What are demons/evil spirits and how did they come into existence ?

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where in the Bible do you find the story of the Satan's fall from grace? In your studies, do you find any explanation why an all loving and all knowing God would allow the Satan to exist?

Isaiah 14:12-17 12How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13You said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. 14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." 15But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. 16Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: "Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, 17the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?"

A Lament over the King of Tyre [Satan]

Ez.28:11 "Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, raise a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord God:

“You were the signet of perfection,[a]
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
every precious stone was your covering,
sardius, topaz, and diamond,
beryl, onyx, and jasper,
sapphire,[b] emerald, and carbuncle;
and crafted in gold were your settings
and your engravings.[c]
On the day that you were created
they were prepared.
14 You were an anointed guardian cherub.
I placed you;[d] you were on the holy mountain of God;
in the midst of the stones of fire you walked.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created,
till unrighteousness was found in you.
16 In the abundance of your trade
you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;
so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God,
and I destroyed you,[e] O guardian cherub,
from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Your heart was proud because of your beauty;
you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor.
I cast you to the ground;
I exposed you before kings,
to feast their eyes on you."

Rev.12:7 "Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him"

Quasar92.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Superstition is still so rampant it's scary. Spirits are not disembodied souls or invisible, conscious actors. They are motivating principles. Demonology is what we today call psychology. Egyptian, Sumerian, Hebrew, Greek, and other religious cosmologies are models of the spirit world which is the psyche---which is why the Greek word for spirit is psyche lol.

Evil spirits come from the abyss of the imagination and things that influence it---they motivate evil thoughts and deeds. The bible is clear on this. The "sons of God" are people who follow gods commandments, and the sons of the devil are the lawless why is it somehow different for Genesis? Why the weird superstitions? Unclean spirits are impure thoughts and emotions.

The nephilim were the first kings and warlords and the "spirits" they left behind are the kingdoms, nations, and religions of earth.

One of many examples in the Bible where Jesus is recorded as driving demons out of people.

Jesus Restores Two Demon-Possessed Men

Mt.8:28 "When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,c two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

30Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

32He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water."

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Superstition is still so rampant it's scary. Spirits are not disembodied souls or invisible, conscious actors. They are motivating principles. Demonology is what we today call psychology. Egyptian, Sumerian, Hebrew, Greek, and other religious cosmologies are models of the spirit world which is the psyche---which is why the Greek word for spirit is psyche lol.

Evil spirits come from the abyss of the imagination and things that influence it---they motivate evil thoughts and deeds. The bible is clear on this. The "sons of God" are people who follow gods commandments, and the sons of the devil are the lawless why is it somehow different for Genesis? Why the weird superstitions? Unclean spirits are impure thoughts and emotions.

The nephilim were the first kings and warlords and the "spirits" they left behind are the kingdoms, nations, and religions of earth.
I think this is basically a good answer, but those spirits of the kings and warlords that came before in fact do exist, and they are as real as our own psyches are real. Whether or not we personify them in order to better understand their reality, they have a reality that existed before we were born and will exist long after we die. These spirits have intent, they are very capable of possessing us, dominating our thoughts, and taking over our wills.
Just because they exist in the world of the psyche, their reality can be known through the consequences that they have on the world. They are as real in the world as mathematics in the world is real. If math was not real, then no rocket would have been able to reach the moon, no skyscraper would have ever been erected, bridges would crumble.
My criticism of your post is not that it is not correct, but that it has a reductive quality to it. Psychology is nowhere near giving us a full picture of what the nature of consciousness is, and for as long as we cannot adequately define the true nature of consciousness, we are a long ways from reducing the world of spirit to the confines of the human mind. And even in terms of the mind, there is nothing in the universe yet discovered that is half as complex as the human mind is.
It is not mere superstition to creatively give form to those entities that lie outside of what is known to us. The world of today is created through artistic vision, and the artistic mind prepares us to grapple with the problems of tomorrow as they are emerging on the horizon. What lies outside of our ability to rationally explain is no less real because it is unknown, and a very important part of life is learning how to grapple with the unknown, to live on the edge of chaos and order. This is the world of creativity and possibility. Imagination is a necessary tool in order to make sense of that which we do not know. We enter that world with eyes wide open, alert, armed and with words of truth, for to be unable to discern the truth from the lie in such an environment will have dire consequences.

What we do not know has independent existence, and what we do not know is very capable of killing us too. Grappling with the world of the unknown requires the creativity of imagination, and therefore ought not to be reduced to believing in mere superstition.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GUANO
Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think.
Genesis 1 states that the heavens and earth were created and then the details are laid out. There was no "earth" in Genesis 1 -8, just the primal waters, filled with powers and waiting for all that was to be made to burst forth from them, with the Holy Spirit "brooding" over the primal waters .

