What are demons/evil spirits and how did they come into existence ?

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This doesn't prove that demons are invisible conscious entities that possess people. It proves that Jesus Christ has the power to heal mental (spiritual) ailments and command spirits. Just because he sent the spirits into a herd of swine doesn't mean they were "supernatural" or conscious in any way. Christ Himself said that evil comes from within and that nothing can enter you that can defile you. Superstitious thought such as demonic possession is one of the main forms that psychosis takes within someone is suffering in their spirit (mind). Delusions like superstitious thought are evil spirits (lies held to be true) and they harm people. People who think that evil spirits can possess people are more prone to believe they are possessed when they experience psychosis and their faith in the delusion makes it far more powerful over the mind and harder to reverse. I've studied demonology and have worked with those who would be called possessed and i have taken part in deliverance and exorcism. Demons as conscious entities floating about and possessing people is an effective metaphor but the reality is that the spirits are unclean thoughts, behaviors, and emotions and are the result of sin (error) in spirit (the mind) of the individual or the collective (family, culture, society). I've intensely studied the works of magicians, sorcerers, and mystics, those who command and work with evil spirits and for the most part they understand exactly what they're doing and understand what demons actually are and that is why they are effective in their works today while most Christians are still stumbling around in the dark ages instead of truly combating evil.

We've discussed the visions of Daniel and John in the past and you seem to understand that the "beasts" they see are nations and kingdoms---these "beasts" are of the class of demon known as an egregore and their primal origin is the nephilim. This doesn't make them conscious beings that are the result of angels breeding with people the bible doesn't even say that, they are simply beings that exist in the minds of people and the faith that people have in them is like the faith people have in governments... they only exist because people collectively believe in them.
So, this mental illness spoke to Jesus as a third party?

I doubt it.

The mental illness recognized Jesus as the Son of God, so Christ told it to be silent, lest it expose Him for being the Christ?

I doubt that.

This mental illness asked to be sent to a heard of pigs? Really?

I am no expert on mental illness but I do know that demons are actual beings and not figments of the minds of mentally unbalanced people.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Enoch gave the book to Methuselah, who gave it to Noah, who took it with him onto the ark.
I will answer with your own words:

"I think that statements like this are totally un biblical. Unless you can show scripture to back it up."

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I will answer with your own words:

"I think that statements like this are totally un biblical. Unless you can show scripture to back it up."
You are right. I should have said " I believe that the Book of Enoch was given to Noah to take onto the ark."

This information, that this was how we got the Book of Enoch, was written in the Book of Enoch.

Not unlike the bible, this book teaches about itself.

Enoch was the great-grandfather of Noah. The Book of Enoch's Chapter 68:1 states: "And after that, my great-grandfather Enoch gave me all the secrets in the book and in the parables which had been given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book of the parables."

So, it may have been Methuselah that gave it to Noah as I don't think Enoch could have done this directly.

• Agree
Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is that fairy tale any different than the ones used by Orthodox Jews that the "oral tradition" was given by God to Moses on Sinai and transmitted orally until the Talmud was written down in the 3rd century ad, or the RCC and EOC claim that their sacred traditions were given by Christ but never written down?

They are all fairy stories.

Go look up the term "pseudepigrapha."

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Almost everything you have posted is mere conjecture. We do not know where or how demons come into existence, or what they are. The Bible never says. IMO it is not wise to speculate.

A demon is someone who was once human but now resides in hell where they serve Satan. In fact, even the Devil was once human. He lived an earthly life, died, then was condemned to hell. He was born in ancient India and worked as a Brahmin priest.

No actually a demon is a space Alien who uses his advanced technology for evil purposes, often to decieve mankind with trickery. They are behind Alien abductions.

The ones that visit earth today are the Greys and these guys are not nice and supposely come from the zeta retculi star system. Actually they are not really grey, just brown squat creatures, the big grey head with large black eyes is a space helmet.

• Prayers
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
That horrible development by Satan to derail God's plan for a Savior to come through His human creation to reconcile mankind back to Himself was doomed. Because the union of angels with the daughters of man formed a hybrid race of people who became evil and monstrous causing great chaos among the normal human beings they were living among.

This was the major factor in God's decision to destroy the earth and all mankind with it with the flood of Noah's time, except for Noah and his family of eight, whom He spared on the ark, from the flood.

When the giants/Nephilim died, their spirits were

There were ONCE thousands of different human type species that existed.

Around the time of Enoch there would have been just two
Neanderthal
(the giants) and homo sapiens.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Neanderthal
Neanderthal are fully human, and bones of skeletons that are called Neanderthal show that they were humans of great age...just like the Bible states than men once lived to be. The young ones are the same as today.
You could put a suit on a fleshed out Neanderthal skeleton and it would resemble Charles Darwin -saw that done on a site, once:)
There has only been one Adam kind human being race =one and only one, species of human being/Adam creation kind since the creation of Adam as "male and female, called Adam, by the Creator, in
Genesis 5:2.

