What about the woman caught in adultery. What did "let he who is without sin" mean?

Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is in response to John 8. Please open your Bibles or use the internet. Start with verse 1 and work your way down to verse 11. Read all the way down. Jesus ends up claiming to be God and then THEY TRY TO STONE HIM. Anyways...

Under the Law you were only to be put to death after a fair trial and then only after the testimony of two witnesses "Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee".

Where was the man she committed adultery with hmm? Surly if she really was caught in the act they would have been able to produce not only witnesses but both guilty parties. Under the law both the adulterer and adulteress where to be executed not just the adulteress. Where was the man she slept with? Not about to be stoned that is for sure or he would have been mentioned as well. I smell something fishy. I smell a kangaroo court!

Under the Mosaic Law THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN MURDER!!!!
"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
"And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:"
This makes a lot more sense now doesn't it? Why would they be convicted in their own conscience? Because they were about to murder a woman and violate the law of Moses themselves and they knew it. Murder is worse then adultery BTW.

Also lets not forget that they were trying to trap Jesus!!!!
"This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him."
Under Roman Law only the Roman Government could execute prisoners or those convicted of capitol offences. They were trying to get Jesus in trouble.

Jesus treated the those who tried to cover or self righteously justify their sins differently then those who were repentant. Those hypocrites who judge others for judging, call good evil and evil good, defend the wicked, and try to self righteously justify their sins are exactly the sort he went of on.

Jesus called people pigs, dogs, sons of their father the devil, whitened sepulchers, liars, thieves, and hypocrites and turned over tables and drove the money changers from the temple but at the same time protected the woman about to be stoned, forgave the woman at the well, recruited Mathew the tax collector, Saul of Tarsus, forgave the woman at the well as well as dinned with Zacchaeus the tax collector.

WAS JESUS BIPOLAR? NO! He treated the repentant and those who would repent differently then the hard hearted, unrepentant, and self righteous hypocrites.

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord. - Proverbs 17:15

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5:20

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"let he who is without sin ..." is pretty clear , isn't it ?

at least in english.

does it mean something else in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Boolean ?
They were violating Mosaic Law. It was vigilantism. They would have commited Murder in which case they should have been stonned according to the Law. I covered this already...read the post.

BTW Do you have a daughter or a sister? If you do lets let all the unrepentant cereal rapists and pedophiles out of prison...and we can employ some of them at your daughter or sister's school. After all let he who is without sin cast the first stone, don't judge, and all that other stuff people take out of context.

We should really abolish the sex offender registry, abolish prisons and the criminal justice system, empty the prisons, and let pedophiles become teachers and school janitors. Don't judge and let he who is without sin cast the first stone after all. I also use this argument on the relativists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is in response to John 8. Please open your Bibles or use the internet. Start with verse 1 and work your way down to verse 11. Read all the way down. Jesus ends up claiming to be God and then THEY TRY TO STONE HIM. Anyways...

Under the Law you were only to be put to death after a fair trial and then only after the testimony of two witnesses "Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee".

Where was the man she committed adultery with hmm? Surly if she really was caught in the act they would have been able to produce not only witnesses but both guilty parties. Under the law both the adulterer and adulteress where to be executed not just the adulteress. Where was the man she slept with? Not about to be stoned that is for sure or he would have been mentioned as well. I smell something fishy. I smell a kangaroo court!

Under the Mosaic Law THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN MURDER!!!!
"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
"And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:"
This makes a lot more sense now doesn't it? Why would they be convicted in their own conscience? Because they were about to murder a woman and violate the law of Moses themselves and they knew it. Murder is worse then adultery BTW.

Also lets not forget that they were trying to trap Jesus!!!!
"This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him."
Under Roman Law only the Roman Government could execute prisoners or those convicted of capitol offences. They were trying to get Jesus in trouble.

Jesus treated the those who tried to cover or self righteously justify their sins differently then those who were repentant. Those hypocrites who judge others for judging, call good evil and evil good, defend the wicked, and try to self righteously justify their sins are exactly the sort he went of on.

Jesus called people pigs, dogs, sons of their father the devil, whitened sepulchers, liars, thieves, and hypocrites and turned over tables and drove the money changers from the temple but at the same time protected the woman about to be stoned, forgave the woman at the well, recruited Mathew the tax collector, Saul of Tarsus, forgave the woman at the well as well as dinned with Zacchaeus the tax collector.

WAS JESUS BIPOLAR? NO! He treated the repentant and those who would repent differently then the hard hearted, unrepentant, and self righteous hypocrites.

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord. - Proverbs 17:15

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5:20

Jesus loved those who were wicked like him self as he commands us to do, so that is false he some how treated people differently, He made judas his disciple certainly does not sound like different treatment to me.

Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone.

Meaning let Jesus who is with out sin cast the first stone, also he point to them as hypocrites because they themselves sin and by their own judgement should be putting themselves to death. Jesus convicted them of their judgement and they rethought it and walked away.