There was no "heaven" in Genesis 1-5, just the firmament of His power, and the firmament was just waiting to be stretched out and formed, all in a day, and the stretched out from this globe firmament of His powers " were named "two waters -shamayim", after they were stretched out between the cut in two primal waters of this creation.
So, the firmament of His powers were stretched out on day 2 of creation week, and they began right here, from the globe of primal waters, and were stretched out between the cut in two waters of creation, out of which primal elementally pregnant waters [so to speak], all things were brought forth by the mighty Word of God.

See? The heavens did not exist until day 2, verse 6, and they were stretched out between the cut in two waters of creation on that day.

Earth was not named until it was the "dry" "beat out/stretched out/called to form, out from the primal waters.
The sun and moon were not made until day 4.
Read it for what it says, not for what you imagine from brain washings given in great doses from unbelieving, deceived, minds of the blind.
One of many examples in the Bible where Jesus is recorded as driving demons out of people.

Mt.8:28 A)' data-cr="#cen-NASB-23374A">When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were B)' data-cr="#cen-NASB-23374B">demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29 And they cried out, saying, “a]' data-fn="#fen-NASB-23375a">[a]C)' data-cr="#cen-NASB-23375C">What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before b]' data-fn="#fen-NASB-23375b">[b]the time?” 30 Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them. 31 The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters. 33 The herdsmen ran away, and went to the city and reported everything, c]' data-fn="#fen-NASB-23379c">[c]including what had happened to the D)' data-cr="#cen-NASB-23379D">demoniacs. 34 And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus; and when they saw Him, E)' data-cr="#cen-NASB-23380E">they implored Him to leave their region".

Gack to finish shortly.

Quasar92
This doesn't prove that demons are invisible conscious entities that possess people. It proves that Jesus Christ has the power to heal mental (spiritual) ailments and command spirits. Just because he sent the spirits into a herd of swine doesn't mean they were "supernatural" or conscious in any way. Christ Himself said that evil comes from within and that nothing can enter you that can defile you. Superstitious thought such as demonic possession is one of the main forms that psychosis takes within someone is suffering in their spirit (mind). Delusions like superstitious thought are evil spirits (lies held to be true) and they harm people. People who think that evil spirits can possess people are more prone to believe they are possessed when they experience psychosis and their faith in the delusion makes it far more powerful over the mind and harder to reverse. I've studied demonology and have worked with those who would be called possessed and i have taken part in deliverance and exorcism. Demons as conscious entities floating about and possessing people is an effective metaphor but the reality is that the spirits are unclean thoughts, behaviors, and emotions and are the result of sin (error) in spirit (the mind) of the individual or the collective (family, culture, society). I've intensely studied the works of magicians, sorcerers, and mystics, those who command and work with evil spirits and for the most part they understand exactly what they're doing and understand what demons actually are and that is why they are effective in their works today while most Christians are still stumbling around in the dark ages instead of truly combating evil.

We've discussed the visions of Daniel and John in the past and you seem to understand that the "beasts" they see are nations and kingdoms---these "beasts" are of the class of demon known as an egregore and their primal origin is the nephilim. This doesn't make them conscious beings that are the result of angels breeding with people the bible doesn't even say that, they are simply beings that exist in the minds of people and the faith that people have in them is like the faith people have in governments... they only exist because people collectively believe in them.

Upvote 0

lee11

Nov 10, 2017
melbourne
✟34,951.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan has never been "cast out of heaven".
Satan is not named lucifer, which is not a proper name in the Word.
Satan was and is not a cherubim.
A cherubim has four faces in Ezekiel, the Cherub face is the bull face.
Satan has never been a bull, nor does he have calf's feet, nor is he in a body nor has he ever been in a body...
There is not a creation gap between Genesis 1:1 and 2. God made everything that is in 6 ordinary days, and pronounced it all "good".
There was not a heaven stretched out from earth until day two of creation week, when God divided the primal waters of this globe in two halves, and stretched out the firmament of His powers between the two halves, and named the firmament "two waters/ Sha-Mayim
The waters above the stretched out firmament are still above the stretched out heavens.
Satan is a created evil spirit in heaven, and he has many "angels" also evil spirits in heaven, who are under the Prince of the "Satans/Mastema".

