Arcadia
✟196,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many times I read a passage and never understand its meaning .

#1 What is the context of Acts 2:38 ?

#2 Verse 36 , Peter is speaking to the HOUSE of Israel .

#3 Since the context is Israel . what does Israel have to REPENT of as written in verse 38 ?

#4 No where is Peter speaking to GENTILES that I see !

#5 ALSO NOTICE that Israel has to REPENT FOR / EIS the forgiveness of sins ?

#6 Israel killed Jesus Christ and they had to REPENT of that sin , WHY ?

#7 REPENT because Israel was to be kings and priest , ( Rev 1:6 and Ex 19:6 in the MILLINNEL KINGDOM .

This WATER BAPTISM has NOTING to do with salvation , period .

That is why WATER BAPTISM never saved and the Acts time period has now passed and they are now waiting for the Mark 16:15-18 and all will see that it their preaching is REAL when they see the sign of verses 17-18 and who will those be PREACHING TOO , I say they will be JEWS .

dan p

Last edited:

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

#3 Since the context is Israel . what does Israel have to REPENT of as written in verse 38 ?

#7 REPENT because Israel was to be kings and priest , ( Rev 1:6 and Ex c 9:6 ) in the MILLINNEL KINGDOM .

dan p

Peter is speaking to the Jews who had rejected Jesus as the Lord and Christ. He was telling them to repent of that rejection and believe and be baptized.

• Agree
Reactions: Agra man
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,137.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter is speaking to the Jews who had rejected Jesus as the Lord and Christ. He was telling them to repent of that rejection and believe and be baptized.

So do you think we should preach that today to anyone?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So do you think we should preach that today to anyone?
Not as such. I do glean certain aspects from the passage that can be used for presenting the gospel.
For instance. I point out that "God has made... Jesus... both Lord and Christ."
I point out that Jesus was made both Lord and Christ by God. Other passages state that He is Lord of all.
I Point out that since God has already made Jesus Lord of all, there is no need for you to do it. You could not do it even if you wanted to. So I point out there is no need to "make Jesus Lord of your life" because He already is. The mere suggestion that you could make Him Lord is a subtle way of suggest He is not Lord. Which is a lie.
Since He is already Lord and Lord of all, He has the authority to save you if you call on Him. Whosoever will call on the name of the Lord (Jesus) will be saved. He is "rich" toward all who do it.
But as far as using this passage to push a pre-faith repentance from all sin as a part of the gospel is not correct. You are saved by faith alone.
You could not repent from all sin even if you wanted to and tried. I am sometimes surprised when that message is preached. This passage is not telling Jews and more-so gentiles to repent from sin as a part of the gospel message. Dealing with sin will come afterwards, when they are better equipped with the born-again spirit and the Helper. He was telling the Jews who were present that day to repent (change their mind) about rejecting Jesus as Lord and Christ.
Hope this is what you were looking for. I have taught this for decades.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Agra man
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,137.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not as such. I do glean certain aspects from the passage that can be used for presenting the gospel.
For instance. I point out that "God has made... Jesus... both Lord and Christ."
I point out that Jesus was made both Lord and Christ by God. Other passages state that He is Lord of all.
I Point out that since God has already made Jesus Lord of all, there is no need for you to do it. You could not do it even if you wanted to. So I point out there is no need to "make Jesus Lord of your life" because He already is. The mere suggestion that you could make Him Lord is a subtle way of suggest He is not Lord. Which is a lie.
Since He is already Lord and Lord of all, He has the authority to save you if you call on Him. Whosoever will call on the name of the Lord (Jesus) will be saved. He is "rich" toward all who do it.
But as far as using this passage to push a pre-faith repentance from all sin as a part of the gospel is not correct. You are saved by faith alone.
You could not repent from all sin even if you wanted to and tried. I am sometimes surprised when that message is preached. This passage is not telling Jews and more-so gentiles to repent from sin as a part of the gospel message. Dealing with sin will come afterwards, when they are better equipped with the born-again spirit and the Helper. He was telling the Jews who were present that day to repent (change their mind) about rejecting Jesus as Lord and Christ.
Hope this is what you were looking for. I have taught this for decades.

So that means the Body of Christ could not have begun at Acts 2. Would you agree?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

#7 REPENT because Israel was to be kings and priest , ( Rev 1:6 and Ex 19:6 in the MILLINNEL KINGDOM .

That is why WATER BAPTISM never saved and the Acts time period has now passed and they are now waiting for the Mark 16:15-18 and all will see that it their preaching is REAL when they see the sign of verses 17-18 and who will those be PREACHING TOO , I say they will be JEWS .

dan p
And in the beginning MEN were the PNLY BAPTIZERS and and when Israel was set side and now there on only one BAPTIZER , called the HOLY SPIRIT , and Eph 4:5 reads One Lord , ONE Faith , ONE BAPTIZO and BAPTIZO is the Greek word BAPTISMA and should be Translated ONE BAPTIZER , and that one BAPTISMA is the HOLY SPIRIT , PERIOD .

dan p

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟106,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BAPTIZO is the Greek word BAPTISMA and should be Translated ONE BAPTIZER
Wow! I didn't know this. And I have been wrong my whole life.

I should have gone to the Dan Perez School of Bible Translation.

I stand in awe of your scholarly and theological brilliance.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I didn't know this. And I have been wrong my whole life.

I should have gone to the Dan Perez School of Bible Translation.

I stand in awe of your scholarly and theological brilliance.
I did not learn it all at once and it took many years and even now , I see things that , where it seems hidden from me and we are all in the same position , and The Greek word BAPTISMA is seen 22 times from Matt , though Eph 4:5 .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums