• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What are intrusive thoughts like for you guys?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
To me , whether they are intrusive thoughts to me, or in someone else,
they are something that must be dealt with as Yahweh (God) directs. (in His Word and necessarily with spiritual knowledge or wisdom or strength all that He alone grants; i.e. not by 'human' /fleshly/ carnal resources)

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HAHA... I was in this bible study for some time.. where when I was young.. the lord called me a "worry wart". I asked her that was praying for me what that means. She said "someone that worries about nothing". She had no clue but.. praise GOD glory to Jesus that was SPOT ON!

There are times when you are doing something .. and this thought.. comes from NO WHERE.. you were not even thinking about that.. filter it THROUGH Christ.. has to go in line with the word.. or bind it.. rebuke it..I put it under the blood. I give no thought to it.

And the holy Spirit works that way (He was the 1st.. the other just copys how God works) And when its of God.. you always will get a peace. God is NEVER EVER in a hurry or rush. We have NO IDEA at how many times HE saves our lives..helps us. Learn to LISTEN..it will always start small and as we are faithful in small things it will ALWAYS grow..for HIS glory HIS praise.. always for the kingdom.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean OCD intrusive thoughts? They're thoughts that bother me, sticky thoughts that won't let go, that tell me, "You have to figure this issue out now or else." "Normal" thoughts, even about a real issue, are thoughts that I can tend to put aside and deal with later. But when an issue becomes obsessive, I'm filled with anxiety and dread and a sense of urgency, forcing me to spend all my time trying to figure something out perfectly and reason my way out of the fear.

Reactions: jb8185
Upvote 0