Satan is the accuser of the brethren, and got authority over all flesh in which is the breath of life when the first, firstborn son of God of the Adam being kind, became defiled to carry the glory in his clay vesel of flesh, and Adam got kicked out of heaven, and we, his seed in his loins, were defiled in him and lost access to Paradise in the third heaven that day.
Paradise is in the third heaven of the "immeasurable stretched out breadth of the earth".
Paradise is where the Tree of Life still is, and it is in the third heaven.

Eze 10:14

Ezekiel 10:14 And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

12 It is doubtless[a] not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise

Rev 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

31 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”

Satan and his angels, evil spirits in heaven, are created for the Lake of Fire, which is the second death. Satan was not created a cherubim.

Satan is the Prince of Darkness. He has never been a "light bearer", but darkness, and evil, to try, test, and tempt holy angels and Adam persons, to believe his lies against the clear Word of God.

Satan and his angels are the tormentors who will reign in the kingdom of darkness forever, tormenting the bodies and souls of those Adam persons who fell prey to their deceptions, without repenting, and the fallen watchers who fell prey to the deceptions of the evil spirits in heaven, who left heaven and took wives of the daughters of Adam.

hi

may i ask what denomination you attend or is that to personnel?

thx

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
...........In your studies, do you find any explanation why an all loving and all knowing God would allow the Satan to exist?

The explanation is written throughout the bible. Its called freewill!

Was there ever a time when you didn't follow Christ? Why didn't God smite you? Freewill, that's why.
God put Adam in the Garden of Eden, and gave him everything there to eat, except the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good or Evil which would kill him. Yet Adam was free to make that mistake, which of course he did.

So God created the heavenly host with that same freewill. And somewhere in the distant past, Satan rebelled, leading a whole load of other rebel angels away with him.

God created the heavens and the earth and all that live therein. God wanted a loving relationship with those he created, but you cannot have a loving relationship with anyone if you enslave them or their minds. Thus the freedom to love requires the freedom to rebel.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enoch was dead thousands of years before that book was written. It has been dated from 150 bc to 50 ad, with the Watchers section written last.

Uh...Enoch did not die. God took him.

Riddle who's the pldest man in the bible? Metheselah, good. Also wrong. Methuselah lived what? 969 years? and yet, He died before his father, lol. (Enoch).

I dunno about the dating stuff. They're prolly wrong, or lying to discredit Enoch. I've heard that before, but can't confirm it as truth...and neither can you. :)
Some guy said? Ok.

Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My guess at the "pecking order" of Spirit Beings...
1. Jesus: Spirit-Man = Deity = the Creator of ALL
2. Angels (spirit beings following / rejecting God)
3. Satan / Demons (spirit beings rejecting God)
4. Man: made in the spiritual image of God...Genesis 1:26; later: believers are promised "spirit bodies" in heaven

"Satan" occurs 54 times in 47 verses in the NASB

Other names: Lucifer / Devil / "serpent" / demons / unclean-evil spirits / evil one / beast / dragon / false prophet / Baal / etc

E.G.......And the great dragon was thrown down , the serpent of old (Eden!?)
who is called the devil and Satan , who deceives the whole world...Revelation
2 Corinthians 11:14 ... for even Satan disguises himself as an "angel of light".
2 Corinthians 4: 2-4...in whose case "the god of this world" (SATAN!) has blinded the minds of the unbelieving
Matthew 25:41...into the eternal fire ("lake of fire"?) which has been prepared for the devil and HIS angels ;

Revelation 20:10...The un-holy trinity
And the "devil" (anti-God) who deceived them was thrown into the "Lake of Fire" and brimstone,
where the "beast" (anti-Christ) and the "false prophet" (anti-Spirit) are also;
and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

According to Scripture: (primarily Genesis / Gospels / Revelation)
1) Satan blinds people to the truth.
2) Satan works among those who live in disobedience to God.
3) Satan deceives.
4) Satan tempts people with desirable things.
5) And Satan twists Scripture to say things it does not mean

Satan is NOT the opposite and equal to God.
He is a lessor created spirit being with limited powers and attributes who rebelled with "free will".
He is allowed to exist within the will of God to bring ALL glory to Himself.
A perfectly good God did not create "evil".
Evil is simply the absence of God.