You seem to be studying hard and trying really hard, that is good and all, but what you should be working on is surrendering your heart to God completely, then you can hear clearly The Holy Spirit speaking to you and you will not be lead into false doctrines, but will speak truth, as The Holy Spirit is Truth.

Stop fighting so hard, let go of your heart to God. Not saying you don't have Jesus in your heart. I am saying your heart is not completely turned over to God. You still seek to do your will and understand you way, you need to seek Gods will and understand how he wants you to. Let God teach you, you are teaching your self right now.

If you wonder how I know this because it was my mistake to, i did the same thing when I was younger, and it took much pain for me to be where I am now. And I still have a long way to go, but if you can see what i am saying and learn from my mistakes you will save yourself much pain.but you can not see unless God touches your heart. Be willing.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bluelion I think you are doing what you are accusing me of.
You seem to be studying hard and trying really hard, that is good and all, but what you should be working on is surrendering your heart to God completely, then you can hear clearly The Holy Spirit speaking to you and you will not be lead into false doctrines, but will speak truth, as The Holy Spirit is Truth.

Stop fighting so hard, let go of your heart to God. Not saying you don't have Jesus in your heart. I am saying your heart is not completely turned over to God. You still seek to do your will and understand you way, you need to seek Gods will and understand how he wants you to. Let God teach you, you are teaching your self right now.

If you wonder how I know this because it was my mistake to, i did the same thing when I was younger, and it took much pain for me to be where I am now. And I still have a long way to go, but if you can see what i am saying and learn from my mistakes you will save yourself much pain.but you can not see unless God touches your heart. Be willing.

Jesus did indeed treat the unrepentant and self-righteous differently then the repentant. He called SOME sons of their father the devil, pigs, dogs, liars, hypocrites, thieves, ect. ect. (Publically, in their faces) DID HE TREAT THE WOMAN AT THE WELL LIKE THIS? No! WHAT ABOUT ZACCHAEOUS? MATHEW?

You mentioned Judas Iscariot...but didn't Jesus need someone in his midst to betray him so that prophesy would be fulfilled and he could be sacrificed? (Matt 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!)

Did he flood the whole earth and spare Noah?

Why destroy Sodom and Gomorrah and not every city?

When he comes back as prophesied in Revelation 19 and kills the Anti-Christ's servants, every one of them, and the birds feed off their flesh, will he not spare those that belong to him, the ones that are left after the genocide of Christians and Jews?

There are opposite sides of the pendulum on this issue. Both extremes are bad and we do need to line up with what God says and be forgiving and compassionate as well however I am only dealing with the most popular extreme right now for obvious reasons. The church has been infected with this heresy.

I have had to deal with this issue, this don't judge heresy, so many times that I can quote Matt 7:1-6 verbatim without my Bible and I didn't even try to memorize it. Mathew 7:1 which most people take far out of context is the one verse every liberal and every unsaved person seems to know and it is because of ignorance in the pulpit in my opinion that they CAN misuse it without being confronted with the truth and what Jesus really said. That is why I am so adamant about this issue and confronting that one extreme of the pendulum swing. (For crying out loud the pedophile who got my sister into drugs and promiscuity at 13 has told me not to judge, right before threatening me I might add. He taught her and did bible studies with her. She is grown up in her mid 20's and still suffering from drug addiction, alcoholism, and a warped view of what is right and wrong because of him to this very day.)

I used to be kind of like you bluelion. Going around saying "I don't judge" and trying to be chummy with everyone. I met to many fake Christians, heretics, Con Artists, and so on though and came to the realization that I SHOULD LOVE MY NEIGHBOR AS I LOVE MYSELF, AND TREAT OTHERS AS I WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED. If I was wrong I would want to be corrected and if I wronged someone else I would want to be rebuked or reproved, knowing what I know. WE ARE COMMANDED TO JUDGE! We are commanded to rebuke and reprove with longsuffering and doctrine. We can not obey Jesus without judging. To refuse to judge and to teach judging is wrong is to hand our sword to the enemy.

Furthermore if I was a rape victim or someone I loved was murdered and the person was unrepentant I would not want someone hypocritically judging me for judging. When people defend the wicked and persecute their victims, and call good evil and evil good, it is a travesty of justice and AN ABOMINATION! We should forgive, we should forgive seventy times seventy, however we should also rebuke, reprove, preach the truth, and confront evil! You can not DEFEND THE INNOCENT or rebuke those that victimize them without judging.

When you are the bad guy for telling the truth and you see a whole family convering up lies and crimes and then slandering you because you tell the truth and that family happens to be yours it is ridiculous.

My brother jimmy had my sister out on the street selling drugs when she was 15, and he was caught by the police storing illegal guns that he was storing for gangbangers, drug dealers, and murderers. He is allowed over and no one talks about what he dose.

That unrepentant pedophile is allowed over and allowed around CHILDREN!!!

