube and they are something... but what are they? ~shrugs~ I dunno... color changing shape changing somethings. plasma of some sort?

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
yeah cameras can do some wonky things sometimes. i would certainly not fully reject the possibility of other types of unknown beings existing. we used to not know that tiny microscopic creatures were a thing. they are strange little creatures. who knows what even stranger things there could be.

I have seen some strange ufos on youtube and they are something... but what are they? ~shrugs~ I dunno... color changing shape changing somethings. plasma of some sort?

I saw a MonsterQuest video on YouTube about rods:

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw a MonsterQuest video on YouTube about rods:

yeah the rods thing is one of the camera defects. I saw something where it turned out to be a insect, i think a moth, but on the camera it showed up as those spiraling rod things. i have heard of black shadow things as well and I have seen and heard it speak as I woke up. but the human brain is a very strange and mysterious thing in itself. I think that various beings do interact with us and influence us and we them. people assume that the universe is for the most part a dead thing but i'm really not so sure. it feels more like what could be described as the kingdom of heaven, many different spirits all singing along, loving God and doing stuff that interweaves with others. for all I know entire new layers of reality can all the sudden intermesh with what we perceive to be our universe. I don't know how to explain reality but we all experience it.

I think it was the monster quest show that did debunk the rods thing? I don't wanna watch it all i'm going to sleep.

Upvote 0