Traditionally, "Lucifer" / Satan was the highest angel cast from the heavenly realm
for the "sin" of "pride" into the lowest parts of the earth.(Sheol)
SEE: Isaiah 14: 12-15 (NASB)...Israel’s Taunt of Satan
SEE ALSO: Ezekiel 28..."Tyre’s King " Overthrown
Revelation 12:9

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 2: 1-2 (NASB)
And you (believers) were (spiritually) dead in your trespasses and sins,
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world (cosmos),
according to "the prince of the power of the air",
of the SPIRIT that is now working in the sons of disobedience.(unbelievers)

Hebrews 2:14
Therefore, since the children (all humanity) share in flesh and blood (Body + Soul),
He (Jesus) Himself likewise also partook of the same, (miraculous incarnation)
that through death (sacrifice on the Cross)
He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the DEVIL,...

And Satan / Demons (spirit beings rejecting God) are spiritually and eternally
separated from the heavenly realms of the TRI-UNE GOD ....JUSTLY Judged and Sentenced.

Revelations 20...The Eternal Judgments of Spirit Beings in Spiritual Realms
"...and the devil (Lucifer/Satan) who had deceived them was thrown into the "lake of fire" and sulfur
where the beast (unholy spirit) and the false prophet ( anti-christ) were,
and they (unholy spiritual "trinity") WILL be tormented day and night forever and ever." ...

Biblically it is hard to deny the existence of : Satan / Demons (spirit beings rejecting God)...
BUT...good news!...

Colossians 2: 14b-15 (NASB)
...God disarmed / triumphed over Satan through Jesus the God-Man !

1 John 3:8
....; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
The Son of God appeared for this purpose,
to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, (believers) are from God
and have overcome them (evil spirit beings),
because the one who is in you (God the Holy Spirit)
is greater than the one who is in the world.(Satan)

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My guess at the "pecking order" of Spirit Beings...
1. Jesus: Spirit-Man = Deity = the Creator of ALL
2. Angels (spirit beings following / rejecting God)
3. Satan / Demons (spirit beings rejecting God)
4. Man: made in the spiritual image of God...Genesis 1:26; later: believers are promised "spirit bodies" in heaven

I agree with your pecking order all except...I think Satan was created a Cherubim and I think that is one of the top ranking Angels, so Satan may be #2 and Angels #3. Aren't Cherubim Arch-Angels?

Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not denominational. I met Jesus and fell in love with Him 48 years ago last month. I love His Word.

48 years Brother?! It must be nice, I wasn't that smart, lol. It took me 50 years just to catch on. :clap:

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with your pecking order all except...I think Satan was created a Cherubim and I think that is one of the top ranking Angels, so Satan may be #2 and Angels #3. Aren't Cherubim Arch-Angels?

Quite right.

Ez.28:13“You were the seal of perfection,

full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13You were in Eden,

the garden of God;

every precious stone adorned you:

carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,

topaz, onyx and jasper,

lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.b

Your settings and mountingsc were made of gold;

on the day you were created they were prepared.

14You were anointed as a guardian cherub,

for so I ordained you."

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I couldn't find this post to quote it, but Old Church Guy said:
"...........In your studies, do you find any explanation why an all loving and all knowing God would allow the Satan to exist?"

Our life is a big Training Excercise! He said He knew us before the foiundation of the world, before we were in our mother's womb...We very probably chose (or at least agreed), to be born into the life that we have. Obviously, our memories are being restrained from us being able to remember that, before we were born.

The mission is...get lost and have amnesia...and discover who we are, who our Lord is, and find our way back...Born into a war, behind enemy lines, probably being attacked by the enemy way more than we realize, and the only thing we have is our basic instruction manual, and a radio (!) (Prayer), but we don't know how to operate it at first because we're born with amnesia.

It kinda sounds like a good movie. Jason Bourne Deluxe or something!

Since we're gettin' put through hell basically, I think that when we do cross over, we'll appreciate it more than any of God's creatures there, who were created into heaven and didn't have to come to earth and experience this, like Angels for instance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Satan has never been "cast out of heaven".
Satan is not named lucifer, which is not a proper name in the Word.
Satan was and is not a cherubim.
A cherubim has four faces in Ezekiel, the Cherub face is the bull face.
Satan has never been a bull, nor does he have calf's feet, nor is he in a body nor has he ever been in a body...
There is not a creation gap between Genesis 1:1 and 2. God made everything that is in 6 ordinary days, and pronounced it all "good".
There was not a heaven stretched out from earth until day two of creation week, when God divided the primal waters of this globe in two halves, and stretched out the firmament of His powers between the two halves, and named the firmament "two waters/ Sha-Mayim
The waters above the stretched out firmament are still above the stretched out heavens.
Satan is a created evil spirit in heaven, and he has many "angels" also evil spirits in heaven, who are under the Prince of the "Satans/Mastema".

