What are demons/evil spirits and how did they come into existence ?

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all it all begins with Satan's falling from God's grace due to his belief he could become as great as God. So he and one third of all the angels who sided with Satan were all dismissed from God's grace and became His enemy.

The next step was that of the early creation following Adam and Eve, humanity had increased considerably and the daughters of men attracted some of Satan's angels, who then left heaven to come and select any of them as wives for themselves.

The Bible calls these angels, sons of God, found in Genesis 6:2 and 4, who had children by them, that were huge giants, the Bible calls Nephilim, which is the Hebrew name for giant.

That horrible development by Satan to derail God's plan for a Savior to come through His human creation to reconcile mankind back to Himself was doomed. Because the union of angels with the daughters of man formed a hybrid race of people who became evil and monstrous causing great chaos among the normal human beings they were living among.

This was the major factor in God's decision to destroy the earth and all mankind with it with the flood of Noah's time, except for Noah and his family of eight, whom He spared on the ark, from the flood.

When the giants/Nephilim died, their spirits were relegated to be earthbound, disembodied, until the day of judgement at the end of the age. So they attempt to get into any body they can, whether human or animal as the Bible reveals to us in such passages as Jesus encountered with them in Matthew 8:28-32.

For those of us who belong to Jesus, who has given/baptized us with the Holy Spirit, who then dwells within us, according to Eph.1:13-14, there is no fear of demons entering into us and taking control of our lives as others are exposed to who do not believe in Jesus.

Quasar92

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Almost everything you have posted is mere conjecture. We do not know where or how demons come into existence, or what they are. The Bible never says. IMO it is not wise to speculate.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Almost everything you have posted is mere conjecture. We do not know where or how demons come into existence, or what they are. The Bible never says. IMO it is not wise to speculate.

Which reveals the lack of time you have had to study the Scriptures. Opinion without valid support to verify it is meaningless. Let me see you prove it.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which reveals the lack of time you have had to study the Scriptures.
Is 50 years long enough?
Is the fact I have been around the deliverance ministry since the mid 1960s? And ministering in it myself since the early 70s?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is nothing wrong with conjecture or in stating an opinion of things not specifically identified by Scripture. We know that Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven; that demons are real and that they serve evil. We just need to be careful to differentiate what we believe and what the Bible specifically says. The easiest way to do that is to quote Scripture when making our positions known.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is 50 years long enough?
Is the fact I have been around the deliverance ministry since the mid 1960s? And ministering in it myself since the early 70s?

Good for you. Please except my kudos! Why are you so abrasive with your remarks then, if you are such an avowed teacher? You know opinion without support is meaningless from your own experience.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan has never been "cast out of heaven".
Satan is not named lucifer, which is not a proper name in the Word.
Satan was and is not a cherubim.
Cherubim have four faces, each, in Ezekiel The Cherub face is the bull face, in Ezekiel.
Satan has never been a bull, nor does he have calf's feet, nor is he in a body nor has he ever been in a body...
There is not a creation gap between Genesis 1:1 and 2. God made everything that is in 6 ordinary days, and pronounced it all "good".
There was not a heaven stretched out from earth until day two of creation week, when God divided the primal waters of this globe in two halves, and stretched out the firmament of His powers between the two halves, and named the firmament "two waters/ Sha-Mayim
The waters above the stretched out firmament are still above the stretched out heavens.
Satan is a created evil spirit in heaven, and he has many "angels" also evil spirits in heaven, who are under the Prince of the "Satans/Mastema".

Satan is the accuser of the brethren, and got authority over all flesh in which is the breath of life when the first, firstborn son of God of the Adam being kind, became defiled to carry the glory in his clay vesel of flesh, and Adam got kicked out of heaven, and we, his seed in his loins, were defiled in him and lost access to Paradise in the third heaven that day.
Paradise is in the third heaven of the "immeasurable stretched out breadth of the earth".
Paradise is where the Tree of Life still is, and it is in the third heaven.

Eze 10:14

Ezekiel 10:14 And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

12 It is doubtless[a] not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise

Rev 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

31 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”

Satan and his angels, evil spirits in heaven, are created for the Lake of Fire, which is the second death. Satan was not created a cherubim.

Satan is the Prince of Darkness. He has never been a "light bearer", but darkness, and evil, to try, test, and tempt holy angels and Adam persons, to believe his lies against the clear Word of God.

Satan and his angels are the tormentors who will reign in the kingdom of darkness forever, tormenting the bodies and souls of those Adam persons who fell prey to their deceptions, without repenting, and the fallen watchers who fell prey to the deceptions of the evil spirits in heaven, who left heaven and took wives of the daughters of Adam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing wrong with conjecture or in stating an opinion of things not specifically identified by Scripture.
There is everything wrong with it. Was that not a major complaint of our Lord against the Pharisees; "teaching as doctrines the precepts of men?"

If it is not in scripture then it is OK to leave it blank.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That whole thing of demons being the spirits of the Nephalim, that is from the book of Enoch - Watchers section, a first century bc document that is NOT scripture. Not to be trusted.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That whole thing of demons being the spirits of the Nephalim, that is from the book of Enoch - Watchers section, a first century bc document that is NOT scripture. Not to be trusted.
You are in error not knowing the Scriptures.
The evil spirits on earth are the disembodied offspring of the fallen watchers and the daughters of Adam, as the Scriptures state.
They are given their doom by Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, and they roam earth til that appointed time,

Enoch 15:The Creation of Unclean Spirits

8"And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. 9Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. 10As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling. 11And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences. 12And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them." {Top}

16 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement� thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated.

2"And now as to the watchers who have sent thee to intercede for them, who had been aforetime in heaven, say to them: 3'You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth.'

4Say to them therefore: 'You have no peace.'"

19 And Uriel said to me: "Here shall stand the angels who have connected themselves with women, and their spirits assuming many different forms are defiling mankind and shall lead them astray into sacrificing to demons as gods, here shall they stand, till the day of the great judgement in which they shall be judged till they are made an end of. 2And the women also of the angels who went astray shall become sirens."

3And I, Enoch, alone saw the vision, the ends of all things: and no man shall see as I have seen. {Top}
The Book of Enoch, Translated by Robert H. Charles, 1912

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
origin of demons/evil spirits on earth:
Enoch 15:8"And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. 9Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. 10As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling. 11And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences. 12And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them."

The females born of the fallen watchers and daughters of Adam are evil spirits in earth called sirens:
Enoch 19 And Uriel said to me: "Here shall stand the angels who have connected themselves with women, and their spirits assuming many different forms are defiling mankind and shall lead them astray into sacrificing to demons as gods, here shall they stand, till the day of the great judgement in which they shall be judged till they are made an end of. 2And the women also of the angels who went astray shall become sirens."

Sirens in the Word of God:
Vision of the Woman in a Basket

5 Then the angel who talked with me came out and said to me, “Lift your eyes now, and see what this is that goes forth.”

6 So I asked, “What is it?” And he said, “It is a basket[a] that is going forth.”

He also said, “This is their resemblance throughout the earth: 7 Here is a lead disc lifted up, and this is a woman sitting inside the basket”; 8 then he said, “This is Wickedness!” And he thrust her down into the basket, and threw the lead cover over its mouth. 9 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there were two women (female evil spirits), coming with the wind in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

10 So I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they carrying the basket?”

11 And he said to me, “To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; when it is ready, the basket will be set there on its base.”

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two Women With Wings Like Storks, and The Mother Of Harlots "You can know what they are, and where they came from, and why they are carrying the woman, "Wickedness" to prepare a base to set her upon it in the land of Shinar
The Book of Enoch has that information, as it relates to the last days.
Enoch said the disembodied spirits of the fallen angels' offspring would roam earth and tempt, seduce, afflict, and torment the Adam flesh creation until the Son of Man comes to set up His kingdom on earth, and put away all evil; and that the women/females of the fallen angels would be "sirens" in the earth.
A siren spirit seduces, and the early depictions of sirens in ancient societies depict sirens as part human women, and part stork.
So, here in chapter 5, Zechariah sees two demon sirens as part stork, part human looking, taking the woman in the basket to prepare a base in the land of Shinar to set her upon it, there.

The correlation to that "Woman/ Wickedness" who has the sirens/seducing spirts taking her in a basket to prepare a base for her in Shinar to set her upon, and the "Mother of Harlots" in the Word is connected to the eventual setting up of the Kaaba in Mecca -which is part of the ancient land of Shinar.
The Mother of Harlots has her base set up by the seducing spirits/ the sirens whom Zechariah saw and whom Enoch described as the disembodied spirits of the women [born to/of] the fallen Watchers/sons of God, who took daughters of Adam and "cut roots" to get offspring and impregnate their wives with the remnant of their own evil spirits.

So the religion of the anti-Christ, which religion denies the Father and the Son, is founded in Shinar by the seducing spirits/the demons/sirens whom Zechariah saw, when they seduced those who began that religion, and she got her "base set up", in Shinar.
Mystery Babylon is called the "Mother of Harlots", meaning the greatest of harlots, and the whole world is being consumed by the sirens/seducing spirits doctrines, causing the world to be plunged into the greatest time of evil since before the flood.

To understand the "last things/Eschatology", you have to go back to the Book of Enoch, where the foundation for understanding the "last things" which are now coming and are here, and which are written in Revelation, were first laid down. "

Upvote 0
May 30, 2014
✟7,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There shouldn’t be an issue with someone stating their thoughts on biblical text. It is part of the process of Godly wisdom to meditate on God’s word. Sometimes meditation could include sharing your thoughts with others.