God made Adam male and female. Genesis 1:27, 5:2 the word "man" is "Adam" in Hebrew, in those verses.

one flesh, one bone. Genesis 2: 23,

one spirit. Malachi 2:15

one blood. Acts 17:26

different colors, one tongue.

Divided tongues from the one Edenic mother tongue caused isolation of the gene pools, over time, and the 70 tongues continued to leaf out from the 70 branches God divided the one into, after Bab-el, and isolation of gene pools caused the tribes not to be as diverse as God made them to be, in the beginning, as to colors.

Adam was white -Enoch

Adam is contracted from adamah -dirt, and dam -blood.

Eve was black -Enoch

Cain black, Abel red, Seth white, Enoch and the Torah.

Noah, who was white, had one black son, Cain, one red son, Shem, one white son, Japheth, and they all spoke the Edenic/Hebrew tongue, until the tribes were divided by tongues, not colors, after Babel. Wives were just as mixed in colors.

Sarah was white -DSS, as was her great nephew, Laban/white. Hagar was black -of Ham, and Abraham was more red.

Other Scriptures testify to the same, if you study, you will find.
One Adam race, divided by 70 patriarchal tribes, and since Babel, by tongues, not divided by color or physical features.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Neanderthal
The Nephilim were not Neanderthals.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right. I should have said " I believe that the Book of Enoch was given to Noah to take onto the ark."

This information, that this was how we got the Book of Enoch, was written in the Book of Enoch.

Not unlike the bible, this book teaches about itself.

Enoch was the great-grandfather of Noah. The Book of Enoch's Chapter 68:1 states: "And after that, my great-grandfather Enoch gave me all the secrets in the book and in the parables which had been given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book of the parables."

So, it may have been Methuselah that gave it to Noah as I don't think Enoch could have done this directly.
Methuselah, son of Enoch, and Noah, preached together for 120 years repentance and the Gospel revealed in Enoch, and the first consummation of sin on earth as revealed in Enoch.
Shem lived with Methusaleh, son of Enoch, for 100 years before the flood.
Shem outlived Abraham.
Shem had the blessing of the office of firstborn and was the priest of the Most High God who gave the blessing of the office of the firstborn to Abraham when he met Abraham coming back from the rout of the kings with Nimrod, who was called "in him they fell" --amraphael, after the fall of the tower.
Abraham gave the blessing to Isaac, and Isaac gave it to Jacob -well, Esau sold it to Jacob, and Jacob got it from Isaac after that:)
Abraham died one year before Shem.

Abraham lived with Noah and Shem for 39 years, while hiding out from Nimrod, who wanted to kill him, and came out from them after the fall of the tower of Bab-el.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lee11

Nov 10, 2017
melbourne
✟34,951.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First of all it all begins with Satan's falling from God's grace due to his belief he could become as great as God. So he and one third of all the angels who sided with Satan were all dismissed from God's grace and became His enemy.

The next step was that of the early creation following Adam and Eve, humanity had increased considerably and the daughters of men attracted some of Satan's angels, who then left heaven to come and select any of them as wives for themselves.

The Bible calls these angels, sons of God, found in Genesis 6:2 and 4, who had children by them, that were huge giants, the Bible calls Nephilim, which is the Hebrew name for giant.

That horrible development by Satan to derail God's plan for a Savior to come through His human creation to reconcile mankind back to Himself was doomed. Because the union of angels with the daughters of man formed a hybrid race of people who became evil and monstrous causing great chaos among the normal human beings they were living among.

This was the major factor in God's decision to destroy the earth and all mankind with it with the flood of Noah's time, except for Noah and his family of eight, whom He spared on the ark, from the flood.

When the giants/Nephilim died, their spirits were relegated to be earthbound, disembodied, until the day of judgement at the end of the age. So they attempt to get into any body they can, whether human or animal as the Bible reveals to us in such passages as Jesus encountered with them in Matthew 8:28-32.

For those of us who belong to Jesus, who has given/baptized us with the Holy Spirit, who then dwells within us, according to Eph.1:13-14, there is no fear of demons entering into us and taking control of our lives as others are exposed to who do not believe in Jesus.

Quasar92

Hi

My understanding is demons are the falling angels that were cast out of heaven with satan when satan rebelled in heaven.

Ephesians describes them as principalities powers rulers of darkness and spiritual wickedness.

Jesus said rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20 KJV:

like all spiritual gifts the greatest gift is the gift needed to meet some ones need at the time.

Peace

Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand you have some good scripture here.

However, you state:

"Satan and his angels, evil spirits in heaven,"

I see nothing in the scriptures that supports your view of the bolded part of the above.

