What are demons/evil spirits and how did they come into existence ?

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dreams are from the subconscious, I am speaking of the conscious mind. Within the subconscious mind we are released from the confines of our reasonable logical mind. Psychology 101
Okay. Psychology 101 is certainly a good place to start in understanding that subconscious and unconscious motives to our behaviors exist.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think what I am trying to describe is the phenomenological reality of Mammon.
I understand your reluctance to treat Mammon as a real entitity, since there are no Gods but God.
But what about Satan and his minions. Are they real, not as Gods to be worshipped of course, but as spiritual entities?
I think that they are, and it is that kind of demonic voice that appealed to the ancients of the Bible, when they worshiped Mammon.
It is a tricky subject to be sure, trying to understand the role of Satan and demonic forces under a Monotheistic creed.
Mammon does not exist as a god, but as a spiritual voice tempting us, he most certainly exists still.
So does Molech exist in cruelty and Baal as the false lord. What was being objected to was the use of it as a force within. Temptations come from outside ourselves altho in a sense can be said to be still within the flesh. Yet the mind has to have a false form of reference to bow to that. That spiritually puts the whole person in the position of idolatry.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So does Molech exist in cruelty and Baal as the false lord. What was being objected to was the use of it as a force within. Temptations come from outside ourselves altho in a sense can be said to be still within the flesh. Yet the mind has to have a false form of reference to bow to that. That spiritually puts the whole person in the position of idolatry.
Well, before I can answer whether these exist, please answer the question I asked about Satan, in order to let me understand whether or not we have a common reference point to hinge out discussion on.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But what about Satan and his minions? Are they real, not as Gods to be worshipped of course, but as spiritual entities?
I think that they are, and it is that kind of demonic voice that appealed to the ancients of the Bible, when they worshiped Mammon.
It is a tricky subject to be sure, trying to understand the role of Satan and demonic forces under a Monotheistic creed.
Mammon does not exist as a god, but as a spiritual voice tempting us, he most certainly exists still.
It is a false religion to worship these demons as Gods, but whatever is meant by demons, I think that their influence over our thoughts and minds and desires is undeniable.
Sure they exist. But how they accomplish temptations can't be referenced further than that afaik other than thru philosophy which I'm not interested in discussing.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wrong! I Was speaking of the conscious mind.
Okay.
Even by using the adjective "conscious" to describe the mind, you are agreeing with other here that their is more to the mind that the conscious mind.

Anyway, we have come to the point where we can do no more than to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0