My sister the thieving con-artist and drug addict is allowed over.

Not me though or my step father who was kicked out for defending me and because he wouldn't let these people get away with messing over my biological mother. To honest. To strong a sense of justice, for her. This is the bad fruit of preachers who go around telling people not to judge. It is the fault of PASTORS!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Matt actually speaks against judging. You just don't understand. I have said it before and you miss it we do not make are own judgement, but God has already judged all we need, find God's judgement in the Bible and use His judgement. That is how you avoid what Mat 7 speaks of. How do you know a tree, by spiritual fruit, and by what they say, Jesus said what comes out of person defiles them. So do we make are own Judgments about what they say, no, we compare what they say with the Bible to see if it measures up. That is how you judge by using God's judgments.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Wearecommandedtojudge. What you say makes sense, but may I point out the change which Jesus`s Sacrifice brought about ? We are not commanded to judge anymore, we are to adhere to the two Commandments on which hang all the Law and the Prophets: Jesus Himself told us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. The second is like it: LOVE OUR NEIGHBOUR AS WE LOVE OURSELVES." ( Matthew 22: 35-40:) We are NOT commanded to judge, we are to treat all around us as we would love to be treated: either we agree with what is being said, or we have the God-given duty, to point out the truth, as we know it. Let us always remember to stand up for the truth.
God is our Judge, and God will judge us. Remember Galatians 6: 7-10:
Be not deceived, GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED, sooner or later, the Truth will come out. I say this with love, Wearecommandedtojudge. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matt actually speaks against judging. .
No it dose not...and Matthew 7, the first verse of which most people twist and take out of context, is a chapter in which we are commanded to judge several times. It is absolutely 100% impossible to obey the advice and commands given in the 7th Chapter of Matthew without judging.

This is irony of the highest order considering the way in which many people take Matt. 7:1 out of context.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dear Wearecommandedtojudge. What you say makes sense, but may I point out the change which Jesus`s Sacrifice brought about ? We are not commanded to judge anymore, we are to adhere to the two Commandments on which hang all the Law and the Prophets: Jesus Himself told us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. The second is like it: LOVE OUR NEIGHBOUR AS WE LOVE OURSELVES." ( Matthew 22: 35-40:) We are NOT commanded to judge, we are to treat all around us as we would love to be treated: either we agree with what is being said, or we have the God-given duty, to point out the truth, as we know it. Let us always remember to stand up for the truth.
God is our Judge, and God will judge us. Remember Galatians 6: 7-10:
Be not deceived, GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED, sooner or later, the Truth will come out. I say this with love, Wearecommandedtojudge. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
Those two commands, the two greatest, are actually taken DIRECTLY OUT OF THE TANAKH (You know this collection (The Tanakh) as the Old Testament)

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
—Deuteronomy 6:4-5

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD".—Leviticus 19:18

These commandments where not anything new nor was Jesus replacing anything! He was asked which of the commandments he thought was the greatest of the commandments. These commandments are from Mosaic Law, the Law of God from the Hebrew Tanakh or Old Testement. I should like to point out that he was asked which was the greatest commandment(SINGULAR) and yet decided to list which two commandments he thought were the greatest. We can learn something from this fact.

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Also as Jesus Himself commanded us to judge throughout the Four Gospels I do not think you are correct. Furthermore one can love and make judgments at the same time. In fact it would be harder to absolutely refuse to judge at all and still love at the same time. Maybe even impossible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
but may I point out the change which Jesus`s Sacrifice brought about ?
Dose Heaven still exist? Is the Earth still around.It hasn't blown up yet has it? (I can wait while you go outside and check if you want)

Not making fun of you just trying to ad a little humor to the conversation. It sure dose need some. Anyways...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
. How do you know a tree, by spiritual fruit, and by what they say, Jesus said what comes out of person defiles them.
So you would JUDGE someone's fruits, as to whether or not they are good or bad, but then say it really wasn't you who made the judgment it was God? This would actually be a great thing to do. It is Biblical!

But it WOULD BE JUDGING...albeit judging righteously (John 7:24) if you are truly using Gods judgments as your base....YOUR ROCK as I were.(Matt. 7:24-27) However JESUS NEVER ISSUED A BLANKET CONDEMNATION AGAINST JUDGEMENT...in fact as my name says "We are commanded to judge".

Now not all judging is correct or in line with scripture. Hypocritical judging is wrong as is judging according to appearance without enough information or facts. There are two extremes here, two sides of the swinging pendulum, and neither extreme is correct. We should line up in the with Gods word which would be in the middle of this metaphorical swinging pendulum.
So do we make are own Judgments about what they say, no, we compare what they say with the Bible to see if it measures up. That is how you judge by using God's judgments.
Well that's usually how I try to make judgments. So how is it you had an issue with my name if you think judging is not only ok but is good and what should be done if we do it properly?

Upvote 0