We do not see or hear of demons or evil spirits until post flood scriptures or scriptures speaking of the times after the flood.

Would you not think that if evil spirits were "created" we:

1/ would have heard about them earlier, and

2/ Everything God created would not have been considered "good"
Well, Enoch already told us they were evil spirits in heaven, in reporting what God, the Great Glory, told him which he wrote, in Enoch 14, 15.
Enoch also told us there were "satans", which are the evil spirits in heaven.
The Torah and the prophets and the writings and the NT continue speaking of the same as was laid down as foundation doctrine, in Enoch.
God created the satans to do exactly what they do, and gave them the promise of their rewards for doing it....
their rewards are to torment and torture their captive prey forever in the kingdom of darkness, which is their food and drink. They have only a limited time to "lay up in store" their "food" for that Day when they are never able to come out of their kingdom again, which is the Lake of Fire made for the devil and his angels.
The devil was a murderer "from the beginning", from Genesis, the beginning, when he tempted Cain to murder Abel. God the Word warned Cain that "Sin lay at his door" -the entrance to his inner being, "and lusted, reached out with lust, for him".
Satan was a liar from the beginning, from Genesis, when He lied to Eve, and the big chief of the Satans was not the one who lied to Eve, but just one of his [satan's] created [by the Creator] angels", as I believe is revealed in the Book of Enoch, in a fragment written by Noah.

The evil spirits disembodied from the flesh of the slain offspring of the fallen watchers walk earth seeking to indwell a body and do their evil through humans they control, and Satan rules over them to do so, and in the Lake of Fire, they will be subject to the satans because their fathers became subject to the satans, and committed the unholy fornication to get offspring on earth, as Enoch reported.
But til they are gathered by the angels at the end of this age and are cast into the Lake of Fire, without any further judgement than what Enoch received from the Word of God in heaven, and wrote to them, which judgement cannot be reversed, and which comes at the end of this age and the beginning of the thousand year Sabbath, they walk the earth doing what the curse on the Adam flesh given by God and can be read in Enoch, permits them to do.

Jesus reverses the curse for all who call upon His name, and are cleansed by His atoning blood, and we have the authority to cast out demons, and to bind their works on earth and the evil principalities and powers/satans, that rule in heaven over earth, which they serve .
evil spirits in heaven are satans.
Evil spirits on earth are demons. Enoch tells us. Torah corroborates it.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Enoch already told us they were evil spirits in heaven, in reporting what God, the Great Glory, told him which he wrote, in Enoch 14, 15.
Enoch also told us there were "satans", which are the evil spirits in heaven.
The Torah and the prophets and the writings and the NT continue speaking of the same as was laid down as foundation doctrine, in Enoch.
God created the satans to do exactly what they do, and gave them the promise of their rewards for doing it....
their rewards are to torment and torture their captive prey forever in the kingdom of darkness, which is their food and drink. They have only a limited time to "lay up in store" their "food" for that Day when they are never able to come out of their kingdom again, which is the Lake of Fire made for the devil and his angels.
The devil was a murderer "from the beginning", from Genesis, the beginning, when he tempted Cain to murder Abel. God the Word warned Cain that "Sin lay at his door" -the entrance to his inner being, "and lusted, reached out with lust, for him".
Satan was a liar from the beginning, from Genesis, when He lied to Eve, and the big chief of the Satans was not the one who lied to Eve, but just one of his [satan's] created [by the Creator] angels", as I believe is revealed in the Book of Enoch, in a fragment written by Noah.

The evil spirits disembodied from the flesh of the slain offspring of the fallen watchers walk earth seeking to indwell a body and do their evil through humans they control, and Satan rules over them to do so, and in the Lake of Fire, they will be subject to the satans because their fathers became subject to the satans, and committed the unholy fornication to get offspring on earth, as Enoch reported.
But til they are gathered by the angels at the end of this age and are cast into the Lake of Fire, without any further judgement than what Enoch received from the Word of God in heaven, and wrote to them, which judgement cannot be reversed, and which comes at the end of this age and the beginning of the thousand year Sabbath, they walk the earth doing what the curse on the Adam flesh given by God and can be read in Enoch, permits them to do.

Jesus reverses the curse for all who call upon His name, and are cleansed by His atoning blood, and we have the authority to cast out demons, and to bind their works on earth and the evil principalities and powers/satans, that rule in heaven over earth, which they serve .
evil spirits in heaven are satans.
Evil spirits on earth are demons. Enoch tells us. Torah corroborates it.
Psa 78:49
He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

God destroyed Egypt by sending evil angels among them, at the time of the Exodus.
Evil angels are satans, and some are named in the Book of Enoch, and some in the OT and NT.

1Co 10:10
And don’t grumble as some of them did, and then were destroyed by the angel of death. =destroyed by the Destroyer

Heb 11:28
It was by faith that Moses commanded the people of Israel to keep the Passover and to sprinkle blood on the doorposts so that the angel of death would not kill their firstborn sons.

Abaddon is a satan, and the king of Sheol.
Rev 9:11
Their king is the angel from the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon—the Destroyer.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all it all begins with Satan's falling from God's grace due to his belief he could become as great as God. So he and one third of all the angels who sided with Satan were all dismissed from God's grace and became His enemy.

The next step was that of the early creation following Adam and Eve, humanity had increased considerably and the daughters of men attracted some of Satan's angels, who then left heaven to come and select any of them as wives for themselves.

The Bible calls these angels, sons of God, found in Genesis 6:2 and 4, who had children by them, that were huge giants, the Bible calls Nephilim, which is the Hebrew name for giant.

When the giants/Nephilim died, their spirits were relegated to be earthbound, disembodied, until the day of judgement at the end of the age. So they attempt to get into any body they can, whether human or animal as the Bible reveals to us in such passages as Jesus encountered with them in Matthew 8:28-32.

For those of us who belong to Jesus, who has given/baptized us with the Holy Spirit, who then dwells within us, according to Eph.1:13-14, there is no fear of demons entering into us and taking control of our lives as others are exposed to who do not believe in Jesus.

Quasar92
A demon is someone who was once human but now resides in hell where they serve Satan. In fact, even the Devil was once human. He lived an earthly life, died, then was condemned to hell. He was born in ancient India and worked as a Brahmin priest.
um.....I don't know where you got this stuff, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts you can't show that in any bible... That book you got this stuff from probably starts with "Once upon a time...."

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi

My understanding is demons are the falling angels that were cast out of heaven with satan when satan rebelled in heaven.

Ephesians describes them as principalities powers rulers of darkness and spiritual wickedness.

Jesus said rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20 KJV:

like all spiritual gifts the greatest gift is the gift needed to meet some ones need at the time.

Peace
Angels and demons are two different beings. There are many kinds of angelic beings and ranks, like a military. However, angelic beings have a spiritual body and can assume the look of a man, if God allows.

Demons have no body whatsoever. They search for a body to possess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psa 78:49
He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

God destroyed Egypt by sending evil angels among them, at the time of the Exodus.
Evil angels are satans, and some are named in the Book of Enoch, and some in the OT and NT.

1Co 10:10
And don’t grumble as some of them did, and then were destroyed by the angel of death. =destroyed by the Destroyer

Heb 11:28
It was by faith that Moses commanded the people of Israel to keep the Passover and to sprinkle blood on the doorposts so that the angel of death would not kill their firstborn sons.

Abaddon is a satan, and the king of Sheol.
Rev 9:11
Their king is the angel from the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon—the Destroyer.

A Lying Spirit is a satan in heaven who asked permission of God to be a lying spirit to deceive Ahab.
19 Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by, on His right hand and on His left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ 22 The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.’ 23 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”

Satan accused Peter before the throne of God in heaven to get permission to "sift Peter like wheat", so as to get him to deny Jesus.
Satan is still in heaven, has not been cast down, nor have his angels who are all evil spirit in heaven, and who only work by permission of God. They get their rewards in the kingdom of Darkness when they are the tormentors and torture forever, those who were deceived by them, so as to "sift" the "created Adam persons" and the holy angels in heaven. whoever is deceived by them of the Adam race, and does not repent, is subject to the satans in the Lake of Fire forever, and are eternally tormented, as the beast and the false prophet are, for the Lake of Fire is the Kingdom of Darkness, and the Prince of it is the Chief Satan, and his angels are the evil angels created to do what they do.

Luke 22
31 And the Lord said,[c] “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Almost everything you have posted is mere conjecture. We do not know wher or how demons come into existence, or what they are. The Bible never says. IMO it is not wise to speculate.
It comes from the Book of Enoch which WAS accepted by the church until the early to mid eighteen hundreds, and is quoted in the bible, which authenticates it as a good source. Thus, coming from a good source it is not speculation...

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is 50 years long enough?
Is the fact I have been around the deliverance ministry since the mid 1960s? And ministering in it myself since the early 70s?
Oh my goodness! When you're done patting yourself on the back, lets get on with this conversation!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It comes from the Book of Enoch which WAS accepted by the church until the early to mid eighteen hundreds, and is quoted in the bible, which authenticates it as a good source. Thus, coming from a good source it is not speculation...
In the mid 1800s it was thought to be lost with no record of its contents. It had not been seen in the western church since the 2nd or 3rd century.

As to authenticating a good source, does that mean Paul quoting the Zeus worshipping Ancient Greek poets makes them a good source also?

Upvote 0