Quite frankly, if you NEVER speculate (to engage in thought or reflection; meditate) what a demon is then you are definitely lacking wisdom in that category according to discernment of scriptures.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There shouldn’t be an issue with someone stating their thoughts on biblical text. It is part of the process of Godly wisdom to meditate on God’s word.
Except for the fact that Enoch is NOT a "biblical text", and as a pack of lies, cannot be "God's word."

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Actually from my study of the Bible I would give the OP at least a 95% accuracy here.
Not sure how you came up with your opinion?
M-Bob

• Friendly
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is everything wrong with it. Was that not a major complaint of our Lord against the Pharisees; "teaching as doctrines the precepts of men?"

If it is not in scripture then it is OK to leave it blank.

With all due respect Brother, he's right, you need to study more. It's in there. These are the last days remember, and knowledge is being increased.

Except for the fact that Enoch is NOT a "biblical text", and as a pack of lies, cannot be "God's word."

Oh yeah? So you're saying that, even though Enoch was the most righteous man which ever lived (therefore God took him...), that his book is lies?

That's uh, pretty optimistic Brother.

There is a spiritual war going on, and the enemy has seen to it that Enoch was taken out of scripture...it used to be scripture you know. I have studied it and came to the same exact conclusions the he did.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Book of Enoch is a 'pseudepigraph' probably written around 300 B.C.
it is referred to in the Bible many times though.

Yes, apparently demons are spirits of deceased Nephilim.
This is apparently consistent with the Bible too, but the book of Enoch states this more clearly.

So, is Enoch to be considered Scripture?
The Ethiopians think it is, and some of the early church members thought so too, some weren't sure, some thought it isn't.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Enoch is a 'pseudepigraph' probably written around 300 B.C.
it is referred to in the Bible many times though.

Yes, apparently demons are spirits of deceased Nephilim.
This is apparently consistent with the Bible too, but the book of Enoch states this more clearly.

So, is Enoch to be considered Scripture?
The Ethiopians think it is, and some of the early church members thought so too, some weren't sure, some thought it isn't.
Jesus knew the Gospel which is revealed in mystery, first, in the Book of Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam.
His womb brothers knew it. Moses knew it. Paul knew it.
Too bad Augustine didn't know it.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Satan has never been "cast out of heaven".
Satan is not named lucifer, which is not a proper name in the Word.
Satan was and is not a cherubim. and so on and so forth

Luk_10:18 And He said to them, I saw Satan falling out of Heaven as lightning!

Act_5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why did Satan fill your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit and to secretly keep back from the price of the land?

2Co_11:14 And did not Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?

2Co_12:7 And by the superabundance of the revelations, that I not be made arrogant, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, that I not be made haughty.

1Th_2:18 Because of this, we desired to come to you, truly I, Paul, both once and twice; but Satan hindered us.

Rev_12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, the old serpent being called devil, and, Satan; he deceiving the whole habitable world was cast out onto the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev_20:2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the old serpent who is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Eze_28:16 By the multitude of your trade, they filled your midst with violence, and you sinned. So I cast you defiled from the height of God, and I destroyed you, O covering cherub, from among the stones of fire.

Upvote 0

compassion 4 humanity

Oct 24, 2017
Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
First of all it all begins with Satan's falling from God's grace due to his belief he could become as great as God. So he and one third of all the angels who sided with Satan were all dismissed from God's grace and became His enemy.

The next step was that of the early creation following Adam and Eve, humanity had increased considerably and the daughters of men attracted some of Satan's angels, who then left heaven to come and select any of them as wives for themselves.

The Bible calls these angels, sons of God, found in Genesis 6:2 and 4, who had children by them, that were huge giants, the Bible calls Nephilim, which is the Hebrew name for giant.

That horrible development by Satan to derail God's plan for a Savior to come through His human creation to reconcile mankind back to Himself was doomed. Because the union of angels with the daughters of man formed a hybrid race of people who became evil and monstrous causing great chaos among the normal human beings they were living among.

This was the major factor in God's decision to destroy the earth and all mankind with it with the flood of Noah's time, except for Noah and his family of eight, whom He spared on the ark, from the flood.

When the giants/Nephilim died, their spirits were relegated to be earthbound, disembodied, until the day of judgement at the end of the age. So they attempt to get into any body they can, whether human or animal as the Bible reveals to us in such passages as Jesus encountered with them in Matthew 8:28-32.

For those of us who belong to Jesus, who has given/baptized us with the Holy Spirit, who then dwells within us, according to Eph.1:13-14, there is no fear of demons entering into us and taking control of our lives as others are exposed to who do not believe in Jesus.

Quasar92

A demon is someone who was once human but now resides in hell where they serve Satan. In fact, even the Devil was once human. He lived an earthly life, died, then was condemned to hell. He was born in ancient India and worked as a Brahmin priest.

Upvote 0