Satan is the accuser of the brethren, and got authority over all flesh in which is the breath of life when the first, firstborn son of God of the Adam being kind, became defiled to carry the glory in his clay vesel of flesh, and Adam got kicked out of heaven, and we, his seed in his loins, were defiled in him and lost access to Paradise in the third heaven that day.
Paradise is in the third heaven of the "immeasurable stretched out breadth of the earth".
Paradise is where the Tree of Life still is, and it is in the third heaven.

Eze 10:14

Ezekiel 10:14 And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

12 It is doubtless[a] not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise

Rev 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

31 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”

Satan and his angels, evil spirits in heaven, are created for the Lake of Fire, which is the second death. Satan was not created a cherubim.

Satan is the Prince of Darkness. He has never been a "light bearer", but darkness, and evil, to try, test, and tempt holy angels and Adam persons, to believe his lies against the clear Word of God.

Satan and his angels are the tormentors who will reign in the kingdom of darkness forever, tormenting the bodies and souls of those Adam persons who fell prey to their deceptions, without repenting, and the fallen watchers who fell prey to the deceptions of the evil spirits in heaven, who left heaven and took wives of the daughters of Adam.
I understand you have some good scripture here.

However, you state:

"Satan and his angels, evil spirits in heaven,"

I see nothing in the scriptures that supports your view of the bolded part of the above.

We do not see or hear of demons or evil spirits until post flood scriptures or scriptures speaking of the times after the flood.

Would you not think that if evil spirits were "created" we:

1/ would have heard about them earlier, and

2/ Everything God created would not have been considered "good"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh...Enoch did not die. God took him.
Ok wise guy. True. He was taken up the year of he flood.

But I meant dead as not in this world and not allowed to communicate with us the living.

BTW, his age stopped then as God's realm is not in time.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That whole thing of demons being the spirits of the Nephalim, that is from the book of Enoch - Watchers section, a first century bc document that is NOT scripture. Not to be trusted.
The book of Enoch is not canon, that is true. However, I believe it is still a very useful text for explaining events of the time before the flood.

It is quoted in the Bible. The apostles were obviously aware of it and had read it. It is parallel to the bible and does not contradict it. It was also found to be one of the texts existing in the dead sea scrolls.

I find that people that discard the Book of Enoch are those that cannot open their mind to the enormous knowledge it contains and what it does to simple Sunday School stories that we were told when we were young.

Even reading the bible has opened up my knowledge to things I was never taught in Sunday School.

1/ Lot's daughters got him drunk and raped him
2/ David fornicated with the wife of his trusted general, then had him killed when he couldn't face that she was pregnant.
There are others.... The bible is real. The bible tells it like it is. The bible shows cruelty and brutality that the sin of this world has brought about.
The Book of Enoch tells, in further detail, the explanations for mysteries of the bible.

In my mind...it should be Canon and was left out so that the church at that time didn't have to explain more supernatural things and also, to allow them to have more power over the uneducated people of society at that time.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A demon is someone who was once human but now resides in hell where they serve Satan. In fact, even the Devil was once human. He lived an earthly life, died, then was condemned to hell. He was born in ancient India and worked as a Brahmin priest.
I think that statements like this are totally un biblical. Unless you can show scripture to back it up.

Humans who are not saved do not roam the earth, inhabit other bodies, or serve Satan.
Satan is not the master of Hell, he is the prince of this earth. When he goes to hell, he will be an inmate and not the warden.
Satan's fallen angels serve him as well as the demons, the disembodied souls of the human/angel hybrids who can have no salvation.

Satan was never a human. When a human dies, they are to then face judgement.

Unless you can show me scripture to back up your statements.... here are scriptures to back up my view:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 ESV /
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Hebrews 9:27 ESV /
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

John 5:28-29 ESV /
Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Revelation 20:5 ESV /
The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

• Agree
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ok wise guy. True. He was taken up the year of he flood.

But I meant dead as not in this world and not allowed to communicate with us the living.

BTW, his age stopped then as God's realm is not in time.
Enoch was not taken up "the year of the flood".

If this were true, he would have been alive at the same time that his son, Methuselah, was alive.

This could not be true as Methuselah was the oldest man to ever live. If his father, Enoch, was alive too, then Enoch would have been older.

Enoch gave the book to Methuselah, who gave it to Noah, who took it with him onto the ark.

People who cannot wrap their head around the truths of this book will always find ways to discard it.

If you read it and take it to be truth... so much of the Bible comes to light and many of the mysteries are explained.

I believe that Satan doesn't want us to believe the book of Enoch.

